Beldray 2 in 1 steam cleaner

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

merryone

Registered Shopper
Right I'll put my review on here as the IW website doesn't seem to be allowing me to write a review as it say I need to be logged in to do so. I am logged in however, I would hate anyone to waste their time with this product. I know I only spend a tenner on it, so I shan't bother to try and send it back, as I'd lose revenue in postage (both ways)...and could possibly end up being even more out of pocket, than if I kept hold of it. Don't get me wrong it's not completely and utterly useless, as the steam function is ok, but I bought it more for the carpet sweeper element. I do actually have a steamer which is a bit of a production to get out and use though it works brilliantly.

The carpet sweeper function on this contraption is next to useless as it just seems to push the debris around rather than suck it up, the head is really big and awkward so once it's pushed all the bits you're trying to sweep up into a corner or against the edge of edge of the floor, you have no other option than to use a good old fashioned dustpan and brush! The head also swivels around far too much, it's only steady when in a completely upright position but then you can't actually push it. It's not noisy, so that's something...Might be ok for gathering up a quick spill of something dry in the middle of the carpet, but even then I doubt if it would clear everything!

I suppose I've got myself a carpet steamer for a tenner (though I don't really need one) but would have to use an alternative method of sweeping beforehand which is a bit of a pain. Just a bit disappointed that I've got another pretty useless item taking up precious space in my flat...but the biggest pain is - I still need a decent sweeper. I've got a brilliant vacuum cleaner, however I just wanted something that would do me a quick "in between" clean. I most certainly won't be buying anything online. I'm going to read reviews and buy something in a shop that I can simply return, but of course most shops will only take goods back in an completely unused state unless they're actually faulty. Gonna have to read those reviews very carefully!

It might be worth keeping an eye out for good offers on the Gtech air ram. There are a lot of really positive reviews on here and elsewhere for this. It's maybe more than you were wanting to pay, but it might be a better deal in the long run?

I've got the Beldray floor steamer. It is fine as long as the floor is relatively clean as otherwise you are just pushing the dirt around the floor. I have the Gtech and it is really good.

I had another go with it today, and I think I hate it even more. As bad as it sounds I'm tempted to just chuck it out, I've got a good steam cleaner already with a floor attachment, so I don't really need it, I know I said my main steamer is a bit of production but at least it works and I can clean the cupboard doors, the hob, the curtains - With this it's floors only and the head's so big it won't fit into any narrow spaces anyway, my other one has many different heads to use for those purposes. When using it as a sweeper, the head's so wibbly wobbly you have no control over it, and it picks up next to nothing anyway. In a way I wish I'd paid full whack for it then at least it would be worthwhile sending it back!!!

I was in Robert Dyas and I caught sight of another Beldray product and it looked just what I wanted stick vac that converts into a handheld, really cheap too...I took the plunge and this one's brilliant. I think with me I need to avoid vacuum cleaners that have rotating heads with bristles, cause whatever happens the bristles get choked up with my hair and it takes forever to detangle them and even then I can never remove it all. My main vac doesn't have this either but a separate head with bristles. The £9.99 IW purchase remains in the loft until I decide what to do with it!

Latest posts

Back