The Real Pie Company TSV 05/02/15

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Well l am surprised they are having this as a TSV considering many of the negative reviews about this company's pies! Mind you whenever they are on they seem to sell out so l guess some people love them!

Well l am surprised they are having this as a TSV considering many of the negative reviews about this company's pies!

That's just from the people who got them, I remember there seemed to be a lot of complaints around Christmas about peoples' orders not being delivered.

I thought that was Green Seasons or whatever their current meat brand is called. I've tried the pies, they're made in Crawley not far from me, and they're ok. Nicer than some but not as good as a well-made home made pie. The meat ones are ok but I was hoping for great things from their cheese pie but it just wasn't cheesy enough. I don't seem to be able to get a decent cheese n onion pie down here in the South, I also really miss a good meat & potato or a butter pie so I have to make my own. Local Chippies generally don't sell these which is a shame.

Well l am surprised they are having this as a TSV considering many of the negative reviews about this company's pies! Mind you whenever they are on they seem to sell out so l guess some people love them!

Totally agree , There were many complaints of deliveries not arriving in time for Xmas, So what does Qvc do , reward the company with a TSV lol

Totally agree , There were many complaints of deliveries not arriving in time for Xmas, So what does Qvc do , reward the company with a TSV lol

There were complaints that orders weren't received but QVC say TSVs are planned months ahead so maybe they've just gone with what was already planned.

The Real Pie Company 14 Piece Assorted Artisan Pie Selection
Item Number: 803526
QVC Price £44.00
Today's Special Value Price £35.98
P&P £0.00

Hand-crafted, packed with tender pieces of meat and vegetables and encased in a hand-finished puff pastry top with a shortcrust base, this delicious artisan pie selection contains 14 pies, in six classic combinations, plus a new flavour created just for QVC. A versatile addition to your mealtime repertoire, these delectable pies from The Real Pie Company, are great for creating hearty evening meals for the family or mouth-watering lunchtime treats for you.

The Real Pie Company only source British ingredients

Minimum four-day shelf life if unopened

Keep refrigerated

How to cook:

Remove outer packaging

Place in oven, Gas mark 6 or 180C for about 25 minutes

Defrost before reheating

Contains:

2 x Steak, Kidney and Mushrooms Pies (230g) - new and created especially for QVC

2 x Steak and Guinness Pies (230g)

2 x Peppered Steak Pies (230g)

2 x Steak and Mushroom Pies (230g)

2 x Chicken and Ham Pies (230g)

2 x Chicken and Leek Pies (230g)

2 x Chicken and Mushroom Pies (230g)

Ingredients: for allergens, see ingredients in bold

Steak and Guinness pies 230g

Filling (77%): beef steak (73%), stout (7%), thickener (wheatflour, modified maize starch), seasoning (salt, malt extract, stabiliser E450, onion powder, yeast extract, spices, dextrose, rusk, flavouring); Pastry:wheat flour, water, margarine, (vegetable oils (palm, rapeseed oil), emulsifier E471, water, salt, natural flavour), egg

Steak and Mushroom pies 230g

Filling (76%): beef steak (64%), mushroom (12%), thickener (wheatflour, modified maize starch), seasoning (salt, malt extract, stabiliser E450, onion powder, yeast extract, spices, dextrose, rusk, flavouring); Pastry:wheat flour, water, margarine, (vegetable oils (palm, rapeseed oil), emulsifier E471, water, salt, natural flavour), egg

Peppered Steak pies 230g

Filling (77%): beef steak (73%), black cracked pepper, thickener (wheat flour, modified maize starch), seasoning (salt, malt extract, stabiliser E450, onion powder, yeast extract, spices, dextrose, rusk, flavouring); Pastry: wheat flour, water, margarine, (vegetable oils (palm, rapeseed oil), emulsifier E471, water, salt, natural flavour), egg

