Jewellery Day - so boring.....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

SallyMc

Registered Shopper
I have just looked through the Jewellery Day items.....what a boring bunch of items!!

Even the BCC Jackie Kennedy ugly "scarecrow" (I know its not really) brooch is showing again.....how many years have they been trying to flog that???? :mysmilie_13:

I remember when I used to watch all day and look forward to OTO's.

My jewellery cabinet is stuffed with bargains I have picked up over the years, both "fine" and costume........Jewellery Day used to always mean 3 or 4 purchases for me.

Today???? Not a single thing shown that I would want to wear.....

Is it just that I have changed so much??? Or has QVC really changed???

the price of gold has changed the value and quality of jewellery. luckily i bought years ago.

Totally agree. The price of gold rocketing literally killed Q's jewellery shows, and I also would sit for hours watching the gemfests - blueberry quartz, aquamarine, peridot, the various colour sapphires, amethysts, the list was endless with bracelets, rings and pendants.

I too have a lot of 9ct gold which I bought (in most cases under £150) in the early years. I have a super decent colour aquamarine surrounded by diamonds, ring, which I bought for £128 around 2005, saw a similar one in the local jewellers for almost £700 ! not that I would part with it of course, but it shows there were bargains to be had years ago - if only we knew it at the time !!!

Totally agree. The price of gold rocketing literally killed Q's jewellery shows, and I also would sit for hours watching the gemfests - blueberry quartz, aquamarine, peridot, the various colour sapphires, amethysts, the list was endless with bracelets, rings and pendants.

I too have a lot of 9ct gold which I bought (in most cases under £150) in the early years. I have a super decent colour aquamarine surrounded by diamonds, ring, which I bought for £128 around 2005, saw a similar one in the local jewellers for almost £700 ! not that I would part with it of course, but it shows there were bargains to be had years ago - if only we knew it at the time !!!

My first QVC purchase was an opal and diamond cluster in 9ct yellow gold for £39.00 TSV price, couldn't get a tiny opal and silver ring for that now. What amazes me is the difference in gold and silver prices when you exclude the gem. I know gold prices are higher than they used to be but for a few grams why the extortionate hyke in prices?

I'm a huge fan of silver jewellery and semi precious stones. The gold prices don't explain the lack of those pieces on La Q these days. I know silver went up but its still affordable. We used to have whole shows of silver jewellery with sandstone for example. Catwalk Opaques was another range I really liked.

Haven't really looked at what's on offer for jewellery day but I will watch when I can. Like others here though I have built up a lovely selection over the years from La Q and other places so my buying habits have slowed down. A bit.

And ... shock horror!! ... I have never lost the joy of strolling round actual literal jewellery shops on my high street.

QVC probably uses the excuse the petrol companies use; that they bought the jewellery at the higher gold prices!

I see a J Kennedy SCARF in the jewellery day showings.

Now I like a scarf but when the stuff did it ever become a piece of jewellery and especially from a defunked range.

Jewellery Day was almost certainly gold (some silver) with gems, but now it will be the likes of Bibi Bijoux, Lola Rose, and other vendors of costume jewellery with unpronounceable names (well for me anyway) - oh and probably a lot of 'eeek to ! My money is safe, there are only so many 'beads' you can have.

Now I luvvvvv my jewelly, and over the years have bought loads from Q but not only am I bored with the dismal offerings but I can't even be bothered to watch the shows anymore whereas I would be glued to the screen and had been known to that annual leave to coincide with particular show.

Now I wouldn't even go to the bottom of the street for their offerings.

As predicted, jewellery day is one big yawn.......... turquoise that looks like plastic, Andrea McLean hoping to tap the Valentine market with all the cheap looking hearts, Gold fever with tinny bits of gold, Lola Rose with low stock of tsv (predictable), Butler & Wilson with the dregs of whats left.

A need to get back to the drawing board I think.

I remember buying a 9ct white gold bracelet for around £60 and its a good weight too. Apatite and diamonds 9ct gold solid band again £60. Quite a bit of 14ct white gold diamonique and under £40, still wear the rings I don't mind silver have a number of bracelets bought cheaply from QVC in the old days, still wear them.

The Silver shows with no actual silver jewellery is the norm now.

I haven't really been watching but what I have seen have only been tempted a couple of times but not enough to order.I like my LR pieces but prefer the larger ones so was not at all interested in the TSV, will dip in & out this evening--- Links of London @ the moment now IMO this is the most overpriced ranges ever & that guest talking about L of L as if they are sooooooo very special.

I've been tempted by three pieces today... a love diamonique by andrea mclean ring, a lola rose bracelet (not the TSV) and a bibi bijoux bracelet

Lordy but that LOL woman has got to be the most annoying person on Q.

Team her with Del Boy and it is definately a show to mute.

Latest posts

Back