Japonesque Foundation

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

DunmowDizzy

Registered Shopper
I only managed to catch a small bit of this presentation but am interested. Did anyone hear any details on the colour choices.

I'm linen in Bareminerals, neutral 05 in clinique, fair in LG etc.

Hi DunmowDizzy, I think you will be Fair in Japonesque if you are Fair in LG. I had a colour match at the BB but neither suited me but I loved the primer though.

I tend to need a neutral rather than pink or yellow toned did they mention anything about this. What about it made it not suit yourself?

It's yellow based and I'm Porcelain in LG. The lightest one was more my colour but looked too pale. I'm not sure it was neutral or cool undertone but definitely not warm. The Fair made my face look better, but din't match the neck colour.

Okay, go to beautybay.com and they sell the brand, if you click on More Details they give better details of the colours. If the brand is made in Japan the shades will run lighter.

The set on QVC is actually very good value as that brush on its own is £19.50, but I don't like those flat brushes for foundation. You get a better finish with buffing or stippling.

I think I probably need to try light but it is sold out now so I'll have to wait. Thanks for your help girls.

I wonder if I should try Tarte?

I don't need to but I fancy trying something new and also the brushes.

Okay, after having sampled it although it's lightweight I wouldn't say it's an outstanding product. I'll check back to see what the reviews say in a couple of weeks or so.

I recently watched a programme on NHL the Japanese station about the use and history of cosmetics in Japan. It included a section about make up brushes and how they take so much care with the production of them as they were hand made. I am no expert when it comes to cosmetics but i found this programme extremely interesting. It may be possible to google NHL and find this show if anyone is interested.

Latest posts

Back