Chicken and Mushroom pies 230g

Filling (86%): chicken breast (64%), mushrooms (12%), semi-skimmed milk, water, wheat flour, onions, margarine (vegetable oils, (palm, rapeseed oil), water, salt, flavouring), vegetable stock (salt, vegetable fat, potato starch, yeast extract, sugar, onion, carrot, dried herbs (parsley, tarragon), dried spices (celery seed, garlic, turmeric, pepper, parsley root), tomato puree powder, red bell pepper, colour E150A, flavouring (celery), leek, maltodextrin, dextrose), vegetable oil , salt, mustardpowder, white pepper, Pastry: wheat flour, water, margarine, (vegetable oils (palm, rapeseed oil), emulsifier E471, water, salt, natural flavour), egg. May contain bone

Chicken and Leek pies 230g

Filling (86%): chicken breast (64%), leeks (12%), semi-skimmed milk, water, wheat flour, onions, margarine (vegetable oils, (palm, rapeseed oil),water, salt, flavouring), vegetable stock (salt, vegetable fat, potato starch, yeast extract, sugar, onion, carrot, dried herbs (parsley, tarragon), dried spices (celery seed, garlic, turmeric, pepper, parsley root), tomato puree powder, red bell pepper, colour E150A, flavouring (celery), leek, maltodextrin, dextrose), vegetable oil , salt, mustardpowder, white pepper, Pastry: wheat flour, water, margarine, (vegetable oils (palm, rapeseed oil), emulsifier E471, water, salt, natural flavour), egg. May contain bone

Chicken and Ham pies 230g

Filling (84%): chicken breast (58%), pork (22%), semi-skimmed milk, water, wheat flour, onions, margarine (vegetable oils, (palm, rapeseed oil),water, salt, flavouring), vegetable stock (salt, vegetable fat, potato starch, yeast extract, sugar, onion, carrot, dried herbs (parsley, tarragon), dried spices (celery seed, garlic, turmeric, pepper, parsley root), tomato puree powder, red bell pepper, colour E150A, flavouring (celery), leek, maltodextrin, dextrose), vegetable oil , salt, mustardpowder, white pepper, Pastry: wheat flour, water, margarine, (vegetable oils (palm, rapeseed oil), emulsifier E471, water, salt, natural flavour) egg. May contain bone

New Steak, Kidney and Mushroom pies 230g

Filling (76%): beef steak (64%), pork kidney (6%), mushroom (6%), thickener (wheat flour, modified maize starch), seasoning (salt, malt extract, stabiliser E450, onion powder, yeast extract, spices, dextrose, rusk, flavouring); Pastry: wheat flour, water, margarine, (vegetable oils (palm, rapeseed oil), emulsifier E471, water, salt, natural flavour), egg

Direct despatch: please allow 10 - 14 working days for delivery. UK Mainland only

Please note there can be a /- 10% weight variance for each pie.

Behind the brand

Founded by a family of artisan butchers, The Real Pie Company create mouth-watering pies that are 'crammed to the crust' with succulent meats and vegetables using locally sourced products wherever possible and as the seasons allow.

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.803526

i spoke to some people at the beauty bash and they said the meat pies were ok . the fruit pies were not great at all. not a bad price if they are really nice

I enjoy the food shows, but it always gets me when reading the negative reviews & people say 'my husband didn't like them so they all went in the bin'. Seems odd when they can just use the MBG surely.

Just had a chunky steak pie for tea from Morrison's, £1.70 for 2, made with British beef and it was delicious. Why would I buy these over-priced offerings from QVC?

I would try these, I see them a lot and think I would like them. I like this collection a lot because there is no fruit ones in there.

I didn't think there was anyway my partner would pay £2.57 per pie, but he actually said ok :) I nearly fell off my chair. I've ordered mine. I think he's quite excited because we are going to collect two cats we are adopting on Friday (and been out this evening to buy everything to accommodate them).

I would have liked to try the cheese pies though, but you can't have everything I suppose. lol!

Last edited:
i cant wait to try them. they look great. my fav will be the pepper steak and the steak kidney and mushroom. now to make freezer space. i wish i still had my chest freezer

I enjoy a nice pie!!

But why do they keep saying "listen to the crunchy pastry as we cut it".......when the pie squashes up and doesn't crunch at all????

I would never buy food from a shopping channel or mail order. I like pies to be fresh baked and do make my own quite often but I do like them from local bakeries and butchers shops as I can see what I'm getting and they are far cheaper than those on Q today.

Latest posts

Back