Peter Simon tributes and Mr Peter Vollebregt

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

desertranger

Registered Shopper
Viewers of this forum might be interested in the following tributes to one of the greatest undiscovered comic genuises of our time:

And this Twitter page is a wonderful collection of his (not only) beautifully crafted sayings that have added so much to the cause of consumer enlightenment, as well as taking the English language into hitherto unexplored regions:

https://twitter.com/PeterSimonSays

Regarding the lesser known Peter of Ideal World, Mr Peter Vollebregt, viewers might be surprised to learn that he was trained as an actor at Trinity College Dublin. It must be something of a come down to deploy his acting talents in such an uninspiring role, and being identified as a mere 'supporting' shopping tele presenter. He always strikes me as being a little, well, bland. The only real change I've seen in his performance was when he wore some serious glasses whilst giving an 'expert' commentary on some Thomas Kinkade pictures. Perhaps he was taking his cue from the Superman films, when Clark Kent dons civilian clothes and those famous glasses, to give him a completely new persona. I can't imagine many people were taken in by Peter's art critic character though... not after all those vacuum cleaner performances. (He is somewhat typecast on this channel.)

I'll leave you with this video, showing Peter in a somewhat risqué (and certainly out of character) comedy sketch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nitUY2NCDE

Such a shame that Peter Simon has grabbed Ideal World's comedy crown...the stage isn't really big enough for two comedy geniuses.

*None of the videos or other content are mine, just thought I'd share them*

Is Peter Vollebregt Genevive's other half?

Reason I ask is due to a clip with Gen and her partner who was the "Caller" who sounded VERY.......Very very much like Peter V.....................Oh he was the "caller" on a sleep genie show.

Is Peter Vollebregt Genevive's other half?

Reason I ask is due to a clip with Gen and her partner who was the "Caller" who sounded VERY.......Very very much like Peter V.....................Oh he was the "caller" on a sleep genie show.

Oh yes you're right, there's a pic of them together on his FB page

I think Pete loves it....he really, really loves it..... Or, to paraphrase the Spice Girls, "Don't tell him what yer want, what yer really, really want".......Oh heck, calm down. Apart from the music driving me crazy, the words were, as usual, priceless...."the dream of wisdom".:mysmilie_483::mysmilie_483:

Luv it Luv it Luv it - :mysmilie_17::mysmilie_17:

I've just noticed that Peter Vollebregt has altered his YouTube video settings for the mentioned comedy sketch (above). It is now listed as private i.e. you need the owner's permission to view it. This would seem to be a clear instance of someone hiding their light under a Bissell...I suspect he was worried about the content conflicting with his somewhat sedate shopping tele persona.

How very dare he! Pete's persona is an asset to any product...as we all know on here :mysmilie_483::mysmilie_483:
I've just noticed that Peter Vollebregt has altered his YouTube video settings for the mentioned comedy sketch (above). It is now listed as private i.e. you need the owner's permission to view it. This would seem to be a clear instance of someone hiding their light under a Bissell...I suspect he was worried about the content conflicting with his somewhat sedate shopping tele persona.

"Light under a Bissell"........love it! :mysmilie_15::mysmilie_15::mysmilie_15::mysmilie_15:

I think Pete loves it....he really, really loves it..... Or, to paraphrase the Spice Girls, "Don't tell him what yer want, what yer really, really want".......Oh heck, calm down. Apart from the music driving me crazy, the words were, as usual, priceless...."the dream of wisdom".:mysmilie_483::mysmilie_483:

It would be good if for once he could just finish a sen..........

Its a pathetic presentation, Honestly amazingly IW world have managed to find a person who cant simply string two words together when he should be easy to understand in a calm and collected manner, yet then have found Saint Peter of simon, He is like a slabbering drunk who is out of control with no self awarness whatsoever.

Its so obvious he must be on peanuts at IW, every product presented its all the same ohhh's, woooo's, fake gasps of air, made up tales about invisible family and friends, dont forget the stock is flying out y'all!! 10% gone.

I would love any presenter to present without mentioning any stock levels / fake stories etc, then we might see how decent they may or may not be at showing us what an item does etc.......they'd be lost for words.

Talking of pathetic presentations..............Kinkade tonight at 10pm :mysmilie_59:

Thanks Momma:mysmilie_14: I will be tuned into the Kinkyade hour and will be wrapped up in the blanket with one bar on and a cuppa hot choc with curtains drawn a la Saint Peter style :coffee::giggle::movie:

Are you sure it's 10%, S C O? It could be 5% or it could be 78%, and it could vary depending on whether it's a full moon, or there's an R in the month.

QUOTE=S C O;828414]Its a pathetic presentation, Honestly amazingly IW world have managed to find a person who cant simply string two words together when he should be easy to understand in a calm and collected manner, yet then have found Saint Peter of simon, He is like a slabbering drunk who is out of control with no self awarness whatsoever.

Its so obvious he must be on peanuts at IW, every product presented its all the same ohhh's, woooo's, fake gasps of air, made up tales about invisible family and friends, dont forget the stock is flying out y'all!! 10% gone.

I would love any presenter to present without mentioning any stock levels / fake stories etc, then we might see how decent they may or may not be at showing us what an item does etc.......they'd be lost for words.[/QUOTE]

Latest posts

Back