Groundhog Day

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Silver Fox

Registered Shopper
I have dipped into a couple of Kipling shows today ( after dismissing the TSV as I think a very poor offer) & I seem to be seeing the same products over & over & over----
Is it just me remembering times past as more exciting? I remember varied shows when I had to limit myself as there were so many styles I could have ordered.Are they concentrating on newer customers & leaving the established ones wanting?

I have dipped into a couple of Kipling shows today ( after dismissing the TSV as I think a very poor offer) & I seem to be seeing the same products over & over & over----
Is it just me remembering times past as more exciting? I remember varied shows when I had to limit myself as there were so many styles I could have ordered.Are they concentrating on newer customers & leaving the established ones wanting?
I have only heard of Kipling in the last 2 years and I have never understood what the fuss was about apart from the fact that the bags are light. They probably lost their mojo a few years ago!

I see kipling bags everywhere these days ...more than most brands....where I live I saw 3 alvars in 10 mins in the town ....basic range .....still very popular ....couldn't believe my eyes ....

It was ever thus that products are repeated throughout the day, but I know what you mean, and its not just Kipling its the same with most of the stuff for sale. The fashion shows are particularly prone to this, Kim & co more than most. If they don't bring enough or different stock, then the show 'fillers' are generally from the Clearance stock.

Q know they will always have new customers waiting in the wings (who don't remember the 'good old days'), so once they've sucked the 'old' customers dry, they have a constant supply of fresh meat !

It's odd for a so called contential brand I have never seen anyone other than someone from UK carrying a Kipling in all the years I've been abroad on holidays.

I've seen quite a few Japanese tourists buying Kipling bags in the Bicester outlet shop

The first time I saw Kipling bags in the flesh, as opposed to on the telly was in a department store in Japan. They were next to the Birkenstocks.

The first time I ever saw, or heard of, Kipling bags was on QVC when I first got Freeview.

Bus Pass Brand

I see kipling bags everywhere these days ...more than most brands....where I live I saw 3 alvars in 10 mins in the town ....basic range .....still very popular ....couldn't believe my eyes ....

I thought they once had international cachet and were used by the jet set on international holidays, because of QVC hype. Yesterday on the pensioners' bus in to town, I was joined by two fellow bus pass users, with light-coloured Kipling bags which had become grubby and tattered. Cachet lost?

Latest posts

Back