Beware fake Yankee candles

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Vienna

Registered Shopper
I`ll put this here because not everybody can access the drop. It was in our local free paper yesterday that a local fancy goods shop had been visited by Trading Standards and were found to have been selling fake Yankee Candles, large jar ones, amongst other fake items too. The report said items of clothing, toys, candles and purses were removed.
I was actually in this shop a couple of weeks ago and noticed the Yankee candles and the "offer" price and must admit they didn`t half look like the real thing. They had a huge display of them in many of the Yankee fragrances and the jars and labels were identical and didn`t make me feel they were anything but the real thing. I didn`t buy any and didn`t sniff any so I`ve no idea if the fragrances are true or not and would have given them away. So be aware of buying them from Ebay or local stores where the prices seem too good to be true because they probably are too good to be true.
The report said TS had concerns about the safety of the glass jars and the wax and also safety concerns about the toys. I don`t buy Yankee jars, only the melts but I know a lot of people do, so I thought I`d give a heads up.

I'm very happy with the melt I buy from The eBay seller I've been using for the past couple of years
Prices are as competive as qvcs but without the ridiculous P&P
I have bought the jar candles elsewhere in the past and have been a bit suspicious about the quality of the wax because of shooting and smoke.

Latest posts

Back