Easy fill hanging baskets

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

TopazTrish

Registered Shopper
Hi to all, I suppose someone on here will be able to tell me if I'm mistaken or not. Did these baskets used to have two rows of holes with gates as well as being able to plant in the top? I seem to remember them saying on tv that you would need 20 plants or more to fill a couple of baskets and to get the "ball" effect when growing. I also remember someone on here commenting that the 14inch ones when full were quite heavy so not to hang them on flimsy hooks or the weight could bring them down? I notice now they only have one row of planting holes and don't make such a fuss about how quickly they can be planted up or use the circular, moveable thingamybob they used to. It may be a cost cutting exercise or just that too many plants made them too heavy? The price is much the same and they are available in lots of different places now at similar cost (apart from p&p of course) so maybe just not as popular as they were. Also QVC selling almost identical item too.
Also, whatever happened to the guy selling Black Magic Paint, that seems to have disappeared too?

They do a 12" which have one row of holes and unless it's changed the 14" have 2 rows or at least the ones I have do. The 14" they are showing on their website all show 2 rows of holes so I am assuming the ones you seen were 12" I don't like the look of the ones QVC sell as I think they look like they could damage the plants.

That woman on qvc that was showing them was strangling the plant necks to get them in

Well I am very happy about receiving mine last year ...can't wait to use them ..lol wish I was being sarcastic but I really cannot ...and yes I do need to get out more :mysmilie_17: Discovered gardening last year and how therapeutic it is for mind and body :mysmilie_59:

I bought some on ebay last year, they were heavy when planted up, and only used for cherry type toms.

I had mine last year, I had 3 hanging at the back, 1 at the front and 2 on the pedestals and have to say they looked fantastic once they filled out.

Latest posts

Back