Marcasite Watch ........

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

diamond-lyn

Feel the rush!
Hello-friends-smiley-sign.gif

I bought a Marcasite watch off the CR website on Monday. It arrived on Tuesday and is bl**dy gorgeous ....
.... much prettier in real life, my photos do not do it justice!!
It has a total of 176 marcasite stones .... 152 x 1mm and 24 x 2mm.

It's a bangle style and the description (and details on the authenticity card) said it was 6 inches.
As soon as I put it on I realized that must be a mistake so measured the internal diameter and
it is actually 7.5 inches ..... which would be great if it were a certain other piece
connie_mini_girlwinky.gif
... ...
laugh3.gif

but unfortunately far too big for my wrists
cry-1.gif

595cdb92-1.jpg

Picture035-1-1.jpg

Sorry, can't seem to get the marcasite colour right in photos ....
it is of course darker than it looks & has fabulous luster!

02e485bc-1.jpg

There's no mention on the card of the 12 gemstones around the watch face but they are so sparky and fiery
I would not be at all surprised if they were diamonds (but of course you'd have to get Rocks to confirm that)
Oh and in the 24 hours I had it it kept perfect time.

This post is just really to let you know that sadly I had to return it yesterday
byebye02.gif

so it should be back on sale soon. I know a lot of you were hankering after marcasite watches!!!

LotsOfLuck.gif
.... may the best man win!!!

P.S. Thanks for everything Katherine, luv ya!!
handkus03.gif
sign00211.gif

Last edited:
:1:Hello Diamond-lyn Aww what a real shame it's too big for you..
It is the same watch I've pestered Steve for months to get for me... but if its 7.5" like you say its no good me buying it either as I have a really small wrist too.:33:
I would need the 6-6.5" measurement.:54:

Oh! well never mind eh! Diamond-lyn perhaps Steve will get some smaller ones done for us specially.(Here's hoping).:51:

Much Love,
Mirabelle xxx :40:

Hiya Lyn flower and
Ghost.gif

That is one magnificent watch....and the photos are superb also. Sadly seems a bit too large for me also......:15:

:16: Got your memory card back then, did you? Remember we're still waiting for piccies on t'other forum! :mysmilie_738.gif:

Aww what a shame Lyn and such a lovely watch too.

You should've kept it and worn it on your ankle! :54:

I have 6" wrists, too, but bangles don't have to fit tight like normal watch bracelets, do they? (I hasten to add I'm not after that particular watch - I already have one which I'm very pleased with!)

I want a marcasite watch, not a bangle style I have to add as I have a bone that sticks out of the side of my wrist more than it should do probably so bangles never seem to sit right. Have seen a couple on the website that are lovely so one day.

That looks beautiful DL, what a shame its too big

What a shame Lyn - it's beautiful, but I'm sure it would swamp me too.
Such a shame when the descriptions re size are wrong - I bought a necklace last night described as 14inches, after I'd clicked Carol said it was 17 1/2!!! Quite a difference to a little person like me. I hope they sort out these kind of mistakes, I've heard presenters correct descriptions far too often for my liking.
Hope the watch goes to a good home in the end, and you find something more suitable hun. What a disappointment.

EEEEEEE Lyn, you must be telescopic!!!! (telepathic) I was just thinking today that I haven't seen you about the forum for ages!! What a shame about the watch, would be way too big for me too, but as a recent marcasite convert, I would probably be far too easily tempted if they did a smaller one.

Don't be a stranger down here in Rocks, get bidding on the auctions, far more fun than 'The Other Place' :laugh:

:doggie:

61747660.gif

:1:Hello Diamond-lyn Aww what a real shame it's too big for you..
It is the same watch I've pestered Steve for months to get for me... but if its 7.5" like you say its no good me buying it either as I have a really small wrist too.:33:
I would need the 6-6.5" measurement.:54:
Oh! well never mind eh! Diamond-lyn perhaps Steve will get some smaller ones done for us specially.(Here's hoping).:51:
Much Love,Mirabelle xxx :40:

Mirabelle!! A little bird
00020095.gif
told me you've bought the bangle watch???

Yes, it is the one that was sent away to be used in magazine promos etc. which they were waiting to be returned!

It's an oval shape so it won't twist around on the wrist and as Miss Magpie said,
bangles are supposed to be worn loose ..... but on me it just slipped off my hand.
I've checked my left wrist measurement & it's actually 5.5" .... smaller than I thought.
I really hope it fits you, you never know .... worth a try!
LotsOfLuck.gif
Let us know!

Hiya Lyn flower and That is one magnificent watch....and the photos are superb also. Sadly seems a bit too large for me also......:15:
:16: Got your memory card back then, did you? Remember we're still waiting for piccies on t'other forum!

Hi Sacha hun
wavesmi.gif
thanks but believe me it took bludy ages to do those (& these) few pics ... I blame the camera!!
gaah.gif

I know sorry, I'll do the 'other' pics later
t27161.gif

Aww what a shame Lyn and such a lovely watch too.
You should've kept it and worn it on your ankle! :54:
Oh, never thought of that Fluffer!!
fool.gif
Although wouldn't I have to bend right down to see it?
Can't imagine I'd be in the slightest bit interested in knowing the time if I'm in that position
laugh3.gif

Hi to Sammi, Mad, Anne, Darls and ALL!
thyouguysrock.gif

Thanks for your comments guys
mysmilie_591.gif

What I didn't mention before is that I had another watch in my basket ready to try in case the 6" (which turned out to be 7.5") didn't fit .... it arrived 2 days after I returned the first.
This one stated 6.5" but turned out to be 6.2" which is a bit better!
I may still have a link or 2 removed but I actually like them (and bracelets) worn low falling onto the hand, so we'll see. Marcasite isn't a watch you'd wear every day anyway.
What is definite is that I'm keeping it!

Oh and Katherine assures me they are working very hard to list measurements (and correctly) on all bracelets, watches and necklaces. Will also save people having to SHOUT OUT in the 'chat' to ask the length and sometimes missing out if it's not seen in time.

So this is the keeper ...........
Picture039-1-1-1-1.jpg

afa4cdda-1-1-1.jpg
Picture036-1-1.jpg

Again IRL the stones in the watch face are so fiery I'm sure they must be diamonds!!

As it's jumper weather and I prefer extra long sleeves, some with thumb holes, I can wear it like this for now!

ade12846-1-1.jpg

Oh and I bought a Marcasite and Garnet ring because it matches the Brooch I bought from the other CR!!

Picture050-1.jpg

ok that's it for now .... I have loads of other Marcasite pieces to post sometime, just not right now! x
th23_6_10811-1.gif

welcometrainf.gif
back, Lyn. It's been way too long ... again!!
BeartHearts38.gif

schokiert_111.gif
Your photos are amazing ... think you need to give me some tips!

That watch is really lovely
3_3_11v.gif
.... I actually prefer it to the other one.
The other pieces are very pretty too and I look forward to seeing pics of the rest of your collection very soon.
wink2.gif

Maybe it's time for a new username ... how about Marcasite Madam?
sofa.gif

OH I WANT THAT WATCH!!!!!!!! :tantrum: :tantrum: I want it :tantrum:

:D ello chuck, lovely watch :D

Glad you got one that works for you Lyn, it's lovely.
I'm more jealous of the garnet bits though, the ring won't resize for me (I don't need it either though, I have loads of garnet & marcasite rings from ages ago!!) - but the brooch is a beauty too.
Enjoy!!!

Ooo you bugga! Don't tell me they're doing a smaller marcasite watch, because I absolutely, positively, definitely, 100% sure don't need one:55:

(Lovely to see you again Lyn)

:doggie:

Hiya Diamond-lyn...:)..Birdie was right lol but alas......

I did have it in my basket, but Katherine Kindly removed it for me as there was no way it could be have been altered to fit a 6-6.5" wrist ....boo hoo:17:

Mirabelle xx:40:

Latest posts

Back