Hermes/Courier nightmare!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Siandc

Registered Shopper
I am so mad I just had to vent to all you understanding QVC'ers!
I have had a nightmare with deliveries recently. I don't know if my courier has changed but in the last 2 months I have had issues with 4 orders either missing, damaged or part delivered. The latest one that has caused me to raise a complaint with CS is an order for a Bose sound link mini. The tracking said it was delivered to a secure location last Thursday but still having received no notification I called CS. They told me it had been put over my side gate LAST THURSDAY! Sure enough I went to look and there is a soggy package containing a £169 Bose that's had been tossed over a 6ft gate! Am I mad or is this normal?

I spoke to my Hermes lady the other week , and said to her what happens if im not in and she tries to deliver and she told me as long as i give her permission she can leave it in my garage in the back garden, so of course i have said yes thats totally fine to do so as it saves me sitting in waiting for a delivery, So surely if you haven't given permission they shouldn't be leaving it in gardens, bins, doorsteps etc.

No Autumn, you're right. CS said their instruction is to return it to warehouse if I'm not in. The lady I used to have was great, she knew the best times to catch me when she had a delivery. Dear god no one should know their delivery people that well haha. Must try a version of dry January for shopping, luckily it's the 27th today so I might just make it!

My Hermes delivery guy is great,very efficient and never leaves parcels if no one is in. I take in quite a lot of parcels for my neighbour and have got to know him well.Cant fault him so sorry for people who are having problems.

Our local Hermes courier delivers in all weather, leaves parcels in sensible places with a note where hes left it. Thankfully never had issues others describe.

My Hermes lady is great as well. Unexpectedly got my Philosophy yesterday ( which I ordered on sat) when I was out and she left it in my blue cardboard bucket at back door and put card through door to tell me.I usually leave a plastic box at back door If I need to go out if parcel due and she puts the stuff in there but then again not everyone has an entrance to a back door.

It's very hit and miss isn't it. My Hermes man is excellent, never actually met him! But he leaves my parcels in a store room as I live in flats, I even leave parcels for him to collect there and he knows exactly where to look. Suits me perfectly.

I have a note pinned to my front door(my door does not face the front but is round the side), telling them where to leave stuff, small brown door beside wheelie bin.

The thing is Hermes and other couriers are really classed as self employed, they get either 45 or 50p per parcel delivered!!! So they will leave parcels and move on, they are sub contracted to Hermes and if they just classed them as proper employees things would be so much better.

i always leave a note on door to leave at neighbour or at front door and not to take back to depot there is nothing dafter as far as i am concerned than having your delivery at the door then taking away again.

i adore my hermes courier. he his handsome smiley and very efficient. hes beem delivering at my address for around 5/6 years. i have had some not so great ones but hes a gem

I am so mad I just had to vent to all you understanding QVC'ers!
I have had a nightmare with deliveries recently. I don't know if my courier has changed but in the last 2 months I have had issues with 4 orders either missing, damaged or part delivered. The latest one that has caused me to raise a complaint with CS is an order for a Bose sound link mini. The tracking said it was delivered to a secure location last Thursday but still having received no notification I called CS. They told me it had been put over my side gate LAST THURSDAY! Sure enough I went to look and there is a soggy package containing a £169 Bose that's had been tossed over a 6ft gate! Am I mad or is this normal?

Oh my god, that's awful! It's all very well being in a rush as they don't get paid much per parcel, but if they're flinging delicate stuff about in the rush then they're not doing their job. Not to mention not leaving it anywhere visible... is it ok? If not I hope Q are going to replace it. Maybe they should employ people actually willing to do the job they're paid for if they don't like losing money on replacements.

I have an outside cupboard so fortunately if we're not in they just leave stuff in there, I'm sure it's saved no end of tedium.

My Hermes lady is pretty reliable, but, like others, I've never actually met her! I live in flats, so she buzzes the intercom and I open the door for her and she just drops the parcel inside the hallway. Luckily, the entryway is shared with only one other neighbour, who is friendly, so it's never an issue.

My neighbour is pretty good at taking things in but otherwise the Hermes man leaves parcels in the brown bin and leaves me a card. If there's garden things in the bin then I just make sure I put a plastic box inside on top so packets can go in there until I get home. Haven't had a problem, however, my pies that I ordered at Christmas never got delivered so either Mr Hermes ate them or the Pie Company didn't send them. If I had ordered a Bose and it was chucked into my garden I would be putting in a serious complaint.

CC

Chucked over the fence, no note left, so could lie for days in the rain, is not unusual when couriers deliver to me which is why I much prefer RM as I just collect from sorting office.
However went to collect today only to find that you can no longer collect on the same day the non delivery took place.

Is this new, or just my area?

Well I live not far from Birmingham and Royal Mail always say I should not collect any item from the sorting office until at least 24 hours later, if they stick a card through my door, saying they tried to deliver something, having said that in the last couple of months they have just started leaving parcels with my trusted next door neighbours, however they don't put any note through my door to let me know, which I think is very poor, as if I have ordered something I can't keep knocking on my neighbours door to see if it has arrived. I work full time so it is unlikely I will be around when they deliver.
Hermes just stick parcels in my back garden, luckily nothing has gone missing, but it is not secure.

No, mine too. Occasionally I am lucky but now that my delivery is always late morning at the earliest I am told to collect it the next day. In the good old days of the postman delivering in the early morning...I might have been able to collect about 3-4 hours later.

Probably varies by area, were three hours, needs enough time for them to finish their round and get the non delivered items back to the local office.

My Hermes lady is lovely we have a good chat,she leaves any parcels in my garage with a note through the door.Sometimes wish RM would do this & save me a drive to the collection office.I am always happy when I see a parcel is being delivered via Hermes as it means I will get it quickly.

Latest posts

Back