Stuhrling Watches - give me strength!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

historymystery

Registered Shopper
Pope P at it again.....just told us the watch will be an inheritance, heirloom for a lifetime, limited supply, etc. I thought selly telly presenters had been warned about implying that things will increase in value or gain heirloom status? Keeps on about watch collectors must get one - why? No real information, he just keeps saying it is "a Rendezvous Eclipse" - what the ruddy heck is that when it's at home? Is RE the model of the watch? And "this watch has no hesitation"....well, Pete, if it did "hesitate", it surely wouldn't tell the right time, would it? His hands are trembling quite a lot tonight, aren't they?

I hardly ever watch IW but flicked over and saw the watches, and actually watched PS for more than 30 seconds.

I didn't realise he never finishes a senten....

Every watch was wonde.......

He never once said the full price, just the easyp......

When I first tuned in, I'm sure he was selling one for 3000 pou.....

But the next one was about £129 so I may have been wro....

And every watch was .......... (He didn't even start the word)

Although he described one of tham as automa..... but the second hand was moving in one-second steps so it looked like a quartz to me.

I hope I don't see him agai........

I hardly ever watch IW but flicked over and saw the watches, and actually watched PS for more than 30 seconds.

Although he described one of tham as automa..... but the second hand was moving in one-second steps so it looked like a quartz to me.

:mysmilie_15: You got him to a T Stratobuddy! Irritating beyond words, isn't it?

Pope Peter is just hilarious if you ask me! I do honestly enjoy watching the silly fake sod just for a laugh. As if you would believe one word that come out of his mouth. I have a word for him but its far too rude to post on here!

:mysmilie_17::mysmilie_15: Lol!! Strato, you are right - when the hour started, the "start price" was three grand. I nearly choked on my Hobnob (if you'll pardon the expression, or on my Hobn.. as Pete would say). His usual flow of words(?) seemed to have dried up, as he was pretty tame compared to the usual stream of nonsensical half-words/half-sentences, and when he does the watches he comes over very "spiritual" - at one point, I thought he was going to burst into tears (laugh - I thought I'd never start). We found out practically zilch about the watches, and I thought they were quartz, too, but he blethered the word 'automatic' so I've no idea. Just another example of the weird world of Pope Pete (or Po.. Pe.. if you prefer).

whitesnake, I confess that I, too, watch him for the laughs, although he makes me angry when he's "economical with the truth" about prices (did it again last night, you'll have noticed). I also think they should rein him in with the innuendoes - certainly before the watershed, as some of his comments are very dubious. At least last night he wasn't running around acting like a maniac, and when he first came on, sitting at the desk wearing that terrible vomit-coloured tie (excuse the expression) I thought he looked like he was going to cry. Of course I then realised he was overcome with emotion, and the sheer beauty of the watches......

Pope Peter is just hilarious if you ask me! I do honestly enjoy watching the silly fake sod just for a laugh. As if you would believe one word that come out of his mouth. I have a word for him but its far too rude to post on here!

As i said in another post i am looking for a watch so i had a look at the show the first one was £3000 i nearly choked if any one paid £3000 grand for that they need their head testing imho, the rest were not my cup of tea but could not help but listen to the complete b*****ks he was talking.

I used to find peter quite amusing in the bid days, less so as that channel drew to a close though (i.e. I think he was wearing thin on me even then) and now, although I don't frequent shopping tv as much these days, when I hop on and see him I cringe ... mind you I cringe with most of them except the GORGEOUS catherine huntley on QVC :)

I KNOW they're selling stuff ... I KNOW they need to say everything's wonderful ... I KNOW they need to be positive positive positive, but folk like peter don't half spout a load of rubbish in the process.

last night he was saying how one of the watches had a such and such movement in it ... queue smirk to the camera ... followed by a bit of advice telling us to look at watches on the internet that have these movements ... they sell for 'many thousands' apparently.

BIG DEAL!!!

ford might put ceramic brakes on a limited edition sporty focus. ferrari might put ceramic brakes on many/most of their models.

my point? the ford is still a ford ... the ferrari is a ferrari.

if it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck........it is a duck, as they say. Quite frankly, I lost the thread of what he was saying about half way through, and when he muttered something which I missed and I asked the OH - who insisted the phrase he'd said was "camel droppings" or something similar - I then decided that enough was enough....and abandoned ship.

I used to find peter quite amusing in the bid days, less so as that channel drew to a close though (i.e. I think he was wearing thin on me even then) and now, although I don't frequent shopping tv as much these days, when I hop on and see him I cringe ... mind you I cringe with most of them except the GORGEOUS catherine huntley on QVC :)

I KNOW they're selling stuff ... I KNOW they need to say everything's wonderful ... I KNOW they need to be positive positive positive, but folk like peter don't half spout a load of rubbish in the process.

last night he was saying how one of the watches had a such and such movement in it ... queue smirk to the camera ... followed by a bit of advice telling us to look at watches on the internet that have these movements ... they sell for 'many thousands' apparently.

BIG DEAL!!!

ford might put ceramic brakes on a limited edition sporty focus. ferrari might put ceramic brakes on many/most of their models.

my point? the ford is still a ford ... the ferrari is a ferrari.

Post of the year :giggle:

Latest posts

Back