Vax customer service

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

madmax

Registered Shopper
I brought a Vax vacum back in 2011 and registered it on line,with my phone number.
Today I had to call them as the hose has split so affecting the suction.
I DID have to wait 10 mins for my call to be answered but it was a free phone number, but once it was answered the lady knew my name and only wanted my address to verify who I was. Unlike Q who need to know your life history before they can deal with why you have called them.
Not only that but I now have a new hose and a new bin in the post arriving either Thursday or Friday, no third degree on how the damage happened.
So they now have one very happy customer,who won't hesitate to recommend Vax to others.
Customer service like this puts Q's offering to shame.

Vax have excellent customer service. Last year, the hose came away from the push in clip on the back of my Vax which was about 2 or 3 years old. No problems, the lady I spoke to apologised and said they were aware some of the hoses had this problem, they had now improved them and a brand new hose was put in the post for me and delivered within a few days.

That's good to know Madmax, thank you.

I wish more companies would realise the value in after sales Customer Service.
My first Laptop was a Dell one. Anyway, I had to ring Dells Customer Service for one reason or another (can't quite remember), and it was terrible.
So consequently, I have never bought another Dell product since.

Weirdly though, we all seem to forgive QVC time and time again on this forum. I wonder why that is?

I brought a Vax vacum back in 2011 and registered it on line,with my phone number.
Today I had to call them as the hose has split so affecting the suction.
I DID have to wait 10 mins for my call to be answered but it was a free phone number, but once it was answered the lady knew my name and only wanted my address to verify who I was. Unlike Q who need to know your life history before they can deal with why you have called them.
Not only that but I now have a new hose and a new bin in the post arriving either Thursday or Friday, no third degree on how the damage happened.
So they now have one very happy customer,who won't hesitate to recommend Vax to others.
Customer service like this puts Q's offering to shame.

I'm amazed and impressed that they would replace anything from 4 years ago - did it have a long warranty and/\or did you pay extra for a longer warranty? Or did you just try your luck as it were?
The vax I once owned was so bad I just gave up on it (it was cheap)!

Last edited:
I've just checked my order date, it was September 2011. There was a 6 year warranty, great vacuum cleaner.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B003MPA5GY/?tag=shoppingcom03-21

Snap it did come with a 6 year warranty and it was watching the Vax demonstration on Q that reminded of the warranty so I had nothing to lose by ringing them.
Mine is a different model was on special offer when I brought it so it cost me well under £150.00 , and with 3 dogs and 2 cats it really does get a good work out when I get round to vacuming.

Latest posts

Back