This Works 3 Piece Sleep Works Collection

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Marina

Registered Shopper
Just watching the presentation and the lady said it has lavender in it. Okay it's a 3 piese set and I have a 5 ml sample of the pillow spray so I looked at the ingredients.It has perfume (fragrance) and spray smells like lavender but there's no lavender on the ingredients list. It's manufactured in China btw so not cruelty free I guess.
http://www.qvcuk.com/webapp/wcs/sto...word=207996&uattrmb=&ddkey=http:CatalogSearch

Thanks for the info M; it's strange that QVC are only stocking one of their items from quite a large range. I'm currently using their "Perfect Heels Rescue Balm" from a set I was given for Xmas 2013 (what can I say I have a stockpile!) It's very effective and has a slightly weird "dry" texture. The tube says manufactured in the the UK so it must vary between different products.

If anyone wants the pillow spray, the Q item doesn't represent very good value (why am I not surprised!) whereas there's a set on the company's own site which includes the same sized spray along with 150ml of the sleep body oil for £21.74 http://www.thisworks.com/body/category-1/winter-bodycare-sale/sleeping-partners.html Oh and free basic UK postage!

Its only products sold in China which animal test, strangely they can be made there and sold elsewhere without testing.

I bought the collection with the candle last year in SpaceNK sale and got it for £32.

I use a lot of lavender products and have found this range to be good quality, good value and the real deal. It includes UK grown lavender and is made in the UK. Their room and fabric spray can be sprayed onto pillows to help aid sleep and their creams, shower wash, shampoo etc are lovely.
Each product lists full ingredients and there`s a bit about where and how the lavender is grown etc
http://www.naturallythinking.com/categories/Bath-&-Body/Carshalton-Lavender/

I bought a massive 250ml of the pillow/room spray and the candle just after Xmas in the sale, I think they were about £16 each, possibly from feel unique

I lost a bit of respect for Pipa when she was trailing this trio - she was going on about how amazing it is and how it's going to solve sleep problems (with many years of complete insomnia and helping others with such issues I know a pillow spray is going to do little except perhaps make one feel a little more relaxed). She said she'd had already bought one for herself, one for her 7 year old son (?!) and one for her best friend.
That's £27 a pop plus pandp - that's not living in reality to me ;) [Neither is finding THIRTEEN different lip glosses at the bottom of her handbag (a confession made during a Philosophy show!]

I dare say a few drops of lavender oil and or sweet basil would work just as well and be just as comforting...
Sorry don't know why it annoyed me so much, it just seemed such a rip off and all about the marketing. I would also question the name 'it works' as can't imagine it's going to do anything for anyone with sleep disturbance... But hey I must be wrong because according to the link above it's on advanced orders so other people obviously thought it was £30 well spent...!

Ps. I think it just winds me up when they stand there spouting all this stuff about products often completely disregarding hugely negative reviews about it etc. The NoNo (noooooooooooo!) being a great case in point. I know they're there to sell things but I don't like some of their methods is all!

Last edited:
I dug out my Otto Rose oil after watching this set and it had an immediate relaxing effect.

I lost a bit of respect for Pipa when she was trailing this trio - she was going on about how amazing it is and how it's going to solve sleep problems (with many years of complete insomnia and helping others with such issues I know a pillow spray is going to do little except perhaps make one feel a little more relaxed). She said she'd had already bought one for herself, one for her 7 year old son (?!) and one for her best friend.
That's £27 a pop plus pandp - that's not living in reality to me ;) [Neither is finding THIRTEEN different lip glosses at the bottom of her handbag (a confession made during a Philosophy show!]

I dare say a few drops of lavender oil and or sweet basil would work just as well and be just as comforting...
Sorry don't know why it annoyed me so much, it just seemed such a rip off and all about the marketing. I would also question the name 'it works' as can't imagine it's going to do anything for anyone with sleep disturbance... But hey I must be wrong because according to the link above it's on advanced orders so other people obviously thought it was £30 well spent...!

Ps. I think it just winds me up when they stand there spouting all this stuff about products often completely disregarding hugely negative reviews about it etc. The NoNo (noooooooooooo!) being a great case in point. I know they're there to sell things but I don't like some of their methods is all!

They are all the same, some presenters get stick for it all the time others seem to get a free pass. I did hear her about the lipglosses and the spray, the lipglosses I thought she must have a very big handbag or never bothers looking for things in it. If I find a bit of loose change at the bottom of my bag its surprise, as I normally know exactly what is in there.

I wish someone would invent a similar product with something other than lavender as a fragrance. I can't bear the smell of it (so I wouldn't find it very relaxing!). I can't be the only person in Britain who doesn't like the smell, can I?

I love lavender, not for any particular holistic reason but simply because I like the smell of it. Years ago Body Shop used to do a bath oil base and then they added the oil of your choice. I loved it and always chose the lavender oil.

I like lavender and it is supposed to be very good for sleep but I know a few people who find it too pungent. I have only very come across one product which I didn't like which was the L'Occitane lavender hand cream which I found far too strong! Like putting the old furniture polish on you hands (which used to come in a tin), it was awful and even washing my hands didn't get rid of the stink and it ended up giving me a headache. I did just by chance see the demo last night with Catherine Huntley and the woman from Thisworks seemed very engaging and genuine and I was keen to give the product a go so I ordered from their website (not QVC); I do get a bit annoyed with these sets where it seems good value but you just end up with stuff you don't want or just use for the sake of it.

Wish I hadn't finished that bottle of vodka. Found some instructions on how to make your own room spray, vodka, essential oil and water.

I wish someone would invent a similar product with something other than lavender as a fragrance. I can't bear the smell of it (so I wouldn't find it very relaxing!). I can't be the only person in Britain who doesn't like the smell, can I?
I'm with you Nicky-j!

Natural Sleep Spray for Staying Healthy

Ingredients

Small Spray Bottle
1 C Distilled Water
1 1/2 T Witch Hazel
12 Drops Various Essential Oils or fragrance oils
if you don't have witch hazel, you can substitute an equal amount of vodka.

Directions:

Put the water and the witch hazel into the spray bottle and shake. The witch hazel will help the essential oils to disperse evenly and not settle at the bottom.
Add your choice of Essential Oils or fragrance oils and shake gently.
Shake before each use and enjoy your natural sleep spray!
Lavender-calming, works as an anti depressant, fights headaches
Clary Sage-Relieves stress, helps balance hormones, fights insomnia
Bergamot-Helps to relieve anxiety & balance emotions
Roman Chamomile-Calms your stomach & nerves-especially effective in children
Frankincense-Promotes calmness, relaxation & deep breathing for staying healthy.
Any of the essential oils will create a splendid sleep spray to help you at nights! Try some of these together to see what you like best! I always lean toward a clary sage and roman chamomile blend for a restful night!

Latest posts

Back