Micellar Waters

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

mediastar

Registered Shopper
I like to read Sali Hughes from the Guardian she reviews beauty products and seems well considered and objective. She recently talked about these cleansers and said they were a real improvement on using wipes. Well, I have been using a hot cloth method in the morning and a face wipe in the evening watching telly in bed, how lazy! Well, partly to improve my environmental impact and partly because I sometimes don't feel the wipes clean, particularly waterproof mascara (which I have to use as I have very watery eyes, especially on windy days), everything off thoroughly, especially looking at the cloth the next morning and partly because they work out as better value for money than the wipes I thought I would give it a go. I bought the Garnier version and a pack of cotton wool pads on the dreaded high street, so far so excellent. I won't necessarily stick with Garnier, I shall try other versions and then find one I really like and stick with it, have to say I am really quite impressed. I feel fresh and clean and my facial skin doesn't feel tight and scrubbed off like I often do after having used a wipe and my skin seems to look good and rested in the morning. If I have any further opinions I will add to this, but I am pretty satisfied and can recommend it to anyone looking for a new way to cleanse.

Simple do one as well, its suppose to be for sensitive skin.

Many of the French brands like Vichy do them to, that is where they started. So you don't have go high end.

I`m glad you started this thread because I was considering trying micellar waters when I`ve used up my stash of hot cloth cleansers. I wash my face in the morning with a fragrance free, paraben free face wash and only use a cleanser at night. I don`t stay with any particular brand and I don`t buy high end brands anymore and to be honest I haven`t seen any deterioration in my skin since doing this. I think I have 4 HC cleansers left in my stash so once they`re gone then I`ll try the waters. I have sensitive skin so it will be interesting to hear feedback on them.

Well, one of the micellar waters they recommended in the Sali Hughes article was Boots Botanics Ultra Calm, I got paid this week, so did a bit of a shop in the local branch. I tried it out, I had to go over the waterproof mascara a couple of times, but skin felt lovely and smooth after, eyelashes aren't "crispy", so not unimpressed.

Latest posts

Back