I'm going to scream!!!!!!!!!!1

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

B

Beady Belle

Guest Shopper
What a totally frustrating evening. Firstly, I couldn't get any catalogue pictures up, except if I enlarged the image, then when I logged in, everything kept freezing, and the connection kept getting timed out, so I gave up and left it.

I tried logging off and back on again, several times, F5'd till my finger ached, so walked away before I picked up the computer and threw it out of the window.

I logged back in again just before 9.30pm, and it seemed OK for about 5 minutes, then it all started again.

I've run a diagnostic, and it's telling me the problems is not at my end, so I've had a cheap night, couldn't buy, couldn't watch, couldn't chat, NADA!!!

RESULT as far a OH is concerned, but very disappointing and extremely aggravating.

:doggie:

What can I say M4G, other than I empathise completely. I managed to bag a single item, which I am not even bothering to try and check out yet. Auctions were pulled very swiftly if no-one bid more or less immediately, the chat was a joke, and the 'live streaming', such as it was, beggars belief. You would think they would have learned lessons from all that expensive beta testing of the original system, but apparently not. 'Fraid they will have to smarten up before I return.

Mad if you normally use IE have you tried Firefox or vice versa, usually works for me if I can't get on properly.

I agree that the items were pulled a bit quickly but I think we are still getting bargains and must put up with it until they iron out the gremlins if we wish to keep getting those bargains. I didn't like the way some people used the chat to whinge incessantly, if it's that bad they should find something else to do and stop spoiling it for the rest of us.

Hi M4g I haven't had much problem today except at the very end where the time lag was 10 secs and missed out on few items. I have added a few pieces today and the order is slowly growing...................:53: The chat did go off for a while.

Mad if you normally use IE have you tried Firefox or vice versa, usually works for me if I can't get on properly.

I agree that the items were pulled a bit quickly but I think we are still getting bargains and must put up with it until they iron out the gremlins if we wish to keep getting those bargains. I didn't like the way some people used the chat to whinge incessantly, if it's that bad they should find something else to do and stop spoiling it for the rest of us.
I agree BC.....the moaning was getting on my nerves too,if ya bored bugga off and do something more interesting then.....don't bore me with ya boredom!!:25:

It is so frustrating for those having connection issues though,maybe it's due to the merging of both Rockstv and Coloured Rocks and the processing of all the extra information......just guessing coz I am certainly no techie!

There seemed to be more than a few gremlins tonite,which along with the format change and Carol being on her own(ie no Steve) made for a difficult evening in general I think.

Despite all that though I still managed to nab a bargain,one for me and one for someone else,so maybe we need to be a little bit patient as they iron out the issues.

The whingers are dreadful. They seem unable to cut the Rocks team any slack at all and the bargains are as good as ever, IMO. I didn't have any problems tonight with the quality Mad but I sympathise. Hope it's all ironed out very soon.

I originally logged in on my computer using Firefox, then changed computers and used IE, but it was just as bad in both. Sorry for the few minutes I was on I did moan, about Carol going on and on when someone got an item for £5 less, then ranting that she wasn't going to do it again. My attitude (oh dear I'm moaning again!!!) was she could have pulled the auction, she didn't have to drop the extra fiver and then whinge about it!!! Later she let some money clips go for £1 because of her mistake. Ok, moaning Minnie is going to bed now :D:, I might try again tomorrow, but then again, I might not bother, and rediscover the bloke who feeds my bling addiction!!

Hi guys, we really appreciate the fact that you are sticking with us, of course it must be frustrating especially as we are internet based only but I can only assure you that these technical problems will be ironed out over the next few days.

We have so much exciting stuff coming up, including loads of new pieces that I know we can give you at great prices but much bigger quantities than before. Steve, John, myself and all the team, are dedicated to making the business work for everyone and we will be bringing you a lot of new pieces (silver and gold) within the next 2-3 weeks. It is, I promise you, going to be bigger and better than before. Just give us a little time and we will be there. We are real, we always want to be fun and interactive, and we are here to stay, even if it takes us a while to get the right format!!

Those who are negative we will be speaking to so don't worry. Let's get on with bringing bling at great prices!!

With very best wishes

Sarah

The whingers are dreadful. They seem unable to cut the Rocks team any slack at all and the bargains are as good as ever, IMO. I didn't have any problems tonight with the quality Mad but I sympathise. Hope it's all ironed out very soon.

