Oh dear Antthony

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
I know some people love Antthony and his giggly ways, but watching him now, he looks a right drip in his cowboy outfit - whatever happened to men not wearing hats indoors ????

I also think his range of clothing is now just market stall tat, cheap clothing with an expensive price tag, doesn't he realise that all that fabric on the hips of his tops is sooo last year !

He wore the cowboy outfits during his last visit too. I think he has a following for his clothes,but they are not for me, well most QVC fashion is not for me these days.in the past I purchased some great shirts from Mint and Cydney Mar,but they were fairly classic.

The shark bite hem has infected all of the other ranges. I was thinking that some of his tops, the tunic ones, would be great if he levelled them instead of those horrible drop sides.

I thought the cowboy outfit last visit was something to do with it being thanksgiving, founding fathers and all that but obviously not.

Oh dear.

Many of these qvc 'designers' (using the term loosely) haven't got anywhere to go now with 'tops'.

Every permutation has been used ie sleeveless/short/long/bracelet length sleeves; short front long back; to be or not to be embellished; sharkbite/handkerchief/waterfall hems; and all produced in the dreaded jersey/viscose/elastene.

Who can tell the difference between a top by Anttony/Rene/Nina Leonard/ et al ? (even dare I say it, Yong Kim)

I've recently bought a top by Mint Velvet - beautiful; and I've been bombarded with catalogues by Wrap and Poetry - all with a different 'take' on a top.
'
Yes, its profit and numbers produced in thousands, for a 'slip over the head market', but the result is cheap fabric and a cheap look.

There are occasionally the shows with "considered purchase" clothing, but even these lines are missing a trick by stopping at a size 18.

Most of Antthony's clothes aren't for me but I got a couple of pairs of trousers in the clearance, really cheap, and they are a great fit and perfect for work. They are just plain black and navy though - none of those loud prints. Can't fault the quality.

CC

The draped look on hips do nothing other than draw attention to them I`ve never thought it was a good look on the slim models ...always being told it draws the eye !! Yes it does draw the eye making you look at the size!! Something I don`t want doing to mine!!! The contradictions spouted about the various detail on garments just to sell them does annoy as they must think we know absolutely nothing about how clothes should fit our different shapes and sizes!!

Antthony said in one of the shows that you would think this style would draw attention to a persons size but in fact its the opposite effect, it's very slimming and he designed it that way. DF was wearing one such style and was agreeing with him.

I just don't agree with him, and don't want to draw more attention to my hips.DF was saying how famous he is for this design and how popular it is. In my opinion it doesn't even suit the slim models.

I can't watch Antthony, his ott antics grate on me. I don't think I am missing much... the few items I saw was could be seen on any market stall....loud and awful.

I cringe whenever any of Antthonys 'fashions' are! The look of the fabric sends my teeth on edge. The majority of clothes appear to be made in that stuff that clicks up and causes static electricity. Nasty!!

Latest posts

Back