See! This, THIS is why I hate them ALL at IW :(

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

cheesecake

Registered Shopper
Dennice just opened the new bella bodies shapewear show with this:

"Ideal World has been lacking, lacking good shapewear.."

Eeer, hang on one second Den, when you were flogging us La Dea stuff which was quite expensive, it was THE best stuff on the planet, let alone in the shapewear market, same with the cheapy one that I *think* Ideal made themselves.

There was absolutely NO need in my opinion to bark on that Ideal haven't had this sort of thing, that she's never experienced shapewear which works like this, she could have easily just sold it on it's merits without making everything she's previously touted about shapewear worthless. Always pushing the envolope with unnecessary superlatives, always making herself look like the most untrustworthy sales person ever, as now we all know that when QVC steal this shapewear because they have a larger audience than 8, then Den will be harping on exactly the same about the next brand... "oooh this is amazing, I've never seen my waist since I was 20"

Also, what in the name of crikey, is Very Voluptous, Very Very Voluptous? (their apparent sizing for this miracle range) As someone who was morbidly obese, these ridiculous statements, trying to make fatness be normal, curvy, more to love, cuddle-able, etc etc, really DO make some of us believe it's fine to be obese. I'm sorry, but a size 24 person doesn't need shapewear per se, and they certainly don't need to have it reinforced that they are voluptuos. I am genuinely lucky I lived with the BMI I had, but at 'only' a size 20, I really did buy into the 'curvy' and 'real woman' cr*p, and shopping channels like this, influencing and pushing the 'its real, normal, the average is over size 16' really did stop me even bothering to try at times.

Dennice, you are a complete charlatan, how you sleep at night is beyond me.

That sort of selling tactic comes across as being disrespectful to buyers of similar products available at IW. It is a sure fire way to alienate your audience. Exaggerating claims is making IW become more like Bid TV. I don't like this approach and look what happen to Bid TV?....

I agree if an item is good it will sell itself, you don't need to slag off other brands to prove a point as for Denise, I can't watch her, that droning slow talking voice and those eyes are just two years of the reasons. She looks like she's presenting with her eyes closed and when she does open them, they look as if they're about to beam you up to another planet.

I have not watched IW for ages but flicked over the other night and saw Deneice was on presenting some air fryer microwave thing. I was absolutely shocked by her appearance. Her face looked like skeletor, as if she had gone OTT on the face lifts. It really isn't a good look, in fact it makes her look I'll. I can't listen to the garbage that comes out of her mouth! In fact l don't think there is one presenter on IW that l can watch for longer than a minute. They are all amateurish and annoying.

The only thing about the OP's post that surprised me, was that Dennise didn't manage to shoehorn her 'special needs daughter' into the sales pitch.

I can't stand most of the presenters on IW, but there's just something extra 'creepy' about Dennise if you ask me.
Can't put my finger on it, but it's saying something that I'd even believe Mike Mason over her.
It doesn't help that you can't see her eyes either.

Oh no cant have (Mike cut of his hands and he would be speechless) Mason i would make them both equally awful.

Mike over Dennice any day! LOL yes, if only there had been a bella body camisole in puprple...... then she could have crowbarred poor old Laura in. Filthy disgusting woman.

I agree if an item is good it will sell itself, you don't need to slag off other brands to prove a point as for Denise, I can't watch her, that droning slow talking voice and those eyes are just two years of the reasons. She looks like she's presenting with her eyes closed and when she does open them, they look as if they're about to beam you up to another planet.

Sorry that should say "just two of the reasons" don't know were the "years" came from, probably because that's what a one hour show feels like while watching her.

Latest posts

Back