Wet and Forget Mould Lichen & Algae Remover Kit TSV 07/02/15

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Thank you SCW
I saw this ages ago when it was on and looked it up on Amazon where it was much cheaper but I forgot to order it.
I was only thinking I must get some last night and was just going back to Amazon to order but came on here first, and saw this post. It must be fate!!
I will wait and order it from Q and then I can use my 30MBG if it isn't as good as they claim.
Living in Cornwall with the sea all around you only have to turn your back and everything is covered in Mould and algae so it will really get a good test if it works here it will work any where.

Thank you SCW
I saw this ages ago when it was on and looked it up on Amazon where it was much cheaper but I forgot to order it.
I was only thinking I must get some last night and was just going back to Amazon to order but came on here first, and saw this post. It must be fate!!
I will wait and order it from Q and then I can use my 30MBG if it isn't as good as they claim.
Living in Cornwall with the sea all around you only have to turn your back and everything is covered in Mould and algae so it will really get a good test if it works here it will work any where.

got a feelin it be about the price of just the 5 litre on its own but dont quote me on that

I would consider this TSV but I use Patio Magic, which is cheaper, and you can dilute it and use it in a watering can rather than having to use a sprayer, as is recommended for the Wet and Forget. The Patio Magic works quickly and I only apply it annually.

I would consider this TSV but I use Patio Magic, which is cheaper, and you can dilute it and use it in a watering can rather than having to use a sprayer, as is recommended for the Wet and Forget. The Patio Magic works quickly and I only apply it annually.

You probably could use in a watering can as well depending what you are doing. I used it on a wall last year and would never have been able to do it with a watering can. The sprayer also gets into the nooks and crannies better. You can also keep it in the sprayer if you have not used it all. This year going to attempt the garage roof with it.

I also was about to get this from amazon, but will now wait to see the price. Hope the P&P isn't ridiculous. Cheers Ian.

I've got slippery decking that needs treating but I've got two cats and worry about how safe this stuff is for animals.

Anyone got any recommendations please?

You probably could use in a watering can as well depending what you are doing. I used it on a wall last year and would never have been able to do it with a watering can. The sprayer also gets into the nooks and crannies better. You can also keep it in the sprayer if you have not used it all. This year going to attempt the garage roof with it.

I use it mainly for my bloc paving and patio, but I do also have a sprayer for areas where I can't use the watering can.

I don't have any mould, lichen or algae so won't be needing this, fortunately. I might send some to my old landlord though, cos the bathroom had horrible black mould in it!

Julius you have to be a T caller and ask them if it'll work on your bathroom! :mysmilie_19:

I don't have any mould, lichen or algae so won't be needing this, fortunately. I might send some to my old landlord though, cos the bathroom had horrible black mould in it!

I can recommend Astonish mildew remover. It's brilliant!

We bought this a few months ago (along with the shower stuff), and have been shocked at how well and quickly it works. Bought primarily for the red bloom found on new builds around our parts, we expected to wait months to see an improvement so took before photos. We watched the weather forecast and sprayed with a fine garden sprayer and left it to the rain which arrived the next day. The day after that, the red bloom has all but gone! We took after photos and compared them as we couldn't believe our eyes. We've now used it on the patio stones and they've come up clean and bright (green algae). The wooden garden gate had a dose and came up clean, too.

Using a pressure sprayer WILL damage the surface of concrete patios and wooden decking, especially if you go overboard in an effort to get it clean quickly. You might not notice it immediately, but the concrete will start to "dust" after frost and rain and wood treatments will be forced out.

I rang the company about my concerns using it with a pet in the garden and they assured me it was safe to use and wouldn't cause any harm.

The shower stuff makes my tiles sparkle, but my glass doors are not as bright as they were after cleaning with a microfibre cloth after each shower. I can live with it, though, as I no longer have to bother with the daily shower polish ritual. Even with daily cleaning I was getting some mould in the corners, but this stuff has been melting it away slowly (if you want a quick fix, try HG Mould Spray - works in minutes).

The shower stuff is supposed to be vanilla-scented. It is, sort of, but although it's not as downright unpleasant as other cleaning chemicals to me (I have chemical allergies - Flash spray nearly kills me - I can't use candles and air fresheners either, but that's another whinge), I do try to avoid it and ask OH to spray it. It's a weekly job, though, and did I mention no more daily shower polishing :mysmilie_14:. I believe them when they say there are no harmful-to humans-or-animals as I definitely don't get the physical reaction I get to Flash and other stuff. Oh, and it seems to keep both glass and tiles cleaner than Method Shower Cleaner and lasts much longer.

ETA: I got ours directly from Wet & Forget and had a 10% off code pop up as I left the site the first time. QVC's price is good but adding the £6 postage on both the shower and patio cleaners made W&F's prices much better.

Wet and Forget 5L & 2L Mould, Lichen & Algae Remover
Item Number: 505697
QVC Price £45.00
Today's Special Value Price £34.96
P&P £6.95

Wet & Forget removes mould, lichen and algae from any outside surface easily and without the need for a pressure washer - just dilute with water and apply with a simple garden sprayer, and it will deliver brilliant results while saving an enormous amount of time, effort and water. Formulated with a biodegradable combination of ingredients and no harsh chemicals, you can keep your outdoor surfaces spotless with this wonderfully effective and safe Mould, Lichen & Algae Remover.

Great results, so little effort - there's no need for difficult and potentially damaging pressure washing with this brilliant formula; from greenhouses to tennis courts, marble to paving, the effective remover destroys pesky mould, lichen and algae. Plus each time it rains, a percentage of the ingredients are reactivated, helping to prevent any contaminating spores making a comeback.

You're in good company - with a world-renowned client list including the likes of major theme parks and the infamous Sydney Opera House, this tried, tested and loved formula has certainly made its mark, as well as removed a great many too.

Safe as houses - being almost pH neutral and with no aggressive chemicals like bleach, caustic soda or acid in the formula, once the application has dried it's safe for children and pets to trot around on your surfaces again at their leisure.

A plentiful supply - with a 5L and a 2L provided, you're well stocked with product to keep your outdoor surfaces shining. The two bottles combined will cover an area of up to 420 square metres.

Contains:

1 x Wet & Forget Mould, Lichen & Algae Remover (5L)
1 x Wet & Forget Mould, Lichen & Algae Remover (2L)

Behind the brand

Developed in New Zealand for commercial use over 30 years ago, Wet & Forget has been critiqued and improved every few years to ensure the best results. Having been tried and tested by tens of thousands of happy customers across the globe, this flourishing product really does work wonders.

Use biocides safely. Always read the label and product information before use.

Delivered to UK only

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.505697

I looked at this but there's far too much for my tiny patio (which is green!). It always sells out though so it must work. They would have done better to offer either the large or small size or both but I suppose that would have been too much admin work for different prices. Amazon are selling a similar product called Pro-kleen which is £15.99 and free delivery - it does have a lot of 5 star reviews as well. So I will probably try that although if it doesn't work then I can't send it back, which is where QVC usually win me over but I think over £40 to get this home is quite a lot of money for me.

CC

Latest posts

Back