Ecozone Biobulbs.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

louise66

Registered Shopper
£31.95, including postage, for four lightbulbs? Does Charlie actually believe that, by telling us he has ordered them, we will want to own them? I can recall buying Philips energy saving bulbs for 14p each. Morrisons sell them at just over 70p. Let's be generous; would you prefer to pay £8 for 4, or the QVC price? It's a no brainer, really. Just out of interest, though, has anyone gone for these?:mysmilie_51:

They are expensive but they are daylight bulbs that are more expensive than normal bulbs anyway even elsewhere so unfair co compare them to the really cheap ones.

You can't compare these ones to the cheap energy saving bulbs you can pick up in so many places, these are very different!

I have a few Ecozone bulbs purchased from Amazon and they give out a different light to regular energy saving bulbs, much whiter and more like natural light. The light complements my all white bedroom, but they don't have the cosy feel created by the more usual yellow light given off by regular bulbs.

Thanks for putting me right on that one. So do they have the same effect, as 'SAD' lamps do?

I like the old style cosy light in my table lamps and have tried so many Eco bulbs to achieve the same with no success. They all seem very harsh.i must have spent a fortune and have all sorts of extra bulbs around the house. For the time being have given up.

They are showing as reduced from £10 on Amazon so based on the full price the QVC price isn't too bad. I find light bulb pricing quite odd as I remember the energy saving ones costing pennies but now all the bulbs in my local supermarket cost a fortune.

There were incentives that reduced the price of them to convince people to buy them. Not sure but think it was a government initiative.

There's a stall in my local shopping centre that still sells old-fashioned incandescent bulbs. Whenever I walk past I always see people buying them. I bought an £8 LED bulb from ASDA recently. It's only 5w but produces a good light. I liked the old bulbs but they used a lot of electric and had to be replaced regularly.

Just wondering what kind of bulbs they use in traffic lights? They can't last forever, either? Who replaces / fixes them, I wonder?

I have never found an energy saving bulb, be it compact fluorescent, LED, daylight or whatever that gives the same quality of light that a bog standard 60W incandescent does. Fortunately there are still readily available online and I hope they will be for some considerable time yet. It's also worth mentioning that these 'daylight' bulbs emit a lot of 'blue' light which can muck up your circadian rhythms royally, much like staring at a screen late at night does. I certainly wouldn't want one of these lights in a sitting room or anywhere where you would be exposed to it during the evenings.

Last edited:
LED bulbs in Lidl today, various types, 2 for £2 !!!

Also a remote controlled multi colour LED bulb, can light in 100's of colours to suit the mood, £6-99. I bought one.

Unfortunately they are all screw fitting, not UK bayonet types.

Just wondering what kind of bulbs they use in traffic lights? They can't last forever, either? Who replaces / fixes them, I wonder?

LED lights are used in the newer ones and the local council tends to look after them unless on the motorway

LED bulbs in Lidl today, various types, 2 for £2 !!!

Also a remote controlled multi colour LED bulb, can light in 100's of colours to suit the mood, £6-99. I bought one.

Unfortunately they are all screw fitting, not UK bayonet types.

I can't find an edit button, should be 2 for £4

Latest posts

Back