Peter Simon & The Nativity Stone Hour

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

historymystery

Registered Shopper
:mysmilie_13:Oh dear me, is it obvious that they haven't got enough stock to fill the hour? Anyone noticed him repeating lines from "Bridge Over Troubled Water"? He's been using lines from that song all the way through - he is such a fraud, he's not got an original thought in his head. And I roared with laughter when the camera cut back to him suddenly, and he rushed to hide the sheet he was reading from! He keeps talking about "ether" - think he means Easter and personally, if I had some ether available, I'd use it to put him out of his misery.

And what stock it is he's selling! Cheapo-looking gold and silver crosses + chains with PLATING, PETER, PLATING, PLATING, (he claimed at the beginning "it's 18ct gold", but I think someone must have had a word in his earpiece, as he is now saying silver plated and gold plated). "It is the gift of faith, of acknowledgement", "this is not only to love and to indite(what?), this is not only a voice in the dark of a child wrapped in swaddling clothes", "it is a request of light, of glory". "It is the impossible moment, when no one-else is around you, to have something to say, the soul, the ray of light, it is the beginning". "It is the dome of the basilica of the heart" "it is the heart of amazing grace". (oh no, please don't let him start singing "Amazing Grace" - have pity...). He's saying "it's £17.50 and it's on easypay" - no it isn't £17.50, Pope Pete, its price is £34.99 ....get yer facts right for once...

Someone put him out of his misery......the dreadful long pauses, the hushed tones, the constant mumbling complete and utter tripe that falls from his lips (and his grasp of history 'ain't too good either, because much of what he's said is totally inaccurate historically). BUT : "it's the light of the new day"...(more likely the light of someone's ciggi which they've just lit up to calm their nerves..)

Last edited:
I was out and missed this presentation by Pope Peter. Historymystery - can I say that your description of his presentation made me roar with laughter at 7.15am which is quite a rare thing for me these days! I think the Worry Angels will be next!

Muttley, shame on you for daring to go out when Pope Peter is on! How can you live with yourself - do penance immediately! Watching Pope Peter for the next 10 - no, make it 20 - times that he's on spouting tripe should teach you the error of your ways. You WERE OUT!!!!!!! I still find it hard to believe, got to go now and lay down in a darkened room...........REPENT!!!
I was out and missed this presentation by Pope Peter. Historymystery - can I say that your description of his presentation made me roar with laughter at 7.15am which is quite a rare thing for me these days! I think the Worry Angels will be next!

It was absolutely shameless, wasn't it. The invocation of the dead mother who isn't dead was a particular low point, I felt. And even if she were dead, I certainly don't think she'd be 'looking down thinking "you did me proud son"'. The rest of it was incoherent rambling, with simple basic words being pronounced wrongly, other words just made up all wrapped up in a word-salad stream of consciousness. I really do wonder if he has mental health problems after watching this.

It was absolutely shameless, wasn't it. The invocation of the dead mother who isn't dead was a particular low point, I felt. And even if she were dead, I certainly don't think she'd be 'looking down thinking "you did me proud son"'. The rest of it was incoherent rambling, with simple basic words being pronounced wrongly, other words just made up all wrapped up in a word-salad stream of consciousness. I really do wonder if he has mental health problems after watching this.

If he were my son I'd be highly embarassed!!

Muttley, shame on you for daring to go out when Pope Peter is on! How can you live with yourself - do penance immediately! Watching Pope Peter for the next 10 - no, make it 20 - times that he's on spouting tripe should teach you the error of your ways. You WERE OUT!!!!!!! I still find it hard to believe, got to go now and lay down in a darkened room...........REPENT!!!

I am humbled and very apologetic! I have started my punishment by switching over in the adverts of The Chase on ITV. Pope Peter is on selling tanning lotion and talking about the light of the day and other such nonsence. Will continue my punishment in the next adverts! Oh and by the way he claimed to have worked with three of the biggest tanning brands but he was not allowed to name them. Whatever...

I am humbled and very apologetic! I have started my punishment by switching over in the adverts of The Chase on ITV. Pope Peter is on selling tanning lotion and talking about the light of the day and other such nonsence. Will continue my punishment in the next adverts! Oh and by the way he claimed to have worked with three of the biggest tanning brands but he was not allowed to name them. Whatever...

I'll have a guess...........he's been working with tanning products for nigh on two decades and this is the best he's ever seen

Craftalot, thanks, you've cleared up a part of the whole shambles where he lost me completely (not difficult, I have to say). I caught "you did me proud, son", but the penny didn't drop with me that he was talking about his own (still living) mother! Silly me thought he was rambling (quoting?) something someone else had told him - perhaps Our Bet? Oh, joking aside, that's appalling if he was talking about his Mum as if she were dead...

"Of course you worked with 3 of the biggest tanning brands, Pope Pete, of course you did"............Doctor, sedative, quick!!

Craftalot, Re: your last sentence, I wondered the same. You'd think if his behaviour was equally bizarre off-screen, Ideal World would be concerned about him (and the implications for them if anything drastic happened on 'live' TV), so I tend to think it is part of his so-called "act", unfunny and embarrassing as it is. If this is the case, he can have no self-awareness or pride whatsoever. Truly a dreadful exhibition.

Craftalot, Re: your last sentence, I wondered the same. You'd think if his behaviour was equally bizarre off-screen, Ideal World would be concerned about him (and the implications for them if anything drastic happened on 'live' TV), so I tend to think it is part of his so-called "act", unfunny and embarrassing as it is. If this is the case, he can have no self-awareness or pride whatsoever. Truly a dreadful exhibition.

I believe he knows exactly what he is doing/saying and has a ****** good laugh at his antics off camera. However that is my personal opinion. He's now on the Vibrapower shouting...

I believe he knows exactly what he is doing/saying and has a ****** good laugh at his antics off camera. However that is my personal opinion. He's now on the Vibrapower shouting...

I agree with you both - perhaps its a hangover from his presenting days on children's TV - the maniacal style which he deliberately chooses because he thinks, for some bizarre reason, people will 'warm to'. I read on Wikipedia that his house, in which he has lived for 30+ years, was compulsorily purchases for HS2 - maybe he'll start including some of the rubble in a 'Saint Simon Stones of HS2' special edition pendant.

Craftalot, Love the post! "Not only cement, not only red brick, not only plasterboard.......they are the light of the heavens in the day of the morning, they are the essence of the bulldozer knocking down my house, they are the smell of the skip containing the rubble of my kitchen, the scent of Bet's face cream at midnight...just buy it!"
I agree with you both - perhaps its a hangover from his presenting days on children's TV - the maniacal style which he deliberately chooses because he thinks, for some bizarre reason, people will 'warm to'. I read on Wikipedia that his house, in which he has lived for 30+ years, was compulsorily purchases for HS2 - maybe he'll start including some of the rubble in a 'Saint Simon Stones of HS2' special edition pendant.

cant agree its all an act i am sure he will behave in a similar way offstage not as manic he has that kind of personality .

Latest posts

Back