How on earth is Ideal World still going?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

backstreetgirl

Registered Shopper
I don't normally post on here as I only flick over to Ideal World if there's nothing interesting on QVC, but what on earth? How are they still on air? The presenters are (mostly) annoying & loud, unless you listen to Peter whatshisname, where he can send you to sleep in under 5 minutes, they've hardly anything to sell: ceramic pans, refurbished phones, vibrapower, dodgy fashion, ceramic pans, refurbished phones, vibrapower, dodgy fashions.....I really don't understand how they are still going.

As for Peter thingummybob, I watched him on the Thomas Kincade hour and I had to record it and show it to my daughter as he was so cringeworthy, let alone getting the words wrong when he read out the quotes by Thomas Kincade. What a strange man he is. Why did he mispronounce so many words?

Oh and then there is jumped up Howard, who is so annoying and smug and full of himself.....

I am stumped as to why this programme hasn't been dragged off air by now.

not only do you make a good point, but the way you incorporate the literature of nature in your typing is not only exciting and vibrant but also brilliance of wit and not only original in its merit but beyond the comprehension of mere mortals.

just buy it!!!!!

not only is he mental, not only is he shrewd, not only does he wear the finest of the ties and the shortest of the shorts.

and at that kind of buy.... just buy it.

Not only do I genuinely miss debbie shore.

When they run out of money or investors money, then It will disappear in a puff of smoke like Bid.tv

Oh darn it, Backstreetgirl, don't tell me I missed "Our Peter" in a Thomas Kinkade hour? Not only is it worth missing your tea for, not only is it worth staying in for, not only do I forego the other channels for it, but I keep hoping that Our Bet will make a guest appearance! I find Ideal World hilarious, as they only sell about 5 different lines, you can play a game of not looking at the schedules but guessing what will be on there when you switch on. I was living in hope of seeing Moira C with Pope Peter Simon - now that would have been worth tuning in for - but so far this idealised and consequential experience of the heavenly light and beauty of the night skies at dawn's early midday light has not been granted to me......Good grief, I sound just like him.......more tablets, Nurse, quick!! As for Howard, well nobody loves Howard as much as Howard does.....unfortunately, nobody else does...
I don't normally post on here as I only flick over to Ideal World if there's nothing interesting on QVC, but what on earth? How are they still on air? The presenters are (mostly) annoying & loud, unless you listen to Peter whatshisname, where he can send you to sleep in under 5 minutes, they've hardly anything to sell: ceramic pans, refurbished phones, vibrapower, dodgy fashion, ceramic pans, refurbished phones, vibrapower, dodgy fashions.....I really don't understand how they are still going.

As for Peter thingummybob, I watched him on the Thomas Kincade hour and I had to record it and show it to my daughter as he was so cringeworthy, let alone getting the words wrong when he read out the quotes by Thomas Kincade. What a strange man he is. Why did he mispronounce so many words?

Oh and then there is jumped up Howard, who is so annoying and smug and full of himself.....

I am stumped as to why this programme hasn't been dragged off air by now.

Last edited:
Would love to have seen our Pete present the weird poloponcho or whatever it is funny hat/scarf combo that's just been on. Would have been hilarious.

Have I missed something IW is it being put into administration ? What about create and craft will they still be carrying on ? No wonder Andy love also left. Shopping channels are slowly dying out because of the web and not delivering what people want, and just selling fitness and jewellery products.

C&C are doing fine. Debbie is on a lot with her sewing stuff and looks great. They have just launched the US C&C which as well as US presenters has Martyn, Dean, Andy, Nigel, Dave and Steph as presenters.

Have I missed something IW is it being put into administration ? What about create and craft will they still be carrying on ? No wonder Andy love also left. Shopping channels are slowly dying out because of the web and not delivering what people want, and just selling fitness and jewellery products.

You might want to check on things a bit before posting! Ideal World/Create and Craft aren't in administration and Andy Love hasn't left. Don't know why you thought either?

The Pig of the day variety truly is amazing !!! since Saturday 7th they have offered 3 Keep fit / gym (vibrapower, mini multi gym and the Sit cycle), 2 Bissell and a Garden, Craft and Bedding potd, Its so bad I'm wishing a stand alone Karcher Window vac potd just to relieve the feckin' boredom.

Surely only a matter of time before the fat lady sings !!

It has been a long time since I posted about Ideal World, mainly because I no longer watch it. Reading all of the threads over the last few months, it saddens me that this once great Shopping Channel is loosing its way. I just wonder what the sadly missed Steve "Whatters" Whattley would think if he knew how low this channel has sunk. Only my opinion, but when Steve, Paul, Debbie and Shaun first came on to our screens, it was a joy to watch. Would watch it every day back then. I still have loads of items that I bought from IW in the early days, mainly from Steve!

Latest posts

Back