New Yankee Candle Tart and Tart Warmer Alternative

• Thread starter Deleted member 16796
  • Start date
ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

D

Deleted member 16796

Guest Shopper
Glade, best known for air fresheners, have introduced a new line which is apparently on special offer in Asda at the moment. Some are saying this new line is better than Yankee Candle.

The new line consists of a plug in wax melt warmer, and different packs of melts are also available.

Full details here http://www.glade.com/en/products/candles/wax-melts-warmer

My first post in this section so hope this is useful.

In addition to the above, it would appear that two varieties of the refill melts are also available at Home Bargains at a reasonable price. The two fragrances on offer in Home Bargains are cinnamon and apple, or gingerbread. £1.49

Bit more information... the melt warmer is currently on offer at Tesco for £6 (usual price £12) and the offer ends September 8th.

Tesco.com said:
Indulge yourself with the Glade Wax Melt Warmer. This innovative Wax Melt Warmer is designed to be used with our range of Wax Melts, available in a variety of unique fragrances. Just place a Wax Melt into the Warmer Dish, plug in the device and relax as the fragrance from the melting wax fills your room. You don't have to worry about dripping wax or mess, and after a long day what better way to unwind than drawing a bath, dimming the lights and spoiling yourself? What's more, this warmer is exceptionally easy to clean and can be used over and over again.

To use the Glade Wax Melt Warmer simply place the dish onto the warmer base, place a Wax Melt into the dish and plug into a plug socket. Wax melts are available in a range of fragrances, why not try Bali Sandalwood & Jasmine or Clean Linen?
Glade, an SC Johnson company, has been freshening and fragrancing homes since 1886 and with over a century of olfactory expertise, we've become one of the most trusted names in the industry. Inspired by nature, we've worked hard to develop a number of unique product ranges encompassing a broad variety of candles, oils, gels, powders and sprays to keep your home smelling its finest. And with innovative new ways to dispense our lively fragrances such as Sense & Spray, there's sure to be one to meet your every need. Each year we release a series of limited edition fragrances to mirror the seasons, so your home and your senses are continually brought to life. What's more, our sprays have been proudly CFC-free since 1975 to ensure we are doing our best to help the environment. Glade, inspired by the best feelings in the world.

Lidoff_540x540.jpg

I'll keep an eye out - judging from the pictures there may be a choice of colourways for the tart warmer too.

Even at full price that's very good value compared to a YK tart warmer.

That's great thanks, it's more my thing because I don't like Yanke (or the cost) I like Prices but stopped buying when I stopped shopping at QVC so this is right up my street, thanks again.

Thanks, Autumn posted about this last week, I got one in Asda for £6 saw it for £10 in Wilkinsons and the melts in there were £5! Asda are charging £3 for them and Tesco a more reasonable £2.50 but I shall be having a look in Home Bargains now. The warmer itself does come in a mid blue colour but I have never seen one in the flesh every shop I have seen them in only have the cream, which I personally prefer. They are excellent value, there are four scents in total so far, am very please with mine and great that you can use other brands of melts in them, I tried a couple of tescos ones at 60p a go and liked them

Ooh have just seen the picture and noticed the other melts Glade do, love the sound of the Rosemary ones, have not seen them out and about!

After reading Autumn's post/that thread I was keen to search out this Glade electric warmer - and/or the air wick one - but sadly being house bound I can't find them online anywhere... Tesco seemed to have them on their groceries shop but when I logged in to do my online shop it just said unavailable :(
But they did have some of Tesco own brand melts. They are the shape and approx size as a yankee tart but as let's-be-avenue says they're 60p a pop! However I did say on the base that it says they last for 8 hours. Not burned long enough yet to see how they do, but I think yankee says 15 hours?
I bought a few different one and the spicy berry which I've already tried, is gorgeous and not very Christmassy which I was concerned it may be!

(Am burning yankee simply home tart - cherry vanilla (it's fab!) - as I type and it's lasted for ages and is still a strong scent. They are £1.20 in tesco).

Found these in Tesco yesterday - no blue ones but was amazed how big the actually are, or should I say wide. Very good value for money but I just couldn't justify buying one when I have a Yankee candle electric burner and no tarts left either...... and a pile of candles, Yankee and Prices!

Found these in Tesco yesterday - no blue ones but was amazed how big the actually are, or should I say wide. Very good value for money but I just couldn't justify buying one when I have a Yankee candle electric burner and no tarts left either...... and a pile of candles, Yankee and Prices![/
Is it possible to heat up the candles and then pour some of the wax into your electric tart burner?

Good point ILS, I feel a bit of a thicky cause I thought of that a while back but had forgotten.

I posted about this on the Clintons thread, i use mine daily and love it :). I know Air wick have also brought out one and they are £11 at Wilkinsons but ive heard they are no good for Yankee candle tarts as they dont get hot enough .

Despite having numerous warmers I had a look for this Glade one today and found it in Wilkinsons. Full price, £12, so treated myself (having bought one of the Lidl hurricane glasses (discovered by Weathergirl from another thread) whilst out and about in a nearby town. This must now stop me buying any more YC ones for a while!

Best tarts/melts I've ever used and only ones I'll buy now, I saw recommended on here a while back, Candlewick Greens, so, so strong, amazing scents & last ages, such great variety too. Only ones I use now! Only need a 1/2 or 1/4 depending on fragrance.

Latest posts

Back