Dave's inquest and Dave's sister!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

merryone

Registered Shopper
I'm guessing I did mention that an inquest was going to take place regarding Dave (my ex's) untimely death. The letter my son received asked him to name all "interested" parties. We were given a date for the inquest 18th Aug (yesterday) and whilst it said people were welcome to attend, but they'd send us a full report with their findings, reading between the lines we felt that they probably didn't want people there and decided not to go, however when his friends found out they all showed interest in going, so my son said he'd go to, however by the time he'd asked at work they were unable to give him the time off, so as I'm on holiday for a couple of weeks I said I'd go.

It turns out that a congential heart defect (that we knew about ) a lung condition he'd acquired over the years and an overdose of prescription meds (though not enough to be fatal, nor pointing at suicide) and cocaine caused his demise....A walking timebomb he was described as by the coroner. They reckoned that he probably did this time and time again and "got away with it" but this time he didn't. They reckon that he wouldn't have known anything about his death which would have been instant - A verdict of misadventure was recorded.

His sister turned up, and whilst she looked utterly terrible, she didn't look druggy but time ravaged and very unkempt, she was so pleased to see me and gave me her number and she told me how she just couldn't go to the funeral cause she was so upset...but I'm glad I saw her and I will call her some time..she told me her daughters got her own flat and is clean at the moment and doing fairly well, which was good to hear.

Feel a bit down again today after that, but need to get into gear as I'm off to a festival tomorrow!

I am so sorry for your loss, but on the positive side Dave's family look like they are moving on with their lives and getting back on track. He sadly was unable to make better choices and he is at peace now I hope.

Now at least you know he did not suffer it was quick. He probably just thought he was doing something he had done before.

You have reconnected with your ex SIL, hopefully she will be able to stay clean and you can rebuild a relationship with her.

Sorry to hear about Dave, hopefully he is in a better place. As donna has said, it will be a comfort to know he did not suffer.May his soul rest in peace:mysmilie_50:

Latest posts

Back