Here's a nice one, they DO have to pay the postage if you return.....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

cheesecake

Registered Shopper
I was just being pedantic and finding out how much it would cost if you returned the ladder set which is on the 10am hour, obviously I get infuriated with the "you've got nothing to lose so try it" being banged out every 5 minutes so I thought I'd have a mooch and see the cheapest price I could find to return it.....

Anyhoooo, I got sidetracked and found this:

"If you cancel your order
- We will refund the price you paid for the goods for which you are cancelling (subject to certain possible deductions which are detailed in these terms), including the costs of delivery to you."

Taken from Ideal worlds website, refunds page at 10.55am this morning.

So when they claim, as I heard not 2 days ago, that if you return an item you get your money back, minus the P+P, this is advising to the contrary.

So, hopefully that will make a few people smile, and now off to hunt out the best price for returning this set of ladders at over 2kg and following the IW guidelines of how I have to get them back to them.

IMHO, a return and a cancellation are two different things, if the order is cancelled, presumably that means before it is packed up and thrown on a truck, or any paperwork has been done, in which case the p of the p+p charge still stands, but this will probably mean the entire p+p charge, I may be too cynical but that's how I read it.

If you cancel your order
- We will refund the price you paid for the goods for which you are cancelling (subject to certain possible deductions which are detailed in these terms), including the costs of delivery to you. However, please note that we are permitted by law to reduce your refund to reflect any reduction in the value of the goods if this has been caused by you handling them in a way which would not be permitted in a shop – for example if the goods have been used or parts are missing.
- We will process your refund as soon as possible and in any event no later than 14 days after the day we receive back from you any goods supplied, or (if earlier) 14 days after the day you provide satisfactory evidence that you have sent the goods back to us. If you cancel your contract before goods have been sent to you, we will process your refund no later than 14 days after the date you informed us about your decision to cancel your order.
- We will make the reimbursement using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction.
- We may withhold your refund until we have received the goods back or recieved satisfactory evidence of the goods being returned, whichever is the earliest.
- You should return the goods to us at your own cost (following the Returns Procedure below) or hand them to us at our address Ideal Home House, Newark Road, Peterborough , PE1 5WG within 14 days of cancellation. You must take reasonable care of the products, and return them undamaged to us .We request customers to return the products with their original packaging and to ensure that the package is sufficiently robust to minimise the risk of transit damage. Please note that goods are returned to us at your risk and we may make a deduction from the reimbursement for goods that are returned to us damaged.

Latest posts

Back