Acer 15.6". 1TB HDD, Windows 8.1 Laptop TSV 15/02/15

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I am on the market for a laptop and loving the 1TB storage. It better be on easy pay! I use my ipad for most things but would love this as my mothership!

I agree with Ian. Do some research. Apart from the first Acer laptop (£600), every other laptop/tablet has gone back. I do work in technology so should, consequently, know better.

If you look at the blog and the model number then Google it, it says 500 but I would love to be wrong because my son wants me to replace his with the tsv as the money us still sitting there . Thanks SCW as I wouldn't even have tuned in!

If you look at the blog and the model number then Google it, it says 500 but I would love to be wrong because my son wants me to replace his with the tsv as the money us still sitting there . Thanks SCW as I wouldn't even have tuned in!

its proberbly a Q special as Q sometimes do tweek the spec a bit to make it exclusive to them

Acer ES1-512 15.6" Laptop w/ Intel Dual Core Processor, 4GB Ram & 1TB HDD
Item Number: 505933
QVC Price £312.00
Today's Special Value Price £259.96
P&P £9.95

This proficient device encompasses all of the qualities you need from a laptop; it's a great choice for entertainment thanks to the crystal-clear and generously sized 15.6" LED screen, and will function speedily courtesy of an Intel Celeron dual-core processor and 4GB of RAM. Whether you wish to multi-task between emails and music, watch films, or simply shop online, the Acer ES1-512 performs well all-round, perfectly fitting the bill for all your day-to-day computing needs.

More space for you - with a huge 1TB of hard drive storage, there's plenty of room for all of your files, documents and media; meaning you can store all you need on your laptop without fear of compromising performance.

Efficient performance - the faster Intel Celeron dual-core processor combined with 4GB of RAM offers the perfect balance between everyday performance and efficiency, delivering an unhindered computing experience.

That's entertainment - the Cinecrystal backlit LED display is complemented by a DVD reader and writer - something which not all new entry laptops currently have - plus a HDMI port which allows you to connect your laptop to a TV or projector.

Enjoy Windows 8.1 - this operating system is extremely intuitive, allowing the user to personalise their desktop with favourite apps and sites, with a Start screen featuring tiles which are updated in real time.

Stay Safe Online - We've included a one year one device subscription to McAfee LiveSafe software to safeguard your Acer ES1-512 from viruses and online threats

What's in the box?

Acer ES1-512 laptop
1 x AC power adapter
1 x 3-cell Li-ion polymer battery
1 x set-up guide

Added value:

McAfee Live Safe (1 year / 1 Device) - anti-viral software for your Acer ES1-512

Simply register your laptop with the serial number of the device and proof of purchase within 30 days on the Acer promotional site eu-deals.acer.com to be issued with the necessary activation code for the software. Please see attached PDF for more details

Technical specifications:

Display: Acer Cinecrystal 15.6" backlit LED
Operating system: Windows 8.1 with Bing (64-bit)
Resolution: 1366 x 768
Processor: Intel Celeron N2840 dual-core processor
Memory: 4GB RAM DDR3L SDRAM
Hard drive capacity: 1TB
Graphics: Intel HD
Webcam: integrated Acer Crystal Eye 0.3MP
Optical drive type: DVD RW-Super Multi DL Drive
Microphone
Multi-gesture touchpad
Full size keyboard with numeric keypad
Wireless connectivity: Wi-Fi IEEE 802.11b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0
Battery: rechargeable 3-cell Lithium-ion battery
Battery life: 3.5 hours
Software: Microsoft Office trial
Weight: 2.4kg
Laptop: (l x w x d): 25.8cm x 38.2cm x 2.7cm (10.2" x 15" x 1.1")

Input/ output:

2 x USB 2.0
1 x USB 3.0
1 x HDMI
1 x SD card reader
1 x 3.5mm headphone jack

Behind the brand
Since its founding in 1976, Acer has been breaking down boundaries between people and technology, providing brilliant devices at every price range. Striving to design environmentally friendly products at a high quality you can always rely on, Acer continue to be a much-loved computing brand for good reason.

Direct despatch: please allow 7-10 working days for delivery to mainland UK and Northern Ireland

All measurements are approximate

easy pay from 12am

This is £259 @ tesco.com, free postage, and 259 clubcard points. EP doesn't matter to me; the option to try it first, with the option to return would swing it in favour of the Q. But this is more evidence, that prices @ the Q, are not the best you can find, as they like to tell us. I have only seen a couple of presentations of the tsv - I returned two acer tsv the tablet and laptop, so won't be interested in this - but I haven't heard them enthuse over the great value! Probably because it isn't.

I have had to return the last 2 Acer products I have brought from Q a lap top that had so much Mall ware (according to my computer literate son) it was unusable and a tablet that after 3 months I just couldn't get to charge. So I had to send it back with all of my personal details still on it which made me very uneasy but I just couldn't afford to write off the £££ it cost.

Latest posts

Back