Telemarketing from IW - 01273647939

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

maymorganlondon

Registered Shopper
Hi there

I recently placed my first order with IW for about 7 years. All of a sudden, I'm now getting calls from this number in the Brighton area. It made interesting reading when I googled the number, as it appears to be telemarketing for IW (and was also associated with BidUp TV in the past).

Has this happened to anyone else?

Is it trying to sell you the IW Extra Club membership?

It rings before I can answer it! It's run on the same number 3 times today alone. When I googled, this it seems some people got someone trying to sell VIP membership, and some it just rang off - not very patient are they?!?

I've been plagued with this in the past. Just ignore it and eventually it will stop. Before I knew who it was, I did answer at times and there was never anyone there. I've complained to OFCOM about this a couple of times too but I don't know if that made any difference, although they didn't call after the last order I placed.

I've changed the telephone number on my account details. If I'd realised this sort of thing might happen, I'd have put a spoof telephone number in in the first place...
So far I've had calls from this same number 4 times yesterday and 3 times today. Each time, by the time I've got my phone out the ringing's stopped, so I don't even get any satisfaction from telling whoever it is to stop calling me!

OK, I got a phone call from these people a couple of days ago, presumably because I bought something off them earlier in the week. They tried to sell me their Ideal World Rewards package for £79.99 and would I like to try a month's trial. He was very persistent and would not take 'no' for an answer. instead of getting angry, I just put the phone down.

Ideal World, if any of your representatives are reading this: I do not appreciate being pestered with these marketing tactics from your company or your partners It was upsetting and has turned me off ever buying from Ideal World in the future. I can see a lot of vulnerable people being intimated by this sort of pressure selling.

It is an utter disgrace. :mysmilie_51:

In 3 days I got nine calls from these guys - but never managed to speak to them. I'm hoping that's it now. Like I said, I've now changed the phone number I've got listed for my account. When I googled this phone number on some threads I read about this people had actually put IW's number as their phone number :mysmilie_17:

I can see that by the sound of your experience I was actually lucky (or am I tempting fate and do I have another week of phonecalls awaiting me?)...

It's pretty disgusting, though. Either getting bombarded with hang-up phone calls, or getting an aggressive sales call - neither is acceptable.

The guy said, "I am going to send you..." That's red rag to a bull to me. I hate pushy sales people. Once you say no, they should respect that and say goodbye!

The guy said, "I am going to send you..." That's red rag to a bull to me. I hate pushy sales people. Once you say no, they should respect that and say goodbye!

I don't know the data protection act very well, but I can't believe IW can be wholly compliant with it.

Latest posts

Back