Kinkycade

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Mommabear

Registered Shopper
Who tuned in last night at 10pm and was disappointed to not see the Pope there but Paul Becque? :mysmilie_10:

And the 'expert guest', isn't he the same chap that's been demoing the vacuum cleaner last week??

Mommabear, Oh no! Pass the smelling salts - I missed a Kinkykade hour! Mind you, would it have been the same without the One....the Only.....the Star of each and every show.....(cue: drum roll)..'Pope' Peter Simon?? Don't tell me, I bet it was...."they're selling out", "over half the stock's gone", "get on the phone quick", "the phones have gone crazy" (any permutation from these will do). Personally, if I was buying one (and I most definitely am NOT) then I'd go to Ebay, where I've seen them for 5 or 6 quid. Beat that, IW. Did Pete happen to mention that these paintings were a vision of light and colour, an oasis of loveliness in the canvas of the world's sadness, the cry of the angels in the morning light at twilight, by any chance?

Who tuned in last night at 10pm and was disappointed to not see the Pope there but Paul Becque? :mysmilie_10:

And the 'expert guest', isn't he the same chap that's been demoing the vacuum cleaner last week??

They can also perform brain surgery in their spare time..........amazing! :mysmilie_14:

Mommabear, if Paul B. was blethering on about Kinkykade's life story, I'm relieved I missed it. The last time Pope Pete attempted to tell us something about him it brought tears to my eyes, it was so tragic (tears of laughter, I might add, as he kept on correcting himself). Making it up as he went along (Pope Pete make up a story? Never, I hear you gasp....):mysmilie_483:

Haha he'd certainly 'brushed up' on a little of the life of kinky :talking:

Mommabear, if Paul B. was blethering on about Kinkykade's life story, I'm relieved I missed it. The last time Pope Pete attempted to tell us something about him it brought tears to my eyes, it was so tragic (tears of laughter, I might add, as he kept on correcting himself). Making it up as he went along (Pope Pete make up a story? Never, I hear you gasp....):mysmilie_483:

If Peter was Pinochio they'd need to extend the studio for his ever growing.............nose.

I tuned in and was utterly disgusted. It is not the same without Pete in his bow tie! Paul suggested you could buy a picture for your daughter and she would pass it on to her children as a family heirloom. Yeah, I bet she will (via the dustbin)!!!!!

I would love to hear Peter Simon try and put a positive spin on this:-

The Los Angeles Times has reported that some of Kinkade's former colleagues, employees, and even collectors of his work say that he had a long history of cursing and heckling other artists and performers. The Times further reported that he openly fondled a woman's breasts at a South Bend, Indiana, sales event, and mentioned his proclivity for ritual territory marking through urination, once relieving himself on a Winnie the Pooh figure at the Disneyland Hotel in Anaheim while saying, "This one's for you, Walt." In a letter to licensed gallery owners acknowledging he may have behaved badly during a stressful time when he overindulged in food and drink, Kinkade said accounts of the alcohol-related incidents included "exaggerated, and in some cases outright fabricated personal accusations." The letter did not address any incident specifically.

In 2006, John Dandois, Media Arts Group executive, recounted a story that on one occasion six years previously, Kinkade became drunk at a Siegfried & Roy magic show in Las Vegas and began shouting "Codpiece! Codpiece!" at the performers. Eventually he was calmed by his mother. Dandois also said of Kinkade, "Thom would be fine, he would be drinking, and then all of a sudden, you couldn't tell where the boundary was, and then he became very incoherent, and he would start cussing and doing a lot of weird stuff." In June 2010, Kinkade was arrested in Carmel, California, for driving while under the influence of alcohol. He was convicted.

I have taken this from his Wikipedia page, but it definitely all seems to be true.

He liked to hide 'N's in his paintings, being the initial of his wife Nanette and you'd think, ah what a lovely devoted couple... but he also had a girlfriend Amy Pinto-Walsh for 18 months before he died.

Following Kinkade's death, his wife Nanette sought a restraining order against Pinto-Walsh, to prevent her from publicly releasing information and photos with respect to Kinkade, his marriage, his business and his personal conduct that "would be personally devastating" to Kinkade's wife.[56] In December 2012 Nanette Kinkade and Amy Pinto-Walsh announced they had reached a secret settlement in their feud involving his multi-million dollar estate and other issues

I like the way IW quote facts like "1 in 10 of all Americans have a Kinkade in their homes". I have no idea if this is true but that does not mean that the pictures are significant works of art. If you like them, then fine. Personally (and you don't have to agree with me) I think that they are horrible, particularly the Disney type images, I can't explain it but they really creep me out. If 1 in 10 Americans like them that is fine, but why should that make us think they are amazing? I'm sure that 1 in 10 Americans wouldn't like the sort of pictures that I like.

It's all been exaggerated, he was really "tired and emotional", and I'm Princess Anne. Have no fear, if anyone can spin, it's that World Champion, Pope Pete!

I would love to hear Peter Simon try and put a positive spin on this:-

The Los Angeles Times has reported that some of Kinkade's former colleagues, employees, and even collectors of his work say that he had a long history of cursing and heckling other artists and performers. The Times further reported that he openly fondled a woman's breasts at a South Bend, Indiana, sales event, and mentioned his proclivity for ritual territory marking through urination, once relieving himself on a Winnie the Pooh figure at the Disneyland Hotel in Anaheim while saying, "This one's for you, Walt." In a letter to licensed gallery owners acknowledging he may have behaved badly during a stressful time when he overindulged in food and drink, Kinkade said accounts of the alcohol-related incidents included "exaggerated, and in some cases outright fabricated personal accusations." The letter did not address any incident specifically.

In 2006, John Dandois, Media Arts Group executive, recounted a story that on one occasion six years previously, Kinkade became drunk at a Siegfried & Roy magic show in Las Vegas and began shouting "Codpiece! Codpiece!" at the performers. Eventually he was calmed by his mother. Dandois also said of Kinkade, "Thom would be fine, he would be drinking, and then all of a sudden, you couldn't tell where the boundary was, and then he became very incoherent, and he would start cussing and doing a lot of weird stuff." In June 2010, Kinkade was arrested in Carmel, California, for driving while under the influence of alcohol. He was convicted.

I have taken this from his Wikipedia page, but it definitely all seems to be true.

Muttley, I couldn't agree more. They give me the creeps, too. And you know the old saying about there being 3 kinds of lies....lies, damn lies and statistics. Hmmm.....

I like the way IW quote facts like "1 in 10 of all Americans have a Kinkade in their homes". I have no idea if this is true but that does not mean that the pictures are significant works of art. If you like them, then fine. Personally (and you don't have to agree with me) I think that they are horrible, particularly the Disney type images, I can't explain it but they really creep me out. If 1 in 10 Americans like them that is fine, but why should that make us think they are amazing? I'm sure that 1 in 10 Americans wouldn't like the sort of pictures that I like.

Yes, even "They" are under the spell of Pope Pete. I'm reliably informed that a knighthood for services to ...(I'll leave you all to supply your own choice of word.....) is being considered in the next (Dis)Honours List.:mysmilie_846:

Just a poor misjudged fella really ma'am *curtseys* :mysmilie_846:

Latest posts

Back