CE thawing rolls.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

louise66

Registered Shopper
Did anyone see this demoed? It looks interesting and, if it works, an ingenious invention. I don't eat a lot of frozen food so, with postage, I haven't yet decided if it will be worth it. May buy a set for my mum.:mysmilie_59:

Thawing device is old hat

Did anyone see this demoed? It looks interesting and, if it works, an ingenious invention. I don't eat a lot of frozen food so, with postage, I haven't yet decided if it will be worth it. May buy a set for my mum.:mysmilie_59:

I am old enough to remember when similar things were on sale in catalogues many years ago. Either they were based on scientific fact, which explains why they were around for years. Or they disappeared because they did not work. Why not try the famous MBG and risk the return postage?

With respect, the other posters on this topic have missed what I think is the most important part of today's programme. I probably should get out more, but I find Simon Brown attractive. Thank goodness he has now ditched the affectation of the several days of five o'clock shadow not long enough to morph into a manly beard.

I have got the board (802971) which works very well indeed. I am going to try the roll, because the problem with the board is that it only speeds up where it touches so you have to keep turning the item to get the best results.

I have a black rectangular metal plate from the 80s which used to be my Mum's. It feels cold to touch but does seem to speed up defrosting. The original instructions said to run it under the hot tap for a few minutes first, but I found it still worked (maybe a little slower) at room temperature. The felixible QVC item looks as though it would really speed up lumpy joints of meat, so I'll keep looking at it and then see if I can find the same thing cheaper elsewhere on the t'interweb.

I have a black rectangular metal plate from the 80s which used to be my Mum's. It feels cold to touch but does seem to speed up defrosting. The original instructions said to run it under the hot tap for a few minutes first, but I found it still worked (maybe a little slower) at room temperature. The felixible QVC item looks as though it would really speed up lumpy joints of meat, so I'll keep looking at it and then see if I can find the same thing cheaper elsewhere on the t'interweb.

if you do Akimbo please post as i like the idea of the rolls over the boards

I'll have a proper search over the next day or so and let you know if I find the same flexible rolls that Q sells. :mysmilie_59:

If I take something out the freezer in the morning its thawed when I'm home from work, so I I'm not sure what purpose these would serve.

If I take something out the freezer in the morning its thawed when I'm home from work, so I I'm not sure what purpose these would serve.

Maybe if you forget to take things out of the freezer or make a last minute decision on what to eat.Be interesting to know how effective these are. I usually defrost in the microwave.

If an item is "thick" it can be a bit hard to get defrosted all the way through which is maybe how this thingy will come into its own.

I am old enough to remember when similar things were on sale in catalogues many years ago. Either they were based on scientific fact, which explains why they were around for years. Or they disappeared because they did not work. Why not try the famous MBG and risk the return postage?

With respect, the other posters on this topic have missed what I think is the most important part of today's programme. I probably should get out more, but I find Simon Brown attractive. Thank goodness he has now ditched the affectation of the several days of five o'clock shadow not long enough to morph into a manly beard.

I think you're missing a part of anatomy for this feeling to be reciprocal.

These are a great way to get food poisoning: by leaving something out at room temperate and forgetting about it for a bit whilst it 'does its magic' (magic being simple conduction). I stick to the fridge overnight; using the microwave if I've forgotten.

I think you are wasting your time, unless you are male.

Latest posts

Back