Whose next ?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Who knows?

With the mess Hochanda have made and the disappointing Craft Channel maybe no one as they might as well stay. the grass isn't always greener and all that.

I can't blame any of them for wanting to leave C&C. Out of the three craft channels, C&C is the one that I turn to last.

I can't blame any of them for wanting to leave C&C. Out of the three craft channels, C&C is the one that I turn to last.

But it's the most popular one and also the one least likely to go out of business...it's the one I'd want to work for.

But it's the most popular one and also the one least likely to go out of business...it's the one I'd want to work for.

I agree. I've given both of the new ones plenty of time to draw me in but they haven't as yet.

You can't simply compare 10 years plus with less than 10 weeks it isn't fair.
C&C same few companies, with dies dies and more dies, the hard sell and some irritating presenters who often think it's all about them not the products.
TCC seems to be stuck in a QVC time-warp, no programmes in the afternoon the time when I want to watch, I can only watch on a computer and can't record anything even if I wanted to, same recorded programmes screened too frequently for my liking, presenters that talk too much and at times over their guests.
Hochanda prone to losing the signal, some shows seem to be repeated far too often, a couple of presenters that talk too much.... but I find the slower pace with guests having time to demo and explain really great to watch, ok a few things I don't consider a hobby or craft but there are people out there who do, no hard sell either, plus I haven't had to put up with silly antics, smutty innuendo and listening to presenters rabbit on about their private lives, which is all to the good.
Personally I'm loving the style of Hochanda and that has meant my tolerance of many C&C shows has been cut to the point I can't watch them anymore. It has improved a lot from that first week and I hope that it continues to improve in the next couple of months. I'd like to see them stick around and as the crafts market in the UK is worth billions a year there is definitely room for more than one channel.

I think it's good that more of us have found something we like.

I hope the newer channels will be able to attract more companies in the coming months as that is the real issue, they can't give us choice if smaller companies can't be involved and it must be a big undertaking with both time and financial constraints.

I totally agree with your comments about C&C, carrots, especially about the presenters.

I have watched all the channels. C&C have got repetitive, TCC very disappointing - repeats and not much to interest me yet but still early days. Hochanda have had a mixed start but with their great guest and good products I am hoping they will start to improve. Hochanda really need to retrain their presenters - getting fed up with the over exuberance with every demo and product and not they are constantly making stupid comments all the time which I hate. I don't mind if they don't know anything about craft but hey just need to let the guest get on with the demo without the rubbish, dated shopping channel school step by step presenting. I thought was what Hochanda said the would do - just let the guests demo with minimal interruptions (please).

I sounded so grumpy previous post about Hochanda but was really annoyed with one presenter - to be honest most of the presenter are really good and they are doing a good job without the hard sell and letting the guests demo well but a couple are really bad and perhaps need some more training.

Latest posts

Back