Buying Plants and Today's Gardening Shows

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

candycane

Registered Shopper
OK so I'm a bit sad, but I have been watching the gardening shows today and comparing like for like with my Jersey Plants Direct catalogue. You can get more or less the same plants for 3 or 4 pounds less and free P&P from Jersey Plants. Often JP are offering double the amount of plants for the same price as well. All free P&P no matter what you buy.

I have used JP often and the plants are very good quality and their customer services are very good if you have a problem with anything. Worth having a look before you splash out on QVC plants, which to be fair are usually very good as well but you have to pay 3 or 4 pounds for EACH item to have it sent. JP are taking advanced orders but you do have to pay up front, unlike QVC.

CC

i dont buy bedding from qvc they are soooooo overpriced. i do buy some from thompson and norgan but i will try the jp direct and see how i go

How do the plants arrive from this company? Ive ordered the Apricot shades on Advanced ordered from Q but Jersey plant have something similar cheaper, I ordered from T&M last year and ill never use them again , the customer service is disgraceful.

Last year they came in trays with a lid on and they were all OK. None were dry or dead. I had several different types of begonia and they all grew, however, none were as big and fancy as the ones I bought from De Jager. I have had the JP strawberries this year which arrived in a bag of mud, however, I have planted them up and they are all growing well. They have a huge choice of plants and lots of offers as well. Highly recommended.

CC

Has anyone got a list of plants that Chickens wont eat?
So far they have decimated my front garden, I now have a mud patch where the lawn used to be but at least I don't have to mow it!
But I have tried lots of different plants over the last couple of years and almost none have withstood the chicken test.
Roses do well but they thought my lilly's and any bedding plants have been planted especially for them and the poor things never stood a chance.

Latest posts

Back