Moissanite overtured by Shakespeare

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'm not watching him but I've seen him at it before. In between bouts of "just buy it, ladies just, just buy it" I've also heard that it's a kiss from the skies, beautiful heart touching colours and beauty in splendour...........what he fails to say is the full price, he thinks the first flexi-payment is the overall price and it's very expensive man made stone, just because he calls it moissanite, doesn't make it a diamond.

I thought he was going to burst out crying at one point. You are right about the price, just said £100 when there are four of them! Trying to flog a "father of your children" ring now for Father's Day.

Lol at comments above. As usual, I missed the beginning of Pete's "show", turning over near the end (lucky me), but I caught "it's the chorus of the night" (Eh? I've heard of "the music of the night" from "Phantom of the Opera", but never "chorus of the night"..oh, well). Then came another classic...."it's on your hand when you throw your lunch bag over your shoulder"... Oh Gawd, did we laugh. I must say I thought he was a bit more "restrained" than usual (I know, I know, "restrained" is not a word you use about Pope Peter). Honestly, the prices they ask for that moissonite-crap - sorry, moissonite), He did say "look, it's set in solid gold" but the shank looked about as thin as paper to me, as he twirled it around, so effectively you're paying £199 + for a tiny bit of gold that you'd be lucky to get £20 for if you scrapped it. The rest is faux diamond!

Talking of Pope Peter and his Bid tactics, is anyone else out there also suffering from missing Perfume Pete on our screens? Pete! Where are youuuuuuuuuuuuuuu? Every time the Council refuse lorry comes around I'm reminded of Pete S. and his 'exclusive' stinks, 50 gallons for 10p. Where is he now? Must go, I'm just off to throw my lunch bag over my shoulder while there's still time................

Old pious Pete, what a change in him when he gets in the kitchen with all food over his gob. Talk about a split personality!

I see he's had a nice hot holiday somewhere, by the colour of him.

Affirmament of the Heavens!

I was called to the TV and told that the pope was on! This expression made me cringe when I heard it. What a load of overblown twaddle. It's as though he's rehearsing some terrible keynote speech - all the structured paused and slow intake of breath. I would have thought there was some broadcast rule that stops this sort of selling technique. At times, it's like listening to a cult leader brainwashing acolytes. And yes, that's cult with an L ;)

And moissanite is manmade? I know I don't watch IW a lot but I didn't know that. I always thought it was a real, mined gem. Does it sell well?

Old pious Pete, what a change in him when he gets in the kitchen with all food over his gob. Talk about a split personality!

I haven't watched much IW lately, just clicking over in the adverts but I thought I hadn't seen him much lately. In fact I was going to post a comment here to ask if anyone had seen him, because I thought the men in white coats may have taken him to the institution for a nice rest, but a sun tan indicates a holiday so that explains it!

Regarding his "language" when describing the products, I am convinced that he tries to come up with the most bizarre and ridiculous comments deliberately to encourage sales and it clearly works, people must love it and buy whatever he is selling. Obviously not us of course...

Lol at comments above. As usual, I missed the beginning of Pete's "show", turning over near the end (lucky me), but I caught "it's the chorus of the night" (Eh? I've heard of "the music of the night" from "Phantom of the Opera", but never "chorus of the night"..oh, well). Then came another classic...."it's on your hand when you throw your lunch bag over your shoulder"... Oh Gawd, did we laugh. I must say I thought he was a bit more "restrained" than usual (I know, I know, "restrained" is not a word you use about Pope Peter). Honestly, the prices they ask for that moissonite-crap - sorry, moissonite), He did say "look, it's set in solid gold" but the shank looked about as thin as paper to me, as he twirled it around, so effectively you're paying £199 + for a tiny bit of gold that you'd be lucky to get £20 for if you scrapped it. The rest is faux diamond!

Talking of Pope Peter and his Bid tactics, is anyone else out there also suffering from missing Perfume Pete on our screens? Pete! Where are youuuuuuuuuuuuuuu? Every time the Council refuse lorry comes around I'm reminded of Pete S. and his 'exclusive' stinks, 50 gallons for 10p. Where is he now? Must go, I'm just off to throw my lunch bag over my shoulder while there's still time................

I am missing Perfume Pete in a weird sort of way! It's nice to know where they are (and switch them off if we choose to - I do that a lot with the Barra Boy!)

I was called to the TV and told that the pope was on! This expression made me cringe when I heard it. What a load of overblown twaddle. It's as though he's rehearsing some terrible keynote speech - all the structured paused and slow intake of breath. I would have thought there was some broadcast rule that stops this sort of selling technique. At times, it's like listening to a cult leader brainwashing acolytes. And yes, that's cult with an L ;)

And moissanite is manmade? I know I don't watch IW a lot but I didn't know that. I always thought it was a real, mined gem. Does it sell well?

Apparently it was discovered when a meteorite landed in Mexico I think it was or some crap like that, because they're was only a bit discovered in it, they recreated it in a laboratory or to put it another way, extremely expensive silicone carbide also know as, very expensive faux diamond.

Just thank goodness you never turned over to catch him presenting Sit n Cycle, I wouldn't wish that image on my worst enemy.

I haven't watched much IW lately, just clicking over in the adverts but I thought I hadn't seen him much lately. In fact I was going to post a comment here to ask if anyone had seen him, because I thought the men in white coats may have taken him to the institution for a nice rest, but a sun tan indicates a holiday so that explains it!

Regarding his "language" when describing the products, I am convinced that he tries to come up with the most bizarre and ridiculous comments deliberately to encourage sales and it clearly works, people must love it and buy whatever he is selling. Obviously not us of course...

I was hoping I'd never see him again but unfortunately their FB page told me otherwise :doh:

Haha it was probably on her list but she was interrupted :wink:

Why do they always have the same two models when they wheel this thing out every week? Always the Scottish guy and the smiley woman who rests her hands on her thighs?

Because they're falling in to the old Bid TV philosophy, that viewers are thick as shine a light and don't know how to peddle a bike, I did learn one thing though, never watch Peter "double entendre" Simon present a fitness hour on a full stomach.

Mommabear, I'd forgotten that - he did look a peculiar shade of Day-glo Orange! Probably come out of a bottle....or did he go on hols. with Our Bet? Did Bet get a mention last night, by the way? Is she covered head to toe in moissonite, including her lunch bag slung over her shoulder, I wonder?

Latest posts

Back