P&P

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

lynnonthelake

Registered Shopper
Just had an email from QVC America they are changing their S&H from today,
All apparel,Beauty & Jewellery will ship at $3 dollars which is roughly about £2 regardless of price or weight.
All other items are at a lower rate than before,as part of the change they will no longer discount P&P when you buy two or more items in the same order,so I wonder if Q will be making changes here.

i would hope so them being the same company and all.....postage prices on qvc us are pretty high

I doubt that many of us have ever used the discounted P&p as who wants 2 of exactly the same items, unless you are bulk buying a beauty TSV.

will watch with interest. Thanks for the info Lynn

I've noticed the $3 P&P when looked at something on qvc.com but thought that it was an error.

Do we know about the postal/courier system they use over there though? Maybe they have more choice in who they use in the US and services are cheaper generally, whereas over here there is less choice/competition and even high volume contracts such as QVC would have are costly in the UK?

QVC P & P is such an appalling rip off, I try to just add the P & P to the price to get a realistic cost of a product. So many places do free P & P eg Amazon, Ideal World does a capped P & P of £6.99 for 3 items, QVC's P & P of £3.95 to £5.95 per item is shocking. It would be great if they did something similar to QVC USA, I won't hold my breath though.

Today`s tsv is a prime example why I rarely buy from Q. It`s one set of bedding which is over £80 to begin with and they want to charge an extra £7.95 p and p. A few weeks ago I ordered not one but 2 sets of bedding, plus 4 pillows from an online department store and they arrived 48 hours later and with free p and p. It would have cost me a small fortune for p and p to buy the same from Q, in fact around £25 in delivery costs.
Q really needs to look around them at other companies and I know they always trot out the 30 day mbg but by heck people are paying for it.

This bedding TSV may not sell well due to P&P so they may have shot themselves in a foot.

I would prefer to scrap the 30 day MBG for free postage.

If they reduced postage for multiple purchases it wouldn't be so bad but as it is it is so uncompetitive especially if you want to buy 'one in each colour' etc. I will always look to purchase from somewhere with free delivery first like Amazon for instance.

I was watching Qstyle the other night while my insomnia was keeping me awake and they were showing a centigrade coat which was a clearance item and the saving was wait for it £3.69 and DF was saying that the sizing on this was different to other centigrade coats so if you want to make sure to get it in your size why not order 3 one in your normal size and one in each size either side of it so the 3 lots of postage just to get the coats to you would have been over £21.00 who can afford to spend that on postage?
Not me especially when there are so many other both shops online and in the HS that I can chose from.
DF shouting at me about what a bargain I am getting wouldn't convince me I was getting a bargain.

If they got rid of the 30 day MBG, they would go out of business very very quickly. That has always been QVC's big selling point, use the product and send it back if not happy. In the US you can use beauty/cosmetic products and if you dislike return, in the UK and Europe no way unless an allergic reaction.

Thanks for that Lynn :)

Postage and slow delivery times really put me off ordering from Q, If im expected to pay a high postaged, the item should be with you within 2 days, where as with Q unless its a Tsv its at least 4 days for me.

4pm last Tuesday i ordered a full size BM foundation from Ebay , brand new £7.99 including P&P, It arrived mid morning the next day. So not only was the foundation a bargain price they delivered it to me within 24hrs.

In this day and age many companies ( some alot smaller than Q) offer free P&P and next day delivery, Qvc need to get there finger out and start offering this too.

Well I ordered a pair of skis from France and they informed me by email exactly what time delivery would be the next day and sure enough the courier arrived at 12-30 pm which is the time I was given,very impressed as the P&P was free.

I ordered some Josie Maran Concealer on 25 Jan which has not arrived. Apparently a large brown box is used for one stick concealer, surely a jiffy bag would have sufficed and would have arrived with normal post instead of parcel post, who may I add delivered a clothing package at Christmas with the bag torn wide open and contents hanging out, the guy handed it to me then drove off whilst I was stood on the doorstep agog. Needless to say my phone call to the Parcel Force Depot was a waste of time.

Now I have to wait for the usual Q non delivery letter and refund, because my colour has sold out :sad:

The P&P charges are varied and appear somewhat extortionate at times. I ordered 2 items, same item number, but different colours, 2 lots of P&P, why oh why can't they place the items together and send as one parcel instead of 2 separate ones.

Latest posts

Back