Made in italy for sale on local market stall

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Suz19

Registered Shopper
Have just seen a load of MiI tops on the local market (Bicester, Oxon) they are the same ones that IW sell. One was the crochet 'butterfly' top advertised on IW as one size going up to an 18 - no way! Anyone over a 16 would have a job as the cami underneath isn't very big and the top bit would soon be pulled out of shape. They were selling them for 8.00 ea. They still had the MiI tags on. There were a couple of IW's other styles from the range, dearest was a tenner. Don't know if this was some 'rejected' by the makers stuff, but it didn't look very big and looked like it'd stretch when wet.

Yes I have also seen them in our local market and on ebay for around £6.99 . I bought a couple last year for about £10 each and they are fine but the cami is quite small .I don't think they are rejects that's how they come. I always laugh to myself when the presenters and models say that you can get them in high end boutiques ...we know different don't we !

Is it just me, but I really don't like all this "Made in Italy"/"Sugar Crisp" stuff they're selling at the moment......"Crisp" is the operative word - they look so scratchy! and they're so expensive too. Again it wouldn't suprise me to see half the clobber they sell on a market stall...Horrible stuff!

Is it just me, but I really don't like all this "Made in Italy"/"Sugar Crisp" stuff they're selling at the moment......"Crisp" is the operative word - they look so scratchy! and they're so expensive too. Again it wouldn't suprise me to see half the clobber they sell on a market stall...Horrible stuff!

No it isn't just you. I would love to know where the Made in Italy stuff is made. Do we actually know it is made there or just a name to impress us? Cos Made in a sweatshop in Barnsley doesn't have the same ring to it...

Apparently it is, they also, or so they explained on their FB page a while back whilst having a mooch, said they don't have exclusivity and the clothes can be bought elsewhere too. Unlike QVC that call their "fashion" exclusive to QVC (when half the time it isn't) and charge over £100 for a t-shirt..............what are they all like hey? :mysmilie_13:

I wonder if that's how you spell Italy now? C.H.I.N.A. :giggle:

Just move the factory from China to Italy and it sounds oh so divine doesn't it? They keep on about the Italians having such style and pannache but they have nothing to do with this clothing range, other than letting them move in!

I must say, they are flogging them to absolute death.

I suppose you could name your factory "Italy" - then it could be anywhere and truthfully be made in Italy :mysmilie_50:

Problem is, if we're spending big money on clothes, most of us want to try them before we lay out our money. I know I do. Plus, I love browsing the sales for a bargain - and shopping telly "sales" are never proper sales with the kind of tempting reductions the shops often have.

IW are still flogging more of this brand, have u got anything else to sell other than fashion or fitness rubbish ?
IW Becoming lazy with their products, and the same old presenters.

Speaking of presenters, I haven't seen Sally Jaxx lately but I haven't watched much shopping telly lately. I have been on a computer training course for the last 3 weeks and it is really intensive for my old addled brain. When I get home I don't feel I can cope with much IW! Only one week to go and back to normality...

I could cope with Q clothes being expensive if they were truly exclusive to them, were well-made of mainly natural materials and looked good, but they look like Granny fashion from 60 years ago and are mostly made of synthetic materials. Cracks me up when they say a top is "ideal for summer" and it's some polyester thing! Please note, Q presenters: Polyester is NOT ideal for summer, it makes you hot and sweaty! Their stuff is so overpriced, and the fact that some of it turns up on market stalls doesn't surprise me - they are past masters at making claims that are of doubtful authenticity.

Apparently it is, they also, or so they explained on their FB page a while back whilst having a mooch, said they don't have exclusivity and the clothes can be bought elsewhere too. Unlike QVC that call their "fashion" exclusive to QVC (when half the time it isn't) and charge over £100 for a t-shirt..............what are they all like hey? :mysmilie_13:

I saw a bit of IW a couple of days ago and they were flogging a loose top. It was one size and fitted size 8 to 24! If you were a size 8 you would be absolutely swamped. I like my tops slightly loose but that is ridiculous!

Pig of the Day again!! This ones on the market again - Fri 28 Aug - did the stall holder know? His ones are priced ar 10.50 almost half the price of IW's PoD! My friend, size 14, tried one on over a close fitting vest top. She struggled to pull the cami on, it was tight with not much stretch, it crochet overtop was far to big on her, if it fits all sizes 8-20, a size 8 -10 will be swamped and anyone over a 16 won't get the cami on comfortably. Have IW got a far east factory churning this stuff out by the millions - it's all they seem to feature these days.

To be fair, they should have a size 8 model and a size 20 and maybe one in the middle, a 14, so you can see for yourself. This 'try it on and send it back to us' is lazy and a cop out.

The model on now 'it doesn't cling does it'?......Denn 'no it doesn't'

So why is the model constantly pulling it into shape and the 1star review says the back clings like a b!tch?

(Not the pig of the day, the £12.99 wooly one)

I've just watch Dennice trying to flog their new 'nicole' collection- XL has just sold out, but don't worry I'm usually Xl but the large fits me better, so buy the large- it's probably how so much of the stuff ends up in the local market; customer buys, doesn't fit, can't be bothered to send it back.

Latest posts

Back