The Festive Toy Bundle

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Greg

Registered Shopper
356618_SUPER__000_20151016.jpg

Come on. This load of 99p tat isn't worth the £273 they claim it to be worth or even the £129.99 they are selling this junk for.

Exactly who is going to be fooled by this? Someone tell me. Please.

Agree it'll all end up in the bin after a rip roaring Christmas Day with that lot........

What's not in there is the drone with camera they are flogging which is more of a worry.Although its marketed as a toy,these things can fly quite a way.I saw a couple of young men flying one over the local field when walking the dog ,and someone pointed out they have a camera built in.At the time I said well we know what some people are going to be buying for christmas, seems like the latest fad.

Presenters on IW were going wild with this camera information ,its great for your social media to post up yet more pictures and take different angles etc.etc.

I for one am not keen on having these flying and taking pictures of me my garden etc.Its only a matter of time before they start really annoying people.

Last edited:
356618_SUPER__000_20151016.jpg

Come on. This load of 99p tat isn't worth the £273 they claim it to be worth or even the £129.99 they are selling this junk for.

Exactly who is going to be fooled by this? Someone tell me. Please.

I don't have children, so am not up on the latest toys. But I didn't believe all their hype. They have clearly bought a job lot of cheap tat, but heaven knows why they are selling a bundle of twenty toys? Probably think we will not look closely at each individual toy and think we are getting a bargain.

And Pervy Pete claimed the helicopter toy was "going to be the numbet one toy of the year" or words to that effect! If I want advice on popular toys a creepy middle age weirdo is the last person I would take advice from.

My sons are grown up now but when they were young they'd have loved ripping the paper off all those :mysmilie_14: Thing is you don't want tat when the paper comes off so me, if I ordered it and it was, they'd get the whole darn lot of it back. Looks like they're doing the old "looks like loads you're getting" routine but either way if it's tat £129 is lot of money, you could probably get it down Barra Bois market for a quarter.

I don't know why people think children must have a huge pile of presents. I suppose you could split it up and gift to the family. They look like they won't last long. But it is the throw away society I suppose.

My children are grown up now but are fairly well adjusted and don't feel deprived because they got less of any thing including no designer clothes,we just could not afford them.

Those helicopters have been around for years .When the initial excitement wears off children become bored and want to do other things preferably with a bit of family input,that's my experience anyway .

It looks like the same bundle they did last year and the year before that and the year before that and........

I think the helicopter takes far more time to charge up than actually fly

I don't know who'd buy this? I don't think it's too bad a deal(if the quality's good), and bought as a present for nephews or grandchildren to share. I've got quite a few nephews to buy for and I normally would spend around £15-£20 on each of them, so this would be more than I could afford. If the nephews were all in the same family unit it would be fine but there's 3 in one family and 2 in the other so it would be difficult to split fairly...and of course I'd still have 2 nieces and a baby to buy for! A grandparent perhaps might buy one for a whole family but again...it's mainly stuffed geared up towards boys. I think if you had that kind of money to spend on a child then it would be much better spent buying one (maybe 2) more "special" presents for them.

Same old tat they bring out every year. Kids will be bored with this after 5 minutes. Buy them some Lego, you can't beet it for keeping them busy and quiet.

Every year is the same bundle of the 'latest toys'. I presume its aimed at older people who believe that these are the 'latest must have toys' and naively buy for their grandchildren.

It is very overpriced - £129.99, and the majority of toys in the bundle are worth just a couple of pounds. Some are Poundshop fodder.

Every year is the same bundle of the 'latest toys'. I presume its aimed at older people who believe that these are the 'latest must have toys' and naively buy for their grandchildren.

It is very overpriced - £129.99, and the majority of toys in the bundle are worth just a couple of pounds. Some are Poundshop fodder.

