Gems TV - Good Customer Service & deserves praise

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

historymystery

Registered Shopper
I had a moan recently about problems with Gems TV's website when trying to make a purchase. I also wrote to Gems to complain, and feel I should now say that this morning I received an e-mail from them, telling me that they are refunding a sum of money to my credit card, to make up for a discount voucher I was unable to use because of said problems.

All credit to Gems, they have absolutely done the right thing, and quickly, with no arguments or prevarication, as well. AND the money hasn't been credited to my Gems account, it's being refunded to my credit card - can't say fairer than that! I think this is an example of a Company doing the right thing, and thought it should be acknowledged. Thanks, Gems.:mysmilie_47:

I've found that if you phone them about your order, they will tell you a completely different story from what they tell you by email. That said, they've always managed to sort it in the end, even when they don't seem to know what they're doing!

Last edited:
have to say they were terrible with my complaint, i bought a diamond ring via rocks it was £150 cheaper than the normal price but the basket price wasn't as low as it should have been,
i changed the currency to dollars and they cancelled the order because i had checked out in the wrong currency they then had the nerve to offer me at the full price in GBP. Complained and complained but got nowhere in the end i gave up and now very rarely buy from them out of principle.

:mysmilie_14: ruth, sorry to hear your experience with Gems was not a positive one. I agree with you that an experience like this puts you off. You have to speak as you find, and although I'd had a few grumbles with them prior to the recent one that I wrote about above, they always sorted things out in the end, even if it took a little while, and I've never been out of pocket over anything. For example, if I've asked them why p & p wasn't refunded, they've come back to me and I've eventually been credited with it. I do think on the whole the Bennett family run a good and ethical company, but having said that there's always the exception, and you were absolutely right to complain. I'm surprised that if it wasn't your fault they didn't offer to make good - although I must admit I've only bought from Gems, never from The Lounge or from Rocks. I think a lot depends on who you speak to/email at Gems - Lorraine in Customer Services is very good, but it may be that different people deal with Rocks purchases(?).
have to say they were terrible with my complaint, i bought a diamond ring via rocks it was £150 cheaper than the normal price but the basket price wasn't as low as it should have been,
i changed the currency to dollars and they cancelled the order because i had checked out in the wrong currency they then had the nerve to offer me at the full price in GBP. Complained and complained but got nowhere in the end i gave up and now very rarely buy from them out of principle.

Latest posts

Back