Eat your heart out Q

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

loveallthingsitalian

Registered Shopper
Yesterday afternoon Mr L ordered a new TV from JLP. Arrived this lunch time, now this might not seem much to most folk BUT I live in. Northern Ireland so it was flown over!

As good a price as any other retailer

NO postage

5 years warranty (main reason for using them)

When I think how Q charge us 6 quid to post a small ring and it can take up to 10 days from ordering.

How much longer can Q sustain this antiquated business model?

That is pretty good service! I once ordered a garden set from JL in the afternoon & it arrived about 8:00a.m next morning.
I have just received a Landsend catalogue they have 25% off at the moment so there is P&P to pay, in this instance £3:95 but that is for the whole order & if you want to return via Hermes £2:70 & they aim to deliver within 2-3 working days.We don't have to look far to find better than Q.It has to be a very good price before I order from them these days.

LoveallthingsItalian, have you noticed there are some things that the Q don't send to Northern Ireland. I think it's a disgrace.

Sackcloth. Ashes. Breast beating time. I ordered a Kim dress from QVC (I hear the hisses from our dear readers. It's all right, sisters and brothers, I have learned my lesson).

I know my Kim size (megalarge double stretch 10 XL) and what bust (I should be so lucky) and what hip measurement I am (British pear and spreading fast). I went by my bust size in inches, but no hip was quoted. CS did not know hip size as it was not written. So I went for what all the other Kim frocks in 10 XL are. Naturally, and you will be ahead of me, dear readers, the hip size on my new frock was nothing at all like the hip measurement on all her other frocks of this type.

RESULT p&p £4.95, p&p return £3.20.

I had grown soft and unwise following many happy purchases from M&S and Lakeland with NO p&p, hither, or if returning, thither.

I shall never order from Q again. I am a chump. I am going to write 100 lines until I have punished myself and remember.

Sackcloth. Ashes. Breast beating time. I ordered a Kim dress from QVC (I hear the hisses from our dear readers. It's all right, sisters and brothers, I have learned my lesson).

I know my Kim size (megalarge double stretch 10 XL) and what bust (I should be so lucky) and what hip measurement I am (British pear and spreading fast). I went by my bust size in inches, but no hip was quoted. CS did not know hip size as it was not written. So I went for what all the other Kim frocks in 10 XL are. Naturally, and you will be ahead of me, dear readers, the hip size on my new frock was nothing at all like the hip measurement on all her other frocks of this type.

I had grown soft and unwise following many happy purchases from M&S and Lakeland with NO p&p, hither, or if returning, thither.

I shall never order from Q again. I am a chump. I am going to write 100 lines until I have punished myself and remember.

Dear Miss G - Please don't beat yourself up, take a deep breath, put the kettle on and get yourself a nice big bar of milk choklit. Take the experience and learn from it.
Happy days ! :mysmilie_17:

Dear Miss G - Please don't beat yourself up, take a deep breath, put the kettle on and get yourself a nice big bar of milk choklit. Take the experience and learn from it.
Happy days ! :mysmilie_17:

How kind you are.

And how good to find oneself among like-minded people letting off steam about our various grouses in an entertaining way. Thanks, everyone.

LoveallthingsItalian, have you noticed there are some things that the Q don't send to Northern Ireland. I think it's a disgrace.

Don't start me on that one!
I know there are rules and reg regarding meat products and seeds etc but FGS why a bleeding faux flaaaar arrangement ?

Also electronics, and at one time Easy yo even though it was sold in local shops.

I refuse to buy from anyone who charges excessive postage to NI as it costs exactly the same by RM to post to NI/London/Edinburgh. Unfortunately my list is extensive including Lulu G from her own website.

Yes I too get annoyed they don't give hip sizes. I am neat in the bust but am a Butternut squash shape- all hips - so even tops can be a problem, either swimming at the top or stretched to buggery at the bottom.

Miss G, you can atone for your actions by sending a flattering text to DF, saying how much you have enjoyed her latest book and how it's changed your life, and could she read out your text on screen. Follow this with watching 10 hours of Pope Pete, ditto of Howard aka "Did I ever tell you about my bowels?" - and I sincerely hope you will be sufficiently humble after that little lot, and never do it again. By the way, you should have kept the dress - couldn't you have put it in your present cupboard? :giggle:

Miss Grumpy;822825]Sackcloth. Ashes. Breast beating time. I ordered a Kim dress from QVC (I hear the hisses from our dear readers. It's all right, sisters and brothers, I have learned my lesson).

I shall never order from Q again. I am a chump. I am going to write 100 lines until I have punished myself and remember.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back