Mr. Jones.

I dont count myself as dreadful, but I had many problems tonight with the chat and having to refresh, log out etc. I appreciate that the team are having a few teething problems, ( I felt sorry for carol tonight until she gave her big rant ) I said I would stick it out until sunday and that I will, but I cant see me sticking it longer than that. changing the concept of a site should have had more planning so all these gremlins shouldnt have appeared. I truely wish Rocks from the bottom of my heart good luck, because as a team they are truely amazing, but I dont think I will stick around.

I had terrible problems tonight with chat disappearing and the lag was awful. I missed several things cos they closed just as they appeared on my screen. F5-ing made chat disappear and knocked me off totally a few times. Basket is wonky too. Item missing, says 6 when hover over it, but only 5 showing. Then it said checkout as limit of 4 reached - I had a limit of 8.

Tony has been working his socks off though - bless the cotton things. He's raised my limit again and I'm just going to go with the flow as the team have never let me down on any problems I've had - not that there's been many. Fingers crossed the problems get sorted soon.

Thanks for the reassurances Sarah, I was desperately trying to spend money, honestly, but it just wouldn't let me!!!:wink:

Sarah I wish you and the team good luck. Today was a nightmare for many including the rocks team but Tony has been very helpful and I for one would like to say Well done Tony you are a star.

I have to take a break from rocks and the new format will let that happen. I will of course be visiting rocks and keeping in touch. Lets hope this 2-3 weeks time scale will bring new design and the much needed rest for my CC.

BH xx

Thanks for taking the time to reply Sarah. I hope you will be able to get all the problems ironed out as this must be terribly frustrating for you and all your team.

I had problems last night as well. Sometimes the lag was so bad, Carol was saying items had all gone whilst I still had the graphics of the previous item on my screen. I didn't manage to get anything. Carol clearly got herself all hot and bothered and into a panic and I felt quite sorry for her, but unfortunately watching last night turned out to be a complete waste of time for me.

Whats the difference between raising problems as you are experiencing them & whinging/being negative/moaning?

Apologies as this is more of a rhetorical question, but I can remember the beta testing days, and will raise my concerns so that the team can know about them and put them right.
Although, because of these technical issues I haven't been around too much to see what's going on, which also means that I could raise issues that have already been raised before.

Pepsi, I think the whingeing that is being referred to is when last night 2 people kept saying over and over again that they were bored and that they don't like the new format. That was it, over and over again for 10 minutes. They weren't offering constructive feedback, or saying that a specific problem had occured or anything of that nature.

I think Rocks would indeed encourage us to let them know about problems that we are having as they arise, just as we did in the 'old days', but its a little frustrating when people just keep going on and on about being bored.

Pepsi, I think the whingeing that is being referred to is when last night 2 people kept saying over and over again that they were bored and that they don't like the new format. That was it, over and over again for 10 minutes. They weren't offering constructive feedback, or saying that a specific problem had occured or anything of that nature.

I think Rocks would indeed encourage us to let them know about problems that we are having as they arise, just as we did in the 'old days', but its a little frustrating when people just keep going on and on about being bored.
That's it exactly Owl,feed problems,refreshing issues etc etc and raising those is very important for Rocks to be able to iron out the problems,it was the constant posting of 'boring'..'I'm bored' etc that was irritating.

Being frustrated over technical issues is completely understandable and something we have all experienced at some time or other,as a rule I do not have many of those but when I do it makes you want to through your equipment against a wall!!Raising these problems is never a problem as we are all there to try and help each other but if it you are just bored go and do something more interesting instead!

Technical gremlins aren't the issue tbh - they're frustrating, but they're superficial - it isn't them that's made me feel very disappointed - it's the principle of changing a fantastic, innovative format, into an ordinary dull one that can be found anywhere else.

Why do people have to feel they need to apologise for complaining? It's the great British way isn't it - "mustn't grumble". Why not? How is an organisation to know how you feel if you don't tell them?

I said what I thought, the first and only time I logged in to Chat on the new site - simply because I wanted Rocks to know how I felt. I stayed a couple of hours to see if things improved - then went and did something else.

I wish it would change back to what it was - I'd be the first to come back...

Latest posts

Back