The EGO has landed - again, and it's not my mate!!!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

merryone

Registered Shopper
You've heard the phrase "you need to get out more" bandied around, but I seriously think that I need to stay in more, 'cause I'm sure I have a better time!!! Please don't get me wrong, I have some lovely friends, family and colleagues and enjoy some lovely nights out and I guess I only come on here and talk about the bad things, but to redress the balance I had some friends round for drinks a couple of weeks ago and we had a great time..but that's all that can be said, but back to the usual lol!

Old friend of mine, she's amazing, I think she's kept in touch with literally everybody she's met along the way. She loves to organise get togethers usually at her house, provides drinks and snacks and makes everybody feel at home. Recently she's moved just out of town and became friendly with a woman who lives nearby. Now a year or so back I posted a thread entitled "Does everybody have someone like this in their lives?" referring to an old school friend who has become extremely self obsessed and egotistical - Now I can honestly say that this is true!

Last night, I came to realise that my old schoolchum's ego has been eclipsed twenty fold by this creature that I was introduced to last night. I don't know how my mate didn't actually scream "SHUTTTTTTT.....UUUUUUUP!" The woman was smiley, friendly and chatty and there were no awkward silences as she didn't stop talking, I thought at first perhaps she's a little nervous as she didn't know the other people very well, but soon she was literally "holding court" as she went through her school sucessess, job sucusses everything from her first Saturday job involved some kind of "running it", or managerial title - She probably "ran" her paper round! Hearts she'd broken and musical theatre/singing jobs she'd been offered, but somehow didn't take. Then came the singing!

My mate who's home we were in likes to play background music on her laptop and usually towards the end of the evening we start singing along after a few drinks of course! No soon as the music started, she started " Have you got"? "Can you add"? "What about"? Yes, my mate was saying I'll add it to the playlist. As soon as a track would come on she started singing loudly, forget anyone else who just wanted to listen, hum along, you were drowned out by this (largely in tune, i'll give her that) warbly, falsetto voice who's notes finished about a minute or so longer than the actual singer. No sooner than a track had finished she piped up " Oh I love....blah di blah, can you play it next, and just for "shits and giggles, what about?" and seriously if a track came on that she didn't seem to know or like she popped upstairs to the toilet, miraculously returning in the fading moments of the track! These constant demands went on solidly for well over an hour, only stopping when another guest turned up, and my friend went to greet them, there was another brief respite as my mate went to cook the pizza and bring the snacks out - it seemed only eating would keep her quiet, but believe me this was short lived and soon she was "holding court" once again! I don't know how long she stayed or whether anyone else managed to get a word in edgeways as I left relatively early as I needed to get a train back home. All I can say is that my mate must have the patience of a saint and that my ego mate has been well and truly trumped!!!

You do seem to have a magnet attached to you for these dreadful folks, glad to hear they are well balanced by the lovely ones in your life!

Latest posts

Back