Birlea Vincenza Recliners & the lovely Pope Pete

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

historymystery

Registered Shopper
"It LIFTS you", It "LIFTS you", and wandering around with no shoes on and showing fluorescent bright blue and red socks....yes, folks, it's another day on IW with an unmissible product (reclining massage chairs) and Our Pete rambling....The guest presenter is left standing there like a spare part, while Pete goes off into his faux "comedy" routine, smirking in silence at the camera, then rambling. The funniest thing was Pete trying to pronounce "ergonomically" - so we had "it's ergon...wonderfully designed".

Gawd, if I was a guest presenter from the Company concerned I'd go ballistic if I found out I'd been paired with him. He's just told us that we should buy 2, and then we'll get a £5 off deal! Oh, wow, the deal of the century! We've been told to have it delivered, just to try it out....yeah, and how much is it going to cost to send a ruddy great chair (or chairs) back to IW? And the classic of all, is that you have to ruddy well assemble the 'flippin things yourself at home - "takes about 60 minutes"!! So for 60 minutes, read 3 hours, or never, and probably end up with a load of bits that don't fit together....Can you imagine spending a whole day assembling 2 chairs from IW? No, neither can I! Now Pete's gone into orgasmic groans sitting in the chair. As usual, Pete bought a chair from another company, paid a huge amount of money and it isn't as good, etc.... Er, Just one question: why did he buy from another company in the first place, if the Birlea one is so good? Of course, over half the stock is gone, and you've got to be quick.......but the same product will be on tomorrow.:sleepy:

Last edited:
Gawd, if I was a guest presenter from the Company concerned I'd go ballistic if I found out I'd been paired with him.

I often wonder if companies get a say in who presents their products with the guest. I mean, which company is actually going to be happy to have their product presented by Pope Pete? Or Howard? Or Gollum? or Loen...or Shaun...oh crap: I see a problem here.

Did anyone see the presentation of this wonder-chair last night with Moik?

No price or other details "the L" on screen as he gave it the big build up, pointing at the place the price would eventually appear on screen... I honestly thought we were about to get one of those whirling price icons as the price dropped to the incredible bargain price. Price then appeared in the usual IW way - how disappointing.

Mike was raving away about what looks like an office chair more than an armchair... I had to switch off at that point.

PS really is infuriating he never finishes a sentence he must drive the people he works with mad

Craftalot, :mysmilie_502: You're so right, they're all pretty dire when you come to think of it, but I think Loen (who begins to talk again each time she sees a guest begin to open their mouth to say something) would be far preferable in my book to Pope P. His stately home, Our Bet Towers, must be full of crappy reclining chairs if Pete is to be believed (what have I said? If? How could I even doubt it for one minute?)

I often wonder if companies get a say in who presents their products with the guest. I mean, which company is actually going to be happy to have their product presented by Pope Pete? Or Howard? Or Gollum? or Loen...or Shaun...oh crap: I see a problem here.

Muttley, Hope you've had a great holiday. If you hurry you'll be just in time to pick up a reclining chair - you might even get the one Pope Pete sat in (on 2nd thoughts, if they offer you that one demand a huge discount and an upholstery clean).

Damn, I am missing all this fun. Back from holiday tomorrow so I can enjoy all these wonderful products!

I would just like to thank my two friends, Shopaholic and Historymystery for arranging the schedules on Ideal World for my return. Pope Pete, Sally Jacks and Howard! I only watched a little bit because I may have needed medical attention after one week away!

I would just like to thank my two friends, Shopaholic and Historymystery for arranging the schedules on Ideal World for my return. Pope Pete, Sally Jacks and Howard! I only watched a little bit because I may have needed medical attention after one week away!

Aw you're welcome Mutts, hope you had a great holiday. Remember though never, never! watch a full hour of Poward after a break, the mind just wouldn't be able to take it. :mysmilie_13:

Aw you're welcome Mutts, hope you had a great holiday. Remember though never, never! watch a full hour of Poward after a break, the mind just wouldn't be able to take it. :mysmilie_13:

And it was Pope Pete and the Nutriblaster, I couldn't cope with more than 2 minutes of that. Small steps, that's the way forward.

And it was Pope Pete and the Nutriblaster, I couldn't cope with more than 2 minutes of that. Small steps, that's the way forward.

Oh yes rule number one always small steps around PP...............rule number two, never drop anything either and offer to pick it up :mysmilie_8:

Muttley, Delighted to oblige, and hope you had a really good holiday. After watching the Dynamic Trio of 'Poward' and Sal, you are going to need another holiday....My Advice: Follows the same rules as Shopperholic's: take it slowly, watch just a few minutes, then switch over quickly. Do this throughout the hour, then over time gradually lengthen the time you watch, building up to a full hour (is she crazy, you must be joking, do I hear you cry?). But the important thing is to lessen the shock to your system. This has the added benefit of you being able to switch to Q and to hope that meCharlie is doing a food presentation.......because the sight of him stuffing his face will put you off your grub pronto, and help you make up for any holiday excesses you might have indulged in, then you'll be able to indulge to your heart's content in all that wonderful fashion.....oh, and by the way, you've missed out on the IW reclining chair in which Pete placed his regal rear-end, and there's only another million of them left in the warehouse.

Last edited:
PS really is infuriating he never finishes a sentence he must drive the people he works with mad

The more you watch and compare, the more it seems Jill Franks is his female twin on QVC.

I've got to wonder with Sally Jacks - does she inhale helium before going on air? She's getting married (not that she ever mentions it much) - I wonder if her OH has a hearing deficit so can't hear sounds in that wavelength, or has permanent earplugs.

Last edited:
May, Squeaky Sal? She's getting hitched.........it's not......it's not.........Perfume Pete, by any chance????? A match made in heaven....or at Bid, whichever is applicable...

The more you watch and compare, the more it seems Jill Franks is his female twin on QVC.

I've got to wonder with Sally Jacks - does she inhale helium before going on air? She's getting married (not that she ever mentions it much) - I wonder if her OH has a hearing deficit so can't hear sounds in that wavelength, or has permanent earplugs.

I didn't know she was getting married, but I haven't seen her much on IW!

I didn't know she was getting married, but I haven't seen her much on IW!

She mentioned it yesterday when she was doing the 5:2 mouthwatering food diet. She's been with him something like 10 years.

Loved the huge belt she wore to make her look like she'd lost the 6lbs that she'd said she had :giggle: It just make her bazookas look more enormous.

Next hour with Janice, the belt was gone.....

Latest posts

Back