Got rid of my Kenwood Chef - and I'm feelin' goooood!!!!!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

merryone

Registered Shopper
Well, I've banished it to the attic at least - after all it did cost the best part of £400! - And what a waste of money!!!!!

A few years ago I decided that I'd spend some of my annual bonus on an all singing all dancing stand mixer with all the attachments, so I went straight for the brand leader and bought a Kenwood Chef, I know my mum always aspired to have one back in the day and had to make do with a sunbeam lol!!! I won't go into too much detail but, this is what I found.

It was big and bulky and weighed an absolute ton. Too big to leave out on the worktop, attatchments needed about as much storage space too..which wouldn't have been so bad if it had been any good.

Making cakes - Beater didn't get right to the edges of the bowl properly, even the rubber flexible one. It was so powerful that it used to spray a layer of flour over everything within a 2 metre radius.

Attachments...awkward to fit and a pain to clean. I was so disappointed with the "pasta maker" I actually sent that one back, in hindsight I wish I sent back the whole bally thing!!!

The only good thing it ever did was to slice potato evenly and make a great stir fry mix, however, I've got to thinking that as painstainking it is to use a straightforward knife, it'll probably be quicker than hoiking out this hulking machine, putting on the appropriate attachments, cleaning it all up, cleaning up all the debris that shoots all over the kitchen, washing it up and putting it all away again.

Cant be bothered to try and sell it, can't just chuck it 'cause it seems wrong, so the best thing I can do is consign it to the attic and forget it ever existed

I've come to the conclusion....you can't beat a hand mixer!!! ...Geddit?!

I put a recent post about my broken kenwood and no response from their CS about getting it repaired, so mine is now living in the garage.

I just don't get all the brilliant reviews of the darned thing, not one mentions that one can make just as good cakes, if not better with a simple hand mixer, the fact that the blades, not even the flexible one reaches the sides of the mixing bowl properly, and how messy it is, even when the splatter guard is on! How awkward the attachments are to fit, the clean up!!!!! The garage is the best place for it!! Or should I say garBage?!!

Latest posts

Back