National Television Awards

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Atticus

Registered Shopper
Peter Simon is renowned for his lies, but his latest is quite something. He is claiming on air that Ideal World/Him/the Presenters have been short-listed for a National Television Award...

I'm used to him describing everyone as 'award winning' or saying that the presenters are 'always in the papers', but does he seriously think that viewers are gullible enough to believe that a third-rate shopping channel has been short-listed for a National Television Award?!

Since when did the truth ever get in the way? I'm still trying to work out what was "only £35" yesterday afternoon, when there was nothing on the screen that was £35 - but there was £124.00+, & £41.00+ easy-pay

Peter Simon is renowned for his lies, but his latest is quite something. He is claiming on air that Ideal World/Him/the Presenters have been short-listed for a National Television Award...

I'm used to him describing everyone as 'award winning' or saying that the presenters are 'always in the papers', but does he seriously think that viewers are gullible enough to believe that a third-rate shopping channel has been short-listed for a National Television Award?!

Maybe there's a new award for the most disturbing, sleazy, lying presenter or something :wonder:

Has oer Pete been nominated for the Jimmy Savile Rocking Caravan Award for services to BBC Childrens Telly?

Or the Tied Tongue Award for the most mispronounced words ever by a shopping telly presenter

He'd win the award for that hands down, he'd also win the award for the biggest lear and the biggest tawt........(think about it) :mysmilie_17:

It's his new persona - Twat Man.

There was background music and he was trying to be a James Bond type character... You have to ask yourself why IW have to resort to stupid stuff like this. As a customer, if they can't present a product in a calm, informative manner, I believe there must be something wrong with the product. The more stupid or hysterical a presenter gets the more cynical I get.

There was background music and he was trying to be a James Bond type character... You have to ask yourself why IW have to resort to stupid stuff like this. As a customer, if they can't present a product in a calm, informative manner, I believe there must be something wrong with the product. The more stupid or hysterical a presenter gets the more cynical I get.

Were you not around when IW got started ... they sold photo's of the presenters. :mysmilie_17:I think I will have to start watching again if simple Simon thinks he is James Bond.:mysmilie_19:

I miss those days, when you could turn on IW and watch for a whole hour the item you want to buy, but he's there all...the...time! It's turned into a laughing stock which is a shame, I wanted to watch that Daewoo air fryer microwave, I was really interested and I thought 7p delivery brilliant! but then there he was and over goes the telly.

I think that most of the female presenters and all of the models should get some recognition for their contributions to fashion! Before I start, I fully realise that they're there to sell products, so I'm not expecting to hear " Good grief ladies, take a look at these hideous trousers - I guess they'd be ok for doing the gardening or cleaning the oven in, but for God's sake if the doorbell rings ignore it!" any time soon. However, "My Nygard slims are my "go to" trouser when I want to look smart and feel comfortable", "Every time I wear my Sugar crisp top, people are forever asking from me which exclusive boutique I bought it" or "Get on the phone mum - I really want these" In the case of the latter, there's probably a code word they use to tell mum that they actually do want them to order the product - "Love a Duck Mum, I really want these - get on the phone!" but we don't hear this very ofter (or ever, for that matter), these comments are a step too far!

....and let's watch out for the next major fashion awards - will they be wearing the likes of Sugar crisp, made in Italy and Nygard? er....very doubtful lol!

Were you not around when IW got started ... they sold photo's of the presenters. :mysmilie_17:I think I will have to start watching again if simple Simon thinks he is James Bond.:mysmilie_19:

I didn't watch in the early days, they sold photos of the presenters!!!???!!! They should do that now, I could have a signed photo of Mikey Mason on my wall, just what my flat needs to give it a touch of class!

I think that most of the female presenters and all of the models should get some recognition for their contributions to fashion! Before I start, I fully realise that they're there to sell products, so I'm not expecting to hear " Good grief ladies, take a look at these hideous trousers - I guess they'd be ok for doing the gardening or cleaning the oven in, but for God's sake if the doorbell rings ignore it!" any time soon. However, "My Nygard slims are my "go to" trouser when I want to look smart and feel comfortable", "Every time I wear my Sugar crisp top, people are forever asking from me which exclusive boutique I bought it" or "Get on the phone mum - I really want these" In the case of the latter, there's probably a code word they use to tell mum that they actually do want them to order the product - "Love a Duck Mum, I really want these - get on the phone!" but we don't hear this very ofter (or ever, for that matter), these comments are a step too far!

....and let's watch out for the next major fashion awards - will they be wearing the likes of Sugar crisp, made in Italy and Nygard? er....very doubtful lol!

Agreed. There are ways of selling without exaggerating, like saying this is designer fashion when it clearly is nothing of the sort. You could say it is comfortable, good value but they should not tell downright lies.

He's obviously going for the suave, sophisticated look (pity he isn't either, but there). He'll be doing a Fred Astaire across the room next. After watching him with Craig the other evening he seems to fancy himself as a dancer as well - is there no beginning to this man's talents?
I want know why he was wearing evening dress to sell face cream!

He's obviously going for the suave, sophisticated look (pity he isn't either, but there). He'll be doing a Fred Astaire across the room next. After watching him with Craig the other evening he seems to fancy himself as a dancer as well - is there no beginning to this man's talents?

He seems to use his hours as an audition in case Mr Big from the big telly shows are watching, ready to sign him up and take him away from tellyselly and make his dream come true :mysmilie_19:

The ship sailed long ago..........In fact, it didn't dock :mysmilie_17:

Latest posts

Back