QVC welcoming new customers on screen

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Marina

Registered Shopper
There's a running line at the bottom of screen saying "Welcome to the new customers today" and a long line of names.
I was shocked as thought that this kind on information would be confidential unless they are asking people prior to posting their names nationwide. I wouldn't want to see my name broadcasted like this for sure.

I would know and my friends or relatives could ask if it were me :)
I think it was a name and a surname plus a geographical location.

I haven't noticed this before totally took me by surprise today. I will put it down to the new graphics system it definitely works as intended.

They have been doing this for years.

I imagine most people make their first order via the call centre so they possibly ask if you are agreeably rather than just posting random names.

There is a post about exactly this on the Gem's pages and I will say here what I said there just how many Mary's are there living in Cardiff. you would have to have a very unusual first name not to be totally anonymous.

Totally agree with Max. You'd have to be standing right in front of the screen ready to point and shout out to all those present, as your name quickly scrolled along the screen, " That's me, that is!"

Note to the following shoppingtelly.com forum contributors: SOMEONE IS WATCHING:

I'm not sure what it says now because it is now too small for me to read even with the specs on. However I think that is probably intentional.

Conspiracy theory? Moi?

Latest posts

Back