Amazon Prime Day Wednesday 15th July - Kipling?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Cariad

Registered Shopper
Amazon Prime Day is this Wednesday. Promises of huge discounts better than Black Friday. We don't know for certain what products will be on sale but there has always been Kipling bags at rock bottom prices in the past for this type of event - like Christmas and lightning deals and Black Friday.

i find amazon are losing their way

Really? You've said before that you don't use Amazon, only QVC so why would you think that? Amazon aren't losing their way, their net profits have double in the past twelve months, it said on financial news on Sky The service you get from Amazon is second to non in my opinion, the free delivery, returns, goods, are all exceptional, but we all like different things.

Yes, only for Prime users, now you can start a 30 day free trial but must remember to cancel in time or you will pay £59(its on offer at the moment), otherwise £79.

They will be doing the scrolling sales along the screen starting at a certain time and until sold or time runs out.

I use Amazon a good bit but not enough for the Prime. Even the TV streaming I can do free(if you know where to look:mysmilie_59:), I did by a DVD player this week from them. Arrived in two days no hassle.

Amazon Prime is worth every penny for me, BUT I do virtually all of my shopping online and Amazon is the first place I look, and I have a smart TV so use the movie/TV show streaming. It's like any service you pay for, you have to utilise all of the services it provides to make it pay.

For me it is the most perfect shopping experience, right through from buying to returns.

Last edited:
Really? You've said before that you don't use Amazon, only QVC so why would you think that? Amazon aren't losing their way, their net profits have double in the past twelve months, it said on financial news on Sky The service you get from Amazon is second to non in my opinion, the free delivery, returns, goods, are all exceptional, but we all like different things.

ive never said i only use Q i mean when amazon upped the free delivery that took a big shine of things plus when they price match other stores & then it makes it under the £20 the added postage just makes it more expensive than if i got it elsewhere ect

i wish they would do prime without all the extra rubbish they throw in with it like other countries do

ive never said i only use Q i mean when amazon upped the free delivery that took a big shine of things plus when they price match other stores & then it makes it under the £20 the added postage just makes it more expensive than if i got it elsewhere ect

i wish they would do prime without all the extra rubbish they throw in with it like other countries do

I find the 'extra rubbish' really good.

I find the 'extra rubbish' really good.

see for the people who like & use that feature its better value but for someone like me who has no intrest in it then its in a way an extra cost for something i know i wouldnt use

to me there should be several versions of prime, one with all the extra features ect & one without like in other countries

Amazon upped the spend for free delivery from £10 to £20 but most people find it easy enough to spend £20 or above. I know I do. Unless it`s something I`d need in a desperate hurry then I simply wouldn`t order a single item under £20 and pay p and p. I`d wait until I needed something else too.

I've used Prime then canceled before I have to pay, even when I'm not using Prime there are free p&p on most things, but even if there isn't, the prices are still cheaper than QVC and customers service is way better so personally for me, it's a win win.

I have seen you say it on QVCs FB page, but let's agree to disagree over it, you're entitled to like what you like.

Yes, only for Prime users, now you can start a 30 day free trial but must remember to cancel in time or you will pay £59(its on offer at the moment), otherwise £79.

They will be doing the scrolling sales along the screen starting at a certain time and until sold or time runs out.

I use Amazon a good bit but not enough for the Prime. Even the TV streaming I can do free(if you know where to look:mysmilie_59:), I did by a DVD player this week from them. Arrived in two days no hassle.

I left prime when it went up and I don't use the video streaming (can't although I actually would if I could! Am thinking buying an amazon tv fire dongle for my tv)...
Think amazon is very much prime-focused nowadays which is a shame but still way better service and prices than qvc!

I have to ask where do you get the streaming tv service for free?!! Is it legal?

As mentioned above prime is on offer ATM (£20 off so £59) so if you're debating may be worth it...

But what I wanted to ask is how returns work on amazon (not on prime that is). I have amazingly only ever returned something faulty (which was sooo easy and free and got replacement before had sent back faulty items!) and shoes which didnt fit but were advertised as free returns when I purchased them... I have never tried to return an item I changed my mind on or wasn't as I'd hoped etc...
So, in those cases how does it work and am I not right in thinking I have to pay return cost?? And using their set rates?
Any info gratefully received :) thanks x

As mentioned above prime is on offer ATM (£20 off so £59) so if you're debating may be worth it...

But what I wanted to ask is how returns work on amazon (not on prime that is). I have amazingly only ever returned something faulty (which was sooo easy and free and got replacement before had sent back faulty items!) and shoes which didnt fit but were advertised as free returns when I purchased them... I have never tried to return an item I changed my mind on or wasn't as I'd hoped etc...
So, in those cases how does it work and am I not right in thinking I have to pay return cost?? And using their set rates?
Any info gratefully received :) thanks x

I'm afraid I don't know if it's the same for non-prime members, but as a prime member it's free to return and very simple. Just click on your account, tick the appropriate boxes, and it gives you a barcode and address to print off and attach to your parcel (or you can write the details on if you don't have a printer), or they come and collect it from my home for free when it's a larger item :mysmilie_500:

Last edited:
I left prime when it went up and I don't use the video streaming (can't although I actually would if I could! Am thinking buying an amazon tv fire dongle for my tv)...
Think amazon is very much prime-focused nowadays which is a shame but still way better service and prices than qvc!

I have to ask where do you get the streaming tv service for free?!! Is it legal?

Coughs, well I never actually download someone else does it:mysmilie_59:, I watched Daredevil the Netflix one, Penny Dreadful season one and two. Get it full HD to my laptop, never got a virus from the sites I use.

Latest posts

Back