The most Eco Friendly Channel ?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

UkSki

Registered Shopper
Started watching for the first time last night and - wow this channel is ... Mmmmm ... Lets use the word shoddy!

Lots of issues so not going to list them all but the main ones that stand out for me -

The set looks like it's lit with 2 - 60W bulbs, Dark to the point of grim! There's shadows everywhere, On what they are trying to demonstrate, on the backdrops, on the display items, and it seems to be 2 distinctly separate pools of light casting 2 clear shadows,

The main set I've seen - Battleship grey with a few bits of what looks like foil tape (complete with roll still attached at the bottom) and shelves look like they popped to poundland and grabbed anything they could to fill them, namely empty boxes in grey/green and teal,

I've got what looks like a barcode in the top left of my screen, and the "welcome to Hochanda" box looks like a huge afterthought, Some of the dark blue graphics can't be seen against the dismal lighting in the studio, where the neon pink white shadowed "LIVE" is completely "in your face" and what's that in the bottom left? It looks like something that'd indicate your tape had run out,

The studio live footage is very washed out - so much so it makes the promo insert videos look dayglo in comparison,

Crowd funding to try and top the coffers up? This make me Laugh out Loud

They clearly have launched WAY before they are ready - to sum it up in 2 words "Oh Dear!"

I have looked at the channel for no more than a couple of minutes but all I saw was some one doing colouring in!! Is this really what selly telly is coming to?

Oh dear! I confess I've watched a few minutes over past couple of days, and I've seen.....Lee Clark, and Lee Clark and - did I mention? - Lee Clark. Has Matt Macnamara (ex Gems) been on yet? I've found it very amateur and really boring so far, but to be fair I haven't watched very much. I had dire forebodings before it started. Not impressed (and a colouring book would have impressed me even less).

I have looked at the channel for no more than a couple of minutes but all I saw was some one doing colouring in!! Is this really what selly telly is coming to?

Oh dear! I confess I've watched a few minutes over past couple of days, and I've seen.....Lee Clark, and Lee Clark and - did I mention? - Lee Clark. Has Matt Macnamara (ex Gems) been on yet? I've found it very amateur and really boring so far, but to be fair I haven't watched very much. I had dire forebodings before it started. Not impressed (and a colouring book would have impressed me even less).

Yes he has!

I have put the channel on a couple of times but cannot watch as the presenters and sets seem so far away, struggle to see what they are showing!

I saw that too and the colouring went on for aaaaaaages! And to cap it off the presenters colouring was better than the guests

When I saw DIY Charlie presenting... I switched over :mysmilie_17: plus I couldn't hear a word they were saying.

Started watching for the first time last night and - wow this channel is ... Mmmmm ... Lets use the word shoddy!

Lots of issues so not going to list them all but the main ones that stand out for me -

The set looks like it's lit with 2 - 60W bulbs, Dark to the point of grim! There's shadows everywhere, On what they are trying to demonstrate, on the backdrops, on the display items, and it seems to be 2 distinctly separate pools of light casting 2 clear shadows,

The main set I've seen - Battleship grey with a few bits of what looks like foil tape (complete with roll still attached at the bottom) and shelves look like they popped to poundland and grabbed anything they could to fill them, namely empty boxes in grey/green and teal,

I've got what looks like a barcode in the top left of my screen, and the "welcome to Hochanda" box looks like a huge afterthought, Some of the dark blue graphics can't be seen against the dismal lighting in the studio, where the neon pink white shadowed "LIVE" is completely "in your face" and what's that in the bottom left? It looks like something that'd indicate your tape had run out,

The studio live footage is very washed out - so much so it makes the promo insert videos look dayglo in comparison,

Crowd funding to try and top the coffers up? This make me Laugh out Loud

They clearly have launched WAY before they are ready - to sum it up in 2 words "Oh Dear!"

Yes, have to agree. Very similar to comments to a post I made, its not ideal.

I think it is amazing. It is truly a technical marvel.

I love watching selly telly filmed in the dark.

I love how a garment steamer is considered a craft/hobby through slick wording.

I love how a guy that usually demonstrates ladders (on bid) or spray painters (on IW) is now a craft presenter.

Just magnificent.

.Hi Sazza, thanks for this. I've not summoned up the interest to watch for more than a couple of minutes, found it so boring and quite slow. Poor Matt, good luck to him with this one (big difference from Gems TV).

Yes he has!

I have put the channel on a couple of times but cannot watch as the presenters and sets seem so far away, struggle to see what they are showing!

I don't get it either, mr tom. What experience of crafts has Matt Macnamara got - he's been a jewellery presenter for the past 10 or more years! I think they need to speed it up, put some money in the electric meter so we can see what they are doing and invest in some decent cameras (and have a re-think about featuring a garment steamer as a craft item - what's that all about?). From the small bits I've seen, I can't see this channel lasting.

I think it is amazing. It is truly a technical marvel.

I love watching selly telly filmed in the dark.

I love how a garment steamer is considered a craft/hobby through slick wording.

I love how a guy that usually demonstrates ladders (on bid) or spray painters (on IW) is now a craft presenter.

Just magnificent.

Lol! :giggle: I'd think there will be a bulk order for Poward pills going in any day now and they'll make a clean sweep of the whole studio, presenters and crew. Must be soul-destroying for some of them - I certainly found it soul-destroying to watch. I don't Twitter or Facebook, but I just wonder what comments they are getting? Surely some people are being honest about things that are not right?

Poor Matt looked so bored, I thought I seen him reaching for the Poward pill at one point.

-

Last edited:
Lol! :giggle: I'd think there will be a bulk order for Poward pills going in any day now and they'll make a clean sweep of the whole studio, presenters and crew. Must be soul-destroying for some of them - I certainly found it soul-destroying to watch. I don't Twitter or Facebook, but I just wonder what comments they are getting? Surely some people are being honest about things that are not right?

Me neither H, I don't Tweet or FB either but can't see the comments on there being too kind............on a lighter note though, at least the Powards seem to be selling well, it's our relationship with the buyers you see and all that bulk buying. :giggle:

Latest posts

Back