Sexual adverts on this website

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loverofquiet

Registered Shopper
For the past couple of weeks when I have gone to this website I have come out of it quickly because some rather menacing looking adverts flashed up first and I was not sure if they were authorised by the people who administer this website.

But today I had a shock when I went to open this page and found a very explicit sex advert with a woman flashing her naked boobs.

Is this authorised for this website or have I got a virus on my computer?

Just to clarify what I said above.... this never happens when I Google any other website so I don't think it a problem on my computer... the adverts only come up when I go to shopping telly QVC

Sorry Loverofquiet I don't get them up on my computer. get some ads but the present one is for Vrooma for loans but never get pop ups.

When I logged onto this forum this morning on the PC rather than tablet I also got a sexual advert!!!! I have been on this forum for a couple of years now and its the first time its happened! I was very shocked to be honest!

It was also the picture of a woman with naked breasts. The website was advertising women for sexual favours!

This has been happening to me for the last week and I use Safari on my iPad.

I was getting them on my iPhone but my son fiddled with the settings and I'm not getting them any more.

It sounds like some form of software. Do you use a free version of security? This is free for a reason; those who use it are, in effect, guinea pigs for the provider, which bombards them with viruses, to test it. Are you using any adware? I have never had this type of ads. Which browser are you using? All these factors can contribute to the kind of ads you are receiving. Hope this helps.

I use Norton for my security!! I haven't googled the QVC shopping telly forum on my PC in ages and it was the PC on which l had this problem. I normally use a quick link from my tablet!

This is happening to me too, and if you check other areas of posting (not QVC) you will find the same complaints. I use an IPad. Graham says it's not anything to do with shopping telly but why does it only happen with this website?

If its happening on iPhones and iPads then its nothing to do with any kind of anti virus or malware. It's something on the site.

Now I'm not technical, but could it be something to do with previous browsing history...now, please don't take this the wrong way, but does anybody else have access to the internet. I've noticed that a great deal of my browsing history appears in the adverts, so I then go into the browser settings, internet options, delete previous browsing history and they tend to disappear.

Graham posted this on another thread

"The advertisements via the Google Links are in no way connected with ShoppingTelly.com, I have contacted Google and also have ordered a full check of the server.

As the links are not in anyway connected to this site please use this Link and add it to your favourites to avoid getting any of the adverts that are coming from Google Search http://forum.shoppingtelly.com/forum"

if you have any further issues please contact Graham via the "contact us" link at bottom of page or by PM.

A quick follow up, over the next few days I have ordered a company to work on the site, it appears that it something that wreaks my rating on Google, so the first search for example "QVC Forum" will give you a betting site or another dubious site, the next search then gives the correct information.

I apologise for the inconvenience but add the link Sazza has give above and you will not have any issues as it will only happen off the back of a Google Search.

Now I have paid a company to deal with the issue it should be resolved in the next few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back