Presenters day off?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

g1c

Registered Shopper
Anyone else wondering why Ideal World is having a day of pre recorded programmes? have they finally run out of pick of the day items??

Anyone else wondering why Ideal World is having a day of pre recorded programmes? have they finally run out of pick of the day items??

Also, I saw the Electronic Programme Guide on my television and it said "Ideal Ideas" all day, no individual programme descriptions.

Well, they wanted to be like BidTv, with the ridiculous Bid presenters and all the Bid type promotions they were running, is as the saying goes, be careful what you wish for.

I think it's a shame... dunno how they slid down the hill, so to speak.
When Ideal World first started it was a refreshing change to QVC with the late, lovely Steve Whatley, Ellis, Shaun and Loen much easier to watch than the QVC presenters who took themselves so seriously - I was entertained, and I had some great buys in those days.
So where did it go wrong, did the buyers lose the plot maybe?

They seemed to go down hill when they tried to fill the gap that Bid TV left, they didn't realise that Bid went bust for a reason, people want a shopping channel they can trust so as soon as Mike "fake shock" Mason and Peter "double entendre" Simon were hired, their fate was sealed.

My attitude with shopping channels is that, when the presenter is loud, arrogant (for example - this product is so brilliant you HAVE to buy it ), or misleading, then I wouldn't touch the product with a bargepole even if I felt that the price and product was good. I also do not buy from anyone who is pushy, for example when shops try to sell you other products (which I know they are told to do). In the post office last year I was asked whether I wanted their phone/internet package. When I politely declined I was asked "oh, so you don't want to save money" which is an unacceptable comment. I am actually tied in to a package (which I am happy with). My brother went into the post office this week to buy stamps for a package and was bombarded with questions about credit cards, how much he pays for whatever (he doesn't actually have a clue offhand). He told them he only wanted his stamps and was in a hurry but they continued.

Mostly when I want to buy a fairly expensive item I save my pennies and go to John Lewis which is often cheaper in the long run when you consider their excellent customer service.

:mysmilie_14: I tuned in very early this morning, before 7am, and it was an IW repeat show with "Pope" Peter in all his glory, and a male guest selling electric drills. Pete was surprisingly restrained (for him, although not by anyone else's standards of behaviour) although I was surprised he was not wearing protective goggles, as the guest was demonstrating drilling through what was reportedly a brick and items of metalwork, in order to demonstrate the supposed toughness of the drill bit. The Pete we know and love(?) was well in evidence though, with such catchy and transparently honest(?) phrases as "This is the Big Daddy of the Drill World", "Look at this!", "Oh no, you're not going to drill through....oh, no", "20% of the total stock have now gone, the clock's against you", "We're so busy on the phones, I can't tell you, we're so busy"...etc. etc. etc. you all know the drill (pun intended). Of course, with Pete's arithmetical ability, 20% of the total stock now gone probably means there are only 5% of total stock left...he by-passed GCSE maths.

Well, they wanted to be like BidTv, with the ridiculous Bid presenters and all the Bid type promotions they were running, is as the saying goes, be careful what you wish for.

Yes I was wondering that, I mean I know they have only about 20 items or so in their inventory (there website is never updated there has been two fleece jackets on their for the last year, always out of stock) coupled with the fact that the presenters that shut down bid tv are now on Ideal World then the end result is a predictable conclusion (IMHO), but yes it didn't seem 'normal' especially when there was no explanation. I really do feel that this is the 'beginning of the end' as someone else said, but saying that how much longer can they realistically carry on going? Reading these forums, it seems that they have trouble with suppliers, hence the reduction in stock, thus they rehash the same pick of the days week in week out, not really very 'exciting'. I mean I don't by from 'selly telly', but at least the 'Q' is slightly more entertaining to watch.

Latest posts

Back