I know some of these helicopters and remote control toys aren't cheap, and as I said before if they're decent quality ones which sell around the £40-£50 mark for the large and £20-£30 for the small ones then the deal's not a bad one. There's a couple of remote control cars, and again if the quality's good and comparable to the high street and by that I don't mean low end stores like Poundstretcher/Home Bargains, again - fine....and a lot of the other stuff in it isn't dirt cheap....it's just the little bits they've thrown in to bulk it up that "cheapens" it, but I think it's quite nice to have a few silly little stocking fillery bits. Like I said my biggest problem with this deal is that it's far too "boyish" and would be difficult to split fairly amongst family. If my son was younger then I think he would have liked it - but it's a lot of money to spend on one person, and I'd probably be looking for something a little more "special".

The Festive Bundle guy is completely demented tonight. He makes Basil Fawlty seem sane. His waving of his lighted gloves in the dark was utterly cringe worthy. What a complete twonk.

I noticed the lady presenter with him look very glamorous tonight in her pointy black hat.

are they selling the RC cars (that stick to walls etc) at 2 for £39, saying that most stores sell 1 for that price?

maybe ... but remember ... the internet (search engines specifically) are your friend :) can buy 1 on Amazon for under £12 delivered, so 2 would be £24 and 3 £36. oh IW, you offer SUCH great value for money.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00C8PO14G/?tag=shoppingcom03-21

and agreed, most of that bundle is cheap tat. I channel hopped on and one of the inane presenters (not the toy guy who's always high on skittles) was shouting how the cars that stick to walls etc are this years must have toy ... MMmmm ... I'm sure they said that last year :)

OMG, I couldn't believe it when I saw this AGAIN a few days ago. Are the flashing teeth in there? and the gloves? What's possibly even more annoying than it being the SAME stuff as the last 6 years at least, and even more annoying than the absolute outlandish claimed value, is that Richard, the guy who demo's toys, is doing the same schpeel he's used for the last 6 years too!!! For goodness sakes, do you have such little respect for us as an audience that you don't even both to change the rubbish that's spouted? Let alone, as someone said, "this is going to be this years BIG toy" which has been said for the last few years too. Have a quick browse on amazon for this stuff and be very prepared to be shocked :)

OMG, I couldn't believe it when I saw this AGAIN a few days ago. Are the flashing teeth in there? and the gloves? What's possibly even more annoying than it being the SAME stuff as the last 6 years at least, and even more annoying than the absolute outlandish claimed value, is that Richard, the guy who demo's toys, is doing the same schpeel he's used for the last 6 years too!!! For goodness sakes, do you have such little respect for us as an audience that you don't even both to change the rubbish that's spouted? Let alone, as someone said, "this is going to be this years BIG toy" which has been said for the last few years too. Have a quick browse on amazon for this stuff and be very prepared to be shocked :)

I had a laugh when I saw this being sold over the weekend. Little surprise that it is near enough the same bundle of toys that they sell every year. Remote control helicopter? Check. Cars that ride up the walls? Check. Gloves that glow in the dark? Check. Some crafting tat? Check. Those things that you can throw at the wall? Check. In fact the only things I didn't see were the glow in the dark teeth and the magic pens (although surely both will make an appearance before Christmas at some point). Don't even get me started on Richard's selling technique! I just can't believe that people buy this rubbish?

I reckon between our savvy forum-ites we could replicate the entire bundle from Poundland and our various internet bargain sites for about £50 :) if not less! Makes me want to weep that anyone buys this pile of poop :(

Nice change last night Sunday 8 November, Gienveve presenting with Janice Philips, it wasn't hard sell they were laughing though.

Same tat mind, but it just cost £20.

Gen called Janice the Toy Exprrt since when, Seen Janice but just doing Hi Tech.

On the Helicopters my dad Flys RC Helicopters, and has been shocked, with how they fly them so close to there heads etc, in the studio, my dad says they might be bendable plastic but could do damage

Nice change last night Sunday 8 November, Gienveve presenting with Janice Philips, it wasn't hard sell they were laughing though.

Same tat mind, but it just cost £20.

Gen called Janice the Toy Exprrt since when, Seen Janice but just doing Hi Tech.

On the Helicopters my dad Flys RC Helicopters, and has been shocked, with how they fly them so close to there heads etc, in the studio, my dad says they might be bendable plastic but could do damage

Toy expert? That's a new one on me, I've seen her on the technology stuff but didn't know she was an "expert" on toys...

Latest posts

Back