Peter Simon in the Cashmere & Silk duvet hour

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

T

thatu

Guest Shopper
Did anyone else try to watch this? It was embarrassing viewing - there were such long pauses when he's trying to be either funny or say something relevant that in the end we switched over to something else. The guest could hardly get a word in - at one stage she said, "Well, back to the duvet" or something because he was rabbiting on slowly and with pauses about how wonderful it was, and we had no idea of how thick or thin it was or about the construction after half an hour, because of him gushing on. And on. He seems quite a nice personality but he'll need to up the act if he's going to keep viewers.

I take it your joking PS to up his act,whats left of IWs viewers will vanish quickly.:mysmilie_19:

This guy is one pain in the arse big time I just turn him off EVEN IF JANICE IS ON WITH HIM.
That slow wining voice.

He's just been shouting for fifty five minutes, screaming about how amazing the Sit n Cycle is, at five to nine he sits down in a slow, patronising voice as if he's softly telling us to buy, just buy it blah blah blah, but he finished too early, thirty second pause.........then says it all over again. Oh the mans a complete idiot, you can take the man out of Bid, but you cant take Bid out the fool......I mean man.

He's just been shouting for fifty five minutes, screaming about how amazing the Sit n Cycle is, at five to nine he sits down in a slow, patronising voice as if he's softly telling us to buy, just buy it blah blah blah, but he finished too early, thirty second pause.........then says it all over again. Oh the mans a complete idiot, you can take the man out of Bid, but you cant take Bid out the fool......I mean man.

He's a bit rubbish at the end of a show isn't he? He either finishes early or too late and they cut him off :giggle: The odd time he gets it bang on, what a pro.

BTW has any presenter mounted this bike on air, or got off for that matter? All I've ever seen is all of them already sitting on it. Thinking about it, I think I did see Loen get off and move hers once but then cut to a clip of that woman doing her knitting on one and when it came back, she was sitting on it again. How uncomfortable must it be to knit on the thing with your ball of wool under your arm?

This guy is one pain in the arse big time I just turn him off EVEN IF JANICE IS ON WITH HIM.
That slow wining voice.

Totally agree I normally watch Janice but if he is on then we switch over especially as hubby won't tolerate him.

WARNING

Wednesday 18th March 6pm

Nativity Stones Jewellery
Presented by Peter Simon

A beautiful and meaningful collection of jewellery, each holding a piece of Nativity Stone from the place where Jesus was said to have been born.

If you weren't going out, I'd recommend you do. If you decide to tune in, do so at your peril, this is Pope Peter's glory hour.

Cheesetastic :mysmilie_14:

WARNING

Wednesday 18th March 6pm

Presented by Peter Simon

A beautiful and meaningful collection of jewellery, each holding a piece of Nativity Stone from the place where Jesus was said to have been born.

If you weren't going out, I'd recommend you do. If you decide to tune in, do so at your peril, this is Pope Peter's glory hour.

Oh god I can imagine it already: the hushed, reverential tones, the slightly wet-eyed delivery, then the screaming about 10% of the stock has gone... This could be Dirty Peter at his unwatchable, unmissable best/worst.

Mommabear, Thanks for the heads-up - I'm still laughing at your post... CAN....NOT......WAIT FOR IT! They couldn't have picked a better man, unless it was that Human Being of Utter Perfection (yes, Howard, we mean YOU!). Just imagine the simpering, the slurred words, the quiet tone of voice, the mispronunciations...Pope Peter will be in his element (unfortunately, everyone else will be laughing themselves silly).
WARNING

Wednesday 18th March 6pm

Presented by Peter Simon

Putting in a fine, sincere, performance, honestly, why the BBC are not trying to sign him up is beyond me

'This is a voice in a wilderness, this is a stone in a resin' :giggle:

'In the early hours of an evening........this is your voice, your touch, when no one else will listen........when all around does not listen and friends are not around, tears in eyes, it is said, some may dry, when you're weary and alone. This stone, with comfirmation, was there before, in the beginning, at the birth of a child............The item number is........'

'.....a gift in the darkness, something I have kept from my Christening and I touch it when I think darkness will consume me, the world is against me......I sit touching it in the kitchen :wonder:..........we are running low on this, almost 30% gone.'

Good golly Miss Molly :mysmilie_13: what a banker

Did he just say 'I hope she's looking down saying you did me proud son?'

His mother is still alive!

The wily old buzzard is utterly shameless. What a bizarre hour that was...the endless stream of sanctimonious twaddle, jarring so badly with the hard-sell patter shoe-horned in at the most inappropriate moments !

Lol. I've started another thread for this (well, he's Pope Pete, he deserves it) but did you notice him repeating lines from "Bridge Over Troubled Water"? Is there a copyright issue here? This bloke needs putting out of his misery, how do they let him lose on TV? I think someone told him to speed it up a bit, as he noticeably got quicker in his presentation about half way through, but before then it was like "the sound of silence" - to quote Simon & Garfunkel again. They could drag someone off the streets, with no previous TV or presenting experience, and they would do a better job. I'm sure many people who are unemployed would just love the chance, while that old ......is badly prepared, smug and sanctimonious, and can't get his facts right to save his life.
Putting in a fine, sincere, performance, honestly, why the BBC are not trying to sign him up is beyond me

'This is a voice in a wilderness, this is a stone in a resin' :giggle:

'In the early hours of an evening........this is your voice, your touch, when no one else will listen........when all around does not listen and friends are not around, tears in eyes, it is said, some may dry, when you're weary and alone. This stone, with comfirmation, was there before, in the beginning, at the birth of a child............The item number is........'

'.....a gift in the darkness, something I have kept from my Christening and I touch it when I think darkness will consume me, the world is against me......I sit touching it in the kitchen :wonder:..........we are running low on this, almost 30% gone.'

Good golly Miss Molly :mysmilie_13: what a banker

Latest posts

Back