Launching tomorrow....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

London

Registered Shopper
I'm going to miss the launch show at 8.00am but will watch the repeat later, anyone going to watch it?

Can't, don't have a fast broadband connection.

But I still don't understand why I need a HD TV with an aerial, AND broadband, shouldn't it be one or the other?

But I quite like what I've seen of Hochanda on freeview 39, seemed fairly down to earth with no hard sell.

But I still don't understand why I need a HD TV with an aerial, AND broadband, shouldn't it be one or the other?

But I quite like what I've seen of Hochanda on freeview 39, seemed fairly down to earth with no hard sell.

I think you can watch it on line (if you care to hahaha)

It works like this...

On Channel 254, your compatible freeview device downloads an over the air application, similar to BBC Red Button, which in turn tells
the compatible freeview device how and where to connect to the internet television channel of the service which, in this case, is Showcase TV.

On internet television channels on freeview, no actual audio or video content is delivered over the air, only the app is broadcast and the
audio and video content is received via the internet.

But without an aerial connected, the box cannot receive the over the air application, and therefore doesn't know how to connect to the internet television channel, Showcase TV.

On freeview, Showcase TV has been allocated a channel number, which is 254. Think of that as being like a bookmark. It is an easier way of directly accessing the internet television channel without having to go through lots of menus and options.

Oh just tried it, lots of pretty flowers and music at the moment.

Will try to record the launch tomorrow !

If its on Sky I will find it ...........I just went onto their website from I Pad hich looks pretty good and can access live TV via that.Currently running a promo but will try after the launch.

Great to see familiar faces again, going to be watching a lot I think. I'm watching online, no problem.

Not on Sky.have gone online and the live stream is ok ,at least I assume its live .Julian currently presenting .

Last edited:
Watching online in a friend's house, can't watch at home as speed too low.

Dawn Bibby and everyone's favourite presenter, who's name I can't remember, he went onto the cruise circuit.

Who was he?

They both look about 5 years older, which I suppose they are. When did he leave Q?

Watching online in a friend's house, can't watch at home as speed too low.

Dawn Bibby and everyone's favourite presenter, who's name I can't remember, he went onto the cruise circuit.

Who was he?

They both look about 5 years older, which I suppose they are. When did he leave Q?

That's Anthony Haywood Strato, it was probably about 5 years ago he left.

Looking forward to Paul Lavers as well.

Watching Dawn now with Anthony who I remember from QVC - he was always naughty when on with Dawn and she was always telling him off. Apart from Dawn talking very fast I am enjoying it. I must say the picture is a bit clearer than Hochanda which is very poor but still could be better. Good luck to them and hopefully ochanda will get better in time as it finds its feet. At least we have a choice !

Latest posts

Back