Lumio Lights Projector

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

historymystery

Registered Shopper
Just watched possibly the most boring introduction to the Lumio Lights Projector hour....Ok, I get what they do, but the presentation was initially 5 minutes or so of just watching areas of the studio wall dotted by red and green lights. Very pretty, but hardly an inspiring presentation or one that showed the whole effect (if there is one). The only bright spots (pardon the unintentional pun) are: counting how many times Angela (guest presenter) says "Howard", listening to her being even more bossy and fussy-sounding than Howard himself, and hearing Howard say "listen, it's such a busy hour, the phones are so busy, and I must give you an update on fibre-optic Christmas trees" ( Really, Howard? Must you?) Sorry, am I missing something with these lights? .............hang on a minute, Howard says he's going to create "the magical mood of moonlight"- obviously Pope Pete's scriptwriter is somewhere in the background...

OH reckons Howard's just given us a quick flash...

You mean Howard did not come out with his favourite theres been a surge there seem to be quite a few alleged surges when he is on.

You can get the same thing for less than a tenner including shipping on Banggood.com it is a portal to Chinese products where IW gets all their stuff ....http://is.gd/6X4JVz

Just watched possibly the most boring introduction to the Lumio Lights Projector hour....Ok, I get what they do, but the presentation was initially 5 minutes or so of just watching areas of the studio wall dotted by red and green lights. Very pretty, but hardly an inspiring presentation or one that showed the whole effect (if there is one). The only bright spots (pardon the unintentional pun) are: counting how many times Angela (guest presenter) says "Howard", listening to her being even more bossy and fussy-sounding than Howard himself, and hearing Howard say "listen, it's such a busy hour, the phones are so busy, and I must give you an update on fibre-optic Christmas trees" ( Really, Howard? Must you?) Sorry, am I missing something with these lights? .............hang on a minute, Howard says he's going to create "the magical mood of moonlight"- obviously Pope Pete's scriptwriter is somewhere in the background...

I am somewhat concerned about the concept of "Howard giving us a quick flash'...

Yes, another day, another dose of Howard (aka "The Bowels"). But have no fear, Muttley - decorum was maintained at all times, even though he was jumping about as though someone had put hot coals in his socks at one point. Angela (the guest) did seem to have him under control while I was watching, seemed quite a forceful lady, quite strong and determined to get her comments across, although got on my wick saying 'Howard' every 3 seconds.....heck, lady, we all know his name. He was in his element with these lights, brought out the child in him, I guess, but after about 10 mins tops I'd had enough and to me they looked vastly overpriced for what they were - and from comments on here, I think I'm right.
I am somewhat concerned about the concept of "Howard giving us a quick flash'...

Last edited:
Yes, another day, another dose of Howard (aka "The Bowels"). But have no fear, Muttley - decorum was maintained at all times, even though he was jumping about as though someone had put hot coals in his socks at one point. Angela (the guest) did seem to have him under control while I was watching, seemed quite a forceful lady, quite strong and determined to get her comments across, although got on my wick saying 'Howard' every 3 seconds.....heck, lady, we all know his name. He was in his element with these lights, brought out the child in him, I guess, but after about 10 mins tops I'd had enough and to me they looked vastly overpriced for what they were - and from comments on here, I think I'm right.

I like it when Moira C, the scarf lady is on. Personally I think she is too full of herself and doesn't shut up but at least the presenter, even Dirty Peter, can't get a word in!

When I saw the title of the thread I thought oh I wonder if they've picked up on how boring it is!!!! Yes, I'm not the only one. Hats off to you for sticking it out and making it more entertaining, 'cause as soon as I see those spectacular (not) red and green dots all over the studio, I reach for the remote control! Oh, and you missed "the busiest part of the hour"!

Looks like the lights are going to be the same a s the keep fit c**p never of the screen even through the summer :mysmilie_10:

Nearly a year on, Mossie and they're still here! I just tuned into the "busiest part of the hour" of course! I think that if you're having a party out in the garden, they'll look amazing, but I don't see that making your front room look like a night club/psychadelic fish tank would do much for the ambiance of your dinner party! Once you've seen what they do, how much they are, the show is boring, boring, boring. Who's buying this stuff? Great if you own a mobile disco perhaps, but I can't see who would want to rush to the phones to buy these. As the weather in this country puts paid to most outdoor parties (even in the summer), and just watching this show tells me that they'd drive me round the bend having them on indoors. They seem an awful lot of money for what they are, surprised they haven't suggested that one buys it, then rents it out to family and friends!!!

Oh and what a bargain.......buy a twin pack and get a special deal! One would have thought that if they might be generous enough to offer a small discount to those wishing to buy two, lets say ten or twenty pounds - might encourage a few buyers....but wait for it - The twinpack's a penny dearer - What's the point in that? It's not as if anyone's going to save on P&P cause it's free on this product anyway. Though having said that I can't think of anyone who'd want to buy one, let alone two!

So its for indoor user ONLY, and two colour ONLY, and looks cheap and flimsy, less versatile...not the same product at all!

...and Ideal World's prodicts are not cheap and nasty? What planet are you on? They must live on a parallel universe in Chorley.

who's this ...

'and nooooow, let me take you on a wondrous journey ...
through cloud and skyyyyyyyyyyyy ...
through galaxy's and beyooooooooond ...
hold my hand (eh, no ta!) as I transport you to anoooooooother world ...
another time ...
another reality ...
not only a world of spaaaaaaaarkle ...
not only a world of shining beauty ...
not only a world of ...
not only a world ...
not only a ...
not only ...
not ...
no ...
n ...
weeeeeeeeeeeeelcome to Lumio'