3.75M Telescopic ladders

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

NEXUS

Registered Shopper
Just watching Barra boy selling telescopic ladders, a cursory view on Ebay, popped up the same thing, EN131 approved, including a carry case and delivery for £53 for the exact same thing minus the extended warranty.

But hurry the phones are going doolally and are in absolute meltdown, for the most incredible self elevating gravity defying genius wonder of engineering known to man, so if you are one of those individuals that need to extend your reach to such dizzy heights, call now :mysmilie_8:

Last edited:
The moral of the story is - never buy anything when it's first on the market and don't be sucked in by the hype.

they don't half talk some guff on these shopping channels. i hopped on to IW last night or maybe night before and the presenter (not the 'expert') was saying how much better the telescopic ladders would be compared to 'those yellow things sitting there' ... the yellow things being a 8-ish rung A frame ladder. oh how i laughed when they started mentioning things like changing light bulbs ... unless the light fitment is on a wall or near the edge of a ceiling, exactly HOW do you change a light bulb with a standard ladder????

not saying you can't get telescopic A frames (i have one) but don't mislead the viewer into thinking they can do things with a standard telescopic that they can't.

and agree with you all re: IW pricing. for most things they sell, a quick 'google' tends to throw up a cheaper price elsewhere. oh how i pity those without the internet/smart phones etc that think they're getting a great deal!

Something ALWAYS comes to my mind when I think there's a good deal on I.W and I would like to share it with you :)

My 'thing' is PC's, I understand them and can build them, my partners' 'thing' is cameras, he understands them, he could probably tell you the specification of 90% of cameras ever built. So when a camera or a PC comes on, and they begin their usual schpeel, we 'know' they are being ridiculous. So when something comes on I don't know a thing about, like lawnmowers for example, and I think 'wow, that seems really great' , I remind myself of the moment Ideal try and tell you "you can get dozens of films on this 4gb drive...." and imagine some gardening guru at home screaming at the telly that the lawnmower I think is a good deal, is in fact a pile of old pants :)

I saw these ladders yesterday, don't normally watch these hours as I'm not overly 'into' ladders :wink:

Ladder guy was outside doing the guttering on the conservatory and he asked Loen to stand on the last step as he went up. So do you have to get a person to come with you every time you use them then?

Also why did they bother with the strap? I can't see any need for it.

The worst show was when Pope Peter Simon was on with the ladder man a while back....it was one silly innuendo after another - nothing to do with the ladders, so tough luck if you wanted to actually find out something about the product. But I expect..."over 90% already sold out". Yeah, right, and pigs might fly...:mysmilie_500:

Just watching Barra boy selling telescopic ladders, a cursory view on Ebay, popped up the same thing, EN131 approved, including a carry case and delivery for £53 for the exact same thing minus the extended warranty.

But hurry the phones are going doolally and are in absolute meltdown, for the most incredible self elevating gravity defying genius wonder of engineering known to man, so if you are one of those individuals that need to extend your reach to such dizzy heights, call now :mysmilie_8:

Last edited:
i'm going to start a movement/crusade with the end goal of ensuring ALL shopping telly viewers DAG before buying. DAG? Do A Google :)

ok, maybe slightly more expensive but these have little rubber bits in-between treads which will save you from going 'OUCH!!!' if you forget to move a finger out of the way when lowering ladder!

http://www.safetyliftingear.com/pro...uminium/aldd?gclid=COSt7tXuxMcCFUu6GwodgUULpQ

or, what about an A frame for £70?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B004MZLMZ6/?tag=shoppingcom03-21

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back