Same Day Delivery

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

shopperholic

Registered Shopper
Argos now do a same day delivery for £3.95 if ordered by 6pm...........for those moments when you want something, today.

Not that different to pizza if you think about it, they have 99% of the country covered by their retail shops so why not deliver the items if they are in stock.
The drivers will be paid the minimum wage and on zero hours contracts so it won't even be costing them ££££.
Not that I can think of anything I would need delivered that quickly but we are living in a give to me cheap and give it to me NOW world.
Patience has gone out of the window, having said that. I do think the 5 to 7 WORKING days that Q offer is just too long to wait for most things.

Yes I suppose if it was a choice between £4.95 p&p and wait a few days, or buy it cheaper from Argos and have it within a couple of hours for £3.95 delivery, it's a, what is it they say at QVC? no brainer.

Thanks, shopperholic, that's good to know, I buy quite a bit from Argos (although usually household stuff I can carry to the car, and luckily we have an Argos very close to home, haven't had anything delivered from them for yonks). That's pretty good, when you think of what p & p can cost on Selly Telly channels, and can take days to get to you. The last time I ordered something from TJC I paid £4.95 for p & p, and it took 6 working days for it to arrive, so by comparison £3.95 for same day is excellent.
Argos now do a same day delivery for £3.95 if ordered by 6pm...........for those moments when you want something, today.

Thanks, shopperholic, that's good to know, I buy quite a bit from Argos (although usually household stuff I can carry to the car, and luckily we have an Argos very close to home, haven't had anything delivered from them for yonks). That's pretty good, when you think of what p & p can cost on Selly Telly channels, and can take days to get to you. The last time I ordered something from TJC I paid £4.95 for p & p, and it took 6 working days for it to arrive, so by comparison £3.95 for same day is excellent.

I agree H, it's a pretty good idea, they'll deliver before you've even decided you want it next, they're getting that quick. :mysmilie_17:

You could be right! Maybe because Argos end of year results slumped a bit over the past year or 2 they are now pulling out the stops? I know that a couple of years ago, our local Argos was doing really badly, whenever you went in there seemed to be only a couple of other people at most looking around or waiting for their item - sometimes I'd walk in and I was the only customer in there, talk about more staff than customers! We honestly thought they would be looking to close it down, things seemed that bad. But over the past year or so things have really changed, lots of people in there when you pop in, and at all times of the day, seem to be doing really well. The other thing I like about them is that the staff at our 2 local branches - one is High St. the other one on a nearby retail park - are really helpful and friendly.
I agree H, it's a pretty good idea, they'll deliver before you've even decided you want it next, they're getting that quick. :mysmilie_17:

Latest posts